Don't shoot up your school, become an SSTRP Administrator. Experience power like never before. It's basically the same thing. Normal people need not apply.

rsz_nkxjlrp.jpg.6ebaa0ef56b0ffdf3ecb3e0b4edff10a.jpg

20 hours ago, Xalphox said:

"We say 'shooting range', you say 'elementary school'."

You would say shooting range if the government ever gives back your guns, or until you're not scared of them.

3 hours ago, Fitz said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_Germany\

Their gun laws are harsher, are they not? I'm not sure, but it seems to me.

Germans do it right dud, they use flame throwers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre

Not to muddy a Fast Thread with seriousness but from that wiki page - there have already been more than twice as many school shootings in the USA in just 2018 than there have been on that page.

Guns are fun but many treat them as toys, playthings to be used and abused much like a toddler would a Fisher Price Kitchen Set, and frankly fail to offer them any of the respect they are due as metal death sticks (which they are at the end of the day). 

The irony is that the gun advocate type who would take issue with my post are exactly the kinds of people who don't fit into that category - they tend to be the types of people who take their guns deadly seriously and who invest the time and money into not only maintaining their weapon but maintaining their ability to safely operate their firearm. It's the kind of guy who picks up a Glock from his local gun store to show off to his friends how bad ass he is that is the issue - and until America finds a way to safely distinguish these two types of people there are always going to be issues like this.

Or, condensed down to the single thought that pops into my mind whenever I debate loosening UK gun control with someone: would I trust the average stranger on the train with a gun? Fuck no.

When your version of the CIA has stopped 2 school shootings this year. Shout out to my niggas at ASIO. Keeping me safe and shit like a proper intelligence agency should. I'd like to request this thread be renamed to 'Shooter anonymous'

FB_IMG_1480494325663.jpg.a52a88ea077b309e734cf2836329ec28.jpg

received_10210387348174375.jpeg.337191d719c383857ae92873e87b76f3.jpeg

received_1139417062844206.jpeg.f91c4b46bd566deb57a988ff1e73af4b.jpeg

6 hours ago, Xalphox said:

Not to muddy a Fast Thread with seriousness but from that wiki page - there have already been more than twice as many school shootings in the USA in just 2018 than there have been on that page.

Guns are fun but many treat them as toys, playthings to be used and abused much like a toddler would a Fisher Price Kitchen Set, and frankly fail to offer them any of the respect they are due as metal death sticks (which they are at the end of the day). 

The irony is that the gun advocate type who would take issue with my post are exactly the kinds of people who don't fit into that category - they tend to be the types of people who take their guns deadly seriously and who invest the time and money into not only maintaining their weapon but maintaining their ability to safely operate their firearm. It's the kind of guy who picks up a Glock from his local gun store to show off to his friends how bad ass he is that is the issue - and until America finds a way to safely distinguish these two types of people there are always going to be issues like this.

Or, condensed down to the single thought that pops into my mind whenever I debate loosening UK gun control with someone: would I trust the average stranger on the train with a gun? Fuck no.

Most of the school shooting statistics for 2018 are suicides, gun discharges in schools, etc. We haven't had a shit ton of school shootings like Florida, just guns in schools going off. Oh, also: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/statistics.php

And here's the evidence for my claim: http://www.businessinsider.com/school-shootings-2018-1

8 hours ago, Xalphox said:

t's the kind of guy who picks up a Glock from his local gun store to show off to his friends how bad ass he is that is the issue - and until America finds a way to safely distinguish these two types of people there are always going to be issues like this.

would I trust the average stranger on the train with a gun? Fuck no.

The problem isn't unfortunately that people are being careless with guns. Generally, most of our mass shooters were actually well versed with their weapon. They knew exactly what it was capable of and they made sure it did just that. The problem is that people are making conscious decisions to commit these mass killings, and they're doing it at an unprecedented level. The question is why is this happening now, with semi automatic weapons. Why wasn't this happening when weapons could still be purchased full auto, and with as many tactical attachments as possible.? 

Which circles me around to my next point; while I agree that I too would not trust any random stranger with a gun, I would trust them a lot better if I had a gun also. Now, replace random stranger with the government? It's like we discussed before, maybe in the U.K. you trust your government, but here? We don't believe a fucking word they say, and we definitely don't buy into their "your best interest" bullshit. 

In short,

Do I think gun restrictions need to be more strict? Yes. 

Do I think gun restrictions will stop those with ill or criminal intent? No.

To channel my inner Kentuckian; the government can pry my guns from my cold dead fucking hands. I blame the media instead for glorifying the little murderous pricks. 

47 minutes ago, Durango said:

The problem isn't unfortunately that people are being careless with guns. Generally, most of our mass shooters were actually well versed with their weapon. They knew exactly what it was capable of and they made sure it did just that. The problem is that people are making conscious decisions to commit these mass killings, and they're doing it at an unprecedented level. The question is why is this happening now, with semi automatic weapons. Why wasn't this happening when weapons could still be purchased full auto, and with as many tactical attachments as possible.? 

Which circles me around to my next point; while I agree that I too would not trust any random stranger with a gun, I would trust them a lot better if I had a gun also. Now, replace random stranger with the government? It's like we discussed before, maybe in the U.K. you trust your government, but here? We don't believe a fucking word they say, and we definitely don't buy into their "your best interest" bullshit. 

In short,

Do I think gun restrictions need to be more strict? Yes. 

Do I think gun restrictions will stop those with ill or criminal intent? No.

To channel my inner Kentuckian; the government can pry my guns from my cold dead fucking hands. I blame the media instead for glorifying the little murderous pricks. 

1. The restrictions around guns could be built in such a way that they don't involve the government. Put in the same amount of rigour as a passport application, for example - if you want a gun license, you need the counter-signatory of one or two well-standing members of your local community (non-felon, probably over a certain age, but not related to the applicant) to vouch that you have the right mentality. It won't be bullet-proof but it would be enough to put guns out of the reach of many of your average specky incel recluse bent on making people pay because a girl he liked didn't like him back.

One of the huge successes I think of the gun lobby in the United States is not so much as just preventing gun control, but successfully ingraining the idea in the minds of Americans that gun violence could never be fixed, never be mitigated, and that no form of gun control - no matter how reasonable or minor - can ever work. Much the same way that socialized healthcare is treated ("It could never work in America") at a time where your average American pays 5x as much for healthcare than any other country in the world and where almost all of your western allies have somehow achieved it.

2. The second amendment allows for the right to bear arms so as to form a well regulated militia - but even if it didn't, why is the second amendment's language taken so literally whilst other constitutional rights are trampled with impunity? For example the fact that warrantless NSA tapping (putting aside the morality of the action itself) is permitted thanks to some frankly disgusting mental and legal hoop jumping in the face of the fourth amendment - which I think anyone who read the text would see as completely against the spirit if not the word of the amendment. "Would the founding fathers be okay with this?": I think it's very hard to argue that they would.

3. Gun restrictions might not restrict a connected career criminal - but for all their faults, these are not the kind of people to engage in an indiscriminate mass shooting; a bigger issue in my opinion than gang crime or organized crime will ever be. I've seen guns (even handguns) in the UK before - in the hands of drug dealers and career criminals: they are absolutely not impossible to get here. But there hasn't been a school shooting here since the Dunblake Massacre (almost 40 years ago) after which handguns were banned - because, again, your average specky incel recluse bent on making people pay because a girl he liked didn't like him back isn't typically the type of person to immerse himself in the criminal underworld (or any sort of world for that matter). Guns aren't impossible to get in the UK, but those who do get them are the rational kind of criminal who (a) doesn't want to go to prison and (b) has no interest in killing strangers indiscriminately - it is a tool for their business and a last resort. 

4. The carelessness with guns is less focal on school shooters I suppose as a general article. I think we both know who springs to mind when I say certain people shouldn't be allowed guns - and I think you'd agree that they probably shouldn't because it is a matter of time before they shoot themselves or they shoot somebody else either by accident or on purpose.

5. That reassurance from you having a gun yourself is fake: whilst we were at that firing range in Kentucky, if I were that way inclined at any point I could have just swivelled around and shot you in the face and you would have had little opportunity to react or to defend yourself, armed or otherwise. I might've got shot afterwards myself, sure - but if I was willing to take those consequences, or I wasn't mentally capable of linking my actions to those sort of consequences, that wouldn't be an issue. Guns unlike other types of weapon are easy to use and they are point-and-click. Whoever draws first has a massive, massive advantage - even the best shooters would need a great degree of luck in order to win a gun fight where they are taken by surprise.

27 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Fake accent or Northern Ireland; either way just as bad.

australian from what i read

doesnt matter to me 

4 minutes ago, Lucoa said:

AA3A8642-A216-4ABD-9834-332A5176CC47.jpeg

typical American - ten years behind the times

its all about your mad hydrochloric acid skills now fam

26 minutes ago, Xalphox said:

typical American - ten years behind the times

its all about your mad hydrochloric acid skills now fam

I love you on the lowkey ❤️ Please make America your colony again, daddy Britain 💕💞

1 minute ago, Fitz said:

The guy dresses up about 150 years behind the time but still can't afford his own canteen, smh

I have my own canteen. Fuck you mean? The only thing I don’t have is my own 1861 Springfield and cartridge box for my reenactments 

Just now, Fitz said:

I remember like a year ago you were borrowing one. Still, get gud. 

Civil War reenactments > stinky European Napoleonic Wars reenactments

What's the difference between a pot of yoghurt and the United States of America?

Yoghurt would have developed a culture after a couple of hundred years

Fun fact: I'm flying to the USA on Saturday. I'd honestly be very worried about my phone and stuff being searched - but it won't be because I'm whiter than a Carrie Fisher Christmas