Cronk

MI Updates

Date: 28 Feb 2018

NEW NCO HANDBOOK

T.O. Changes 

Goals for Myself: Doing this in the spare time I have over the next 2 weeks or so.

• Finish all WIP information sheets; Signals, Grooming, Uniform, Radio discipline, NCO handbook, etc.
  • Establish a full list of the ‘31 Crash landing of SICON.’
  • Revise relationship policy, improve output of information if needed.

NCO’s:

• ** Senior NCO’s. ‘History and Moral Philosophy’ classes for the player base. Explaining M.I. morals and values and provide some background into SST lore such as ‘The Disorders’, the Russo-Anglo-American and Chinese Hegemony War and the Treaty of New Delhi and how it has impacted the MI’s values. -- Organise with McRann (MSgt. Solomons) to do a fortnightly NCO review of all subordinates. -- Bring back Basic Trooper Competencies. Staff Sergeants and Sergeants will be responsible for running these types of trainings, mandatory the first time, second is optional. If you have questions about either of these tasks, message me and I can help. BOOK THESE SESSIONS AND PREPARE IN ADVANCE!
  • ** Junior NCO’s. Start doing more passive stuff around the ship, Corporals in particular, start doing things like barracks inspections, dress inspections and rifle inspections. As junior NCO’s it’s your job to maintain the living standards of the unit, Corporals will now have free reign to conduct inspections, however still refer to a Sergeant or Staff Sergeant for issuing of NJP’s and the likes.
  • Create passive around the ship. I've said the a couple dozen times, it's the duty of NCO’s on SSTRP to assist create passive events. Things like inspections, creative NJP’s, games, movies and tasks for people to RP. Running and other boring NJP’s are to be used restrictively. First and foremost this is a roleplay server.
  • On the 4th of every month, the MI Command will meet to discuss inactivity and possible removal of NCO’s. Those being removed, will be added to a list on the Table of Organisation. (Included below)

Additional requirements:
All Sergeants and up, PM me with your email (Preferably GMail); You’ll be added to a GDoc folder and given editing permissions. Admins will be permitted access to additional information upon request. Division leaders are welcome to send me their emails to be added. I will not be chasing people, so if you complain about not having access, blame yourself.
Reason for restriction of information: In short, people have lost this privilege by metagaming information.

It’s a requirement that all Corporals and above, maintain activity on the forums and have joined the MI command club. Check regularly.

Public Table of Organisation: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1opHW_fqfaHDCqd6Blv1m1Tb651rDWBW9lpZwGlwd2UE/edit?usp=sharing 

We’re currently working on an updated version of the NCO handbook, going a little more indepth to major questions. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Lesson plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1As0CoXVXvy8po_pOoTV9h3jCAMpv27BOHtVwtg4TpYg/edit?usp=sharing

Frequently asked questions:

NCO handbook (Revised/WIP): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WuzF9G7wbEzaff40EoxBUhnZDCYE4DpP7lq2S6ILgn0/edit?usp=sharing 

General Infantry House Keeping:

• IC Relationships - All relationships are to be cleared through platoon or company command staff, (MSgt. Solomons, 2Lt. Kowalski, Col. Davidson). Continuing to follow the chain of command while doing so. Both characters will be required to sign relationship papers. Divisional Officers may sign, however any papers must be passed to MI command for logging. Prolonged relationships or sexual relationships, without relationship papers being signed, will be brought before an officer, and face possible transferal or charges dependent on the situation.
  • Sidearms - Sidearms are still to be cleared by Divisional or Infantry Officers, however, authorization of said sidearms must be passed to MI Command for logging.
  • Decrease in player base - Due to the decrease in the player base, although, it may only be for a short time. We'll be decreasing the amount of NCO's we have/require. Any current extras, for example 3 Staff Sergeants, are to fill vacancies due to inactivity or LOA's. The aim of having three, is to ensure we have at least 1 member of the MI Command Staff present at any time. ** Note: Not always going to be the case.
  • Monthly updates - Hopefully I will be posting one of these at the end of each month, pertaining to changes to the Mobile Infantry. Dependent on my situation, this may or may not happen.
  • Camouflage regulations - Original post is still in place.

Complaints:

At this time, MI staff have no credible complaints regarding any NCO's, staff or actions.

AS I ALWAYS SAY, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT ME AND ASK. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

To avoid upcoming inspection spam by eager wannabe-Corporals, things you can do:

• Distributions

FedNet isn't space internet, it is a widely distributed database/discs/cassettes/whatever. Food can be distributed. If we plundered a batch of oranges, you can ration those.

• Lectures/courses

You can talk about how to kill X bug, discuss combat tactics with the Infantry (even painting stuff & projecting stuff via playx) or give fucking baking courses, idgaf.

• Competitions

There was Matene's fightnight, which one of you is the first to claim the pokernight or the poolnight?

There's plenty of fun things that don't involve waiving your wet and eager junior NCO dick around. Anything top-down that you do is likely 80% less fun for all the others, ie. inspections.

Inspections are as exciting as formation trainings

Right. Someone's going to tell me I'm expecting too much, but this will better you as a roleplayer and possibly as a person.

Stuff and what's happening:

1. Exercise some personal initiative.
  2. Don't take IC, OOC. Keep it IC.
  3. Keep command staff informed of any decreased activity. I will not be giving as much lenience as I have in the past. If you disappear for longer than a couple of days without telling anyone. You'll be losing your position.
  4. If you have an OOC complaint, bring it forward. Note; Make sure it's credible.
  5. Black listing for NCO's will now be in place, it is not a public list and all black lists will be signed off by either McRann, Durango or I.
  6. I will not be chasing people for things anymore. If you fail to keep up to date on something. You may lose your NCO position.

If for whatever reason, you are still too lazy to search for things, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QKKLGYQKPz-UIjpbqr7XNF2p5cJMqcAdRgFY4gSxciQ/edit?usp=sharing

Steam profiles for command staff:

Durango: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Narwhalz

Cronk: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Illsnapuihufm8/

McRann: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004520587