Luckish

Luckish's second fat unban appeal :)

I recently joined the server again because it seems as though the server switched boxes or something, and I was unbanned. I remade a medical character and started roleplaying like normal, with Xal coming on the server a few times when I was there. I felt as though I was roleplaying adequately and representing medical well. 163f46512d.pnge785e9018f.png Then, one day, after an event, mid-roleplay I'm perma banned again, probably by Ackua, but I don't know because there was no reason and no name! 31e96090da.png?????? The only remotely "mingey" thing I did in my short time back on the server, as far as my awful memory can recall, is I rdm'd Lexious once on low-pop after showing him an exploit in which if you prone while falling, you can survive any height. We tested this, I rdm'd him, he rdm'd me back. Some soft bitch delicate admin pm'd me saying he could kick me for rdm, I called him some obscenity, and that was that. Naturally, as a good admin does, he blocked me on steam. I wasn't able to contact anyone until Xal added me, and I'm glad I can get perma banned because people don't like me :)

Is anyone willing to speak in Luckish's defence or attest to the fact that he was playing Emily Alms seriously?

It seems unlikely to me that Luckish and the word serious might ever appear in the same sentence but I'm happy to be proven wrong. 

The trademark sass does you little credit and makes it harder for me to justify unbanning you.

2 hours ago, Detective British said:

I remember the name, but I don't remember the character. But I don't have much word here. Who was the one who banned him originally though? That'd be a good start.

I'm asking for a specific example the last time he was on server (in the last month) that he wasn't just trolling - who bans him oughtn't pertain to it, but as I recall it was Aqua.

16 hours ago, Luckish said:

163f46512d.png

@Xalphox This was from me. Emily Alms was ok. Anyone who plays medics at all at this point in time is a welcome addition I think, even luckish to some degree. My reasoning says;  Unban, let it play out. just make sure to keep the rod handy so as not to spoil the child.

Personally, having witnessed the snark first hand. I say no. 

We are not that desperate for medical that we should unban someone who has a strong track record of mingery like Luckish does. 

Of course, he can be serious for a little while, but he proved himself still a minge when he directed utter vitriol at an admin for asking him to stop RDMing, which Luckish already knew was a banable offense. 

I believe the admin in question was @Scar. He should weigh in. 

14 minutes ago, HazyDay said:

Personally, having witnessed the snark first hand. I say no. 

We are not that desperate for medical that we should unban someone who has a strong track record of mingery like Luckish does. 

Of course, he can be serious for a little while, but he proved himself still a minge when he directed utter vitriol at an admin for asking him to stop RDMing, which Luckish already knew was a banable offense. 

I believe the admin in question was @Scar. He should weigh in. 

I mean, just because you unban him doesn't mean you can't punish him for being a cunt

luckish is a child. you don't kick children from your house for being naughty and going in all the wrong places, you put them back where they came from, say no and maybe even spank if that's your thing.

6 minutes ago, Appetite Ruining Kebab said:

I mean, just because you unban him doesn't mean you can't punish him for being a cunt

That's what the ban was for. 

well, i did see him strolling about the barracks and chatting with some people on different decks on alm, so i unno

i'd say give him a last chance

that wasnt in the last month, more like a bit longer than that but i was away for 4 months or so, so i cant attest to that time period

i do remember his medic from one event too and he was ok

1 hour ago, Appetite Ruining Kebab said:

luckish is a child. you don't kick children from your house for being naughty and going in all the wrong places, you put them back where they came from, say no and maybe even spank if that's your thing.

I'm not sure where you grew up, Kebab, but if I was bad as a child, I was grounded. If I continued to be bad, I lost privileges entirely. 

Luckish has continued to show his inability to not be a minge. For as long as I have been on this server, more than a year and a half at this point, he has been a minge. He goes through with spurts of good behavior,but always goes back to what he knows. 

He was permabanned the first time for the same reason the second. 

Permabanned twice for the same thing within a matter of six months shows me he's incapable of not being a cunt. 

26 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Where are a list of the rules? I have never seen them, and I have been looking for them for a month now. I was not aware "being a cunt" was a bannable offence. If he is a minge, then I would ban him when he actually does something wrong, even if you know he will (which you never can), one instance of minging is worth the principle, in my opinion.

RDMing is a bannable offense. Every player is is warned this upon joining the server. This is not his first offence for RDMing. He was warned several times before his first ban. He joined again and RDMd and when warned, he unleashed at the Admin that warned him. The behavior is unacceptable. 

Luckish at one point was an admin on this server. He knows the rules better than the players and neglected to follow them. 

29 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Where are a list of the rules? I have never seen them, and I have been looking for them for a month now. I was not aware "being a cunt" was a bannable offence. If he is a minge, then I would ban him when he actually does something wrong, even if you know he will (which you never can), one instance of minging is worth the principle, in my opinion.

The reason why we do not have rules is to prevent special individuals from trying to skirt them, only to challenge bans with the "but it wasn't against the posted rules!" claim.

I can legitimately understand why players here are interested in showing Luckish mercy.  In fact, I find it honorable and redeeming for those who have tried to fight for him.

However, there is a lack of experience amongst this group in favor of unbanning whereas those in favor of keeping the ban hold the most experience with Luckish.

We have given him a second chance.

We gave him a third.

We gave him a fourth.

We unbanned him only to ban him for his fifth chance.

Luckish was at one point, a good member of this community.  He was able to provide complex arguments that challenged established rules of thought.  He was a deep and thoughtful player.  A jerk at times, but one of the best admins we had in the past.

Now he's here.

This isn't a case of a child stealing a cookie out of the cookie jar, nor is it a case of that child skipping school or smoking a cigarette.  This is a child who has, time and time again, bit the hand that kept trying to feed him and showed him mercy for past transgressions, only to now demand that same mercy with sarcasm and insincerity.

I'm not putting anyone in this community at risk.  My official vote is no.

21 minutes ago, Fitz said:

If to RDM is a bannable offence, then ban too Lexious.

I can understand your position, and I can respect it. I just personally do not understand the reasoning for the ban.

1. He was banned for an offence not against the rules ("being a cunt")
  2. An offence he committed with another person in the same circumstance is then cited as a justification
  3. The other person offending being Lexious would under no circumstances be banned for the same action
  4. Now I am seeing a reason for his ban was his prior interactions on the server

I would suggest you let him play, and ban him when he is the culprit of an actual breaking of the rules, therefore it is just.

As I said, I believe the principle is more important than any short-term mingery he could enact on the server.

If principal is so important, his ban should remain in effect. 

He was given five chances to be a responsible player. He has proven he cannot do so. Where does that stop? The eighth, ninth? It's irresponsible of us to allow him to continue his tenure. It sets a terrible precidence for players and admins alike. 

There should be no more chances. Everything has an end, and Luckish's time on the server has come to one. 

Just now, Fitz said:

In this case why was he unbanned? I think you don't really suggest banning him, this is more of a technical issue that requires no appeal by that. Reinstate his ban if it was never lifted, but I would suggest nobody attempt to construe a reason for doing so. If this is a technical issue that is that, but I wouldn't suggest you say he was banned for "being a cunt", for in reality he wasn't ever banned in this situation, his ban was more by fluke lifted, and then put down again. This thread is wholly useless. 

He wasn't technically unbanned in the first place. With the new script, his ban was lost. He was only able to log onto the server because of a technical issue. Not because he was actually unbanned. 

He was allowed to stay because he had been okay. Then he wasn't. 

My vote is no.

Edit:

I had told him to not use /r to relay OOC messages -- He then called all the admins retarted.

I am familiar with this person -- Nothing positive. Whether it's spamming on TS, mingey behaviour, etc...

Sure, he may 'chill out' and act 'fine.' It's when he's comfortable where his true colors shine.

'Unless we say otherwise, do not reply to a complaint or an appeal unless you were involved and have something material to contribute - for example, your testimony of what happened, pictures of evidence.'

since @Xalphox apparently has asked for the community to speak on this one - correct me if i'm wrong, there wasn't a cleanup of this thread happening, but i'd suggest you don't argue for 5 pages. you say yes or no,  you say why. provide examples if you can, then that's it. if you want to discuss it, go to pms or general discussion, i don't see anything wrong with that personally.

1 hour ago, Fitz said:

If to RDM is a bannable offence, then ban too Lexious.

open up a complaint (with proof preferrably), then he'll get it too.

Good'day yall.

As yes I was the admin in question here and what is mentioned in this mans post.

I'd just like to clear a few things up in what he said, however.

21 hours ago, Luckish said:

he blocked me on steam

I didn't block him on steam I merely did not accept his friend request due to my first encounter with him being that he acts like a child and well the evidence I showed @Ackua in a meeting about some of the things he said made me very sure that I didn't wish to speak to him.

21 hours ago, Luckish said:

Some soft bitch delicate admin pm'd me saying he could kick me for rdm, I called him some obscenity, and that was that.

So the situation in which this happened and what I showed the other admins was that. I saw many players on the server messing around be that rdming, posting random bullshit in OOC and multiply other things WHILST people were actually in IC and RP situations around the ship. So I said in OOC after turning it off due to the amount of stuff being posted into it, 'Get IC' from which I then got harassing pm's from luck saying things such as 'faggot'. I will admit I replied "I could just kick you for rdm" which actually for rdming would be a light punishment for the case, as some admins would go straight to warns or a ban. But then he further message me with harassment and instead of just leaving it at that, he decided that acting like a 12-year-old instead would be the best course of action in his message before eventually going afk. This situation gave me the image that this guy is just a minge and that is why I didn't wish to speak to him in steam and therefore didn't accept his FR.

I didn't actually ask for the ban that was up to @Ackua after the meeting in which I showed him evidence and ask for him to be talked to as I didn't know his history of banning etc.

I would say no to the un-ban but I don't think I know the guy well enough to weigh in on the judgment.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

'Unless we say otherwise, do not reply to a complaint or an appeal unless you were involved and have something material to contribute - for example, your testimony of what happened, pictures of evidence.'

since @Xalphox apparently has asked for the community to speak on this one - correct me if i'm wrong, there wasn't a cleanup of this thread happening, but i'd suggest you don't argue for 5 pages. you say yes or no,  you say why. provide examples if you can, then that's it. if you want to discuss it, go to pms or general discussion, i don't see anything wrong with that personally.

open up a complaint (with proof preferrably), then he'll get it too.

This is correct. I very specifically asked for people to speak in favour of him - not for a tally of people who don't know him or people who absolutely won't speak in favour.

I don't see any reason why you should be unbanned, Luckish, especially given you'll likely get yourself banned after 2 or 3 days with your "extra funny" flavour of edge.

But a compromise. I'll unban you - but the very next time you get a valid ban, it's permanent - no ifs, no buts.