Jump to content
Fitz

Criticisms Please

Recommended Posts

Some of you might have noticed I've been on a spree of PK'ing as many of my characters as possible. I've PK'd Reynolds, am in the middle of PK'ing Staines, and am going to PK my FFRL, Naomi Wise. After this I will only keep Anni, because I don't want to screw up someone else's character for my lack of ability to play a fitting character. Having said that, I believe Anni is probably the most fitting character I have, and it will be easy to make them completely fitting over time. I am going to try to make two more characters in the near future, another RTO Specialist, and a Flight Crew member. With these characters, I will try really hard to make them less eccentric and more fitting to the server in terms of their personality. 

 

I think I'm also very disagreeable, so I'm going to try not to argue any more at all. Send me a PM if you think I'm being too contrary. I think a lot of people know this and they don't like it, but they've never told me, and I have to rely on other people asking for opinions on me. 

 

Leave some criticisms below please, and I don't care if they're even constructive either. Just tell me what I'm doing wrong, and if you could suggest how to fix it, that'd be an appreciated bonus.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll put these here since it's fitting and means people don't double post already mentioned criticisms already discussed through Steam and such between myself and Fitz. 

 

  • Literally all of their characters are 1. Twinks and 2. Problem starters
  • Biggest tip for fitz: Just because the federal articles say you are allowed to do it, that doesn't mean it is the right thing to do
  • Overly opinionated OOCly
  • They toss their opinion into things no one asks for it to be around.
  • Long posts sometimes, bit of a tendency to start trouble. Perhaps be more.. passive?
  • If an admin says no, just drop it and leave it. 
  • Refrain from admin hopping. If one admin says something, don't go to other admins asking for an answer.
  • You've already had an answer from one. All it does is cause conflict between the admin team.
  • Tell him to relax (People can feel free to elaborate more on this one as it is, for now, rather vague)

Share this post


Link to post

your characters are unrealistic as fuck

 

I was idling on the toilet and you were coming by, trying to get in. when i told you to scram you asked who i was

 

 

WHO DOES THIS IN REAL LIFE

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

your characters are unrealistic as fuck

 

I was idling on the toilet and you were coming by, trying to get in. when i told you to scram you asked who i was

 

 

WHO DOES THIS IN REAL LIFE

omfg I actually laughed so fucking hard at this I don't even know why

Share this post


Link to post

The last time I knocked on a bathroom door to see if it full the occupant replied with. “For fuck sakes just let me die..”

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, El Excellente said:

your characters are unrealistic as fuck

 

I was idling on the toilet and you were coming by, trying to get in. when i told you to scram you asked who i was

 

 

WHO DOES THIS IN REAL LIFE

says the literal nigger with dual machetes

 

!!!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Archer said:

says the literal nigger with dual machetes

 

!!!

You know though, Anni almost had a machete duel with him. Her crazy days are over now though... hopefully... even though it was less than a week ago.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Archer said:

i am well aware of what the marines do

Did*

 

They're disbanded now. No more marines.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz said:

I'll put these here since it's fitting and means people don't double post already mentioned criticisms already discussed through Steam and such between myself and Fitz. 

 

  • Literally all of their characters are 1. Twinks and 2. Problem starters
  • Biggest tip for fitz: Just because the federal articles say you are allowed to do it, that doesn't mean it is the right thing to do
  • Overly opinionated OOCly
  • They toss their opinion into things no one asks for it to be around.
  • Long posts sometimes, bit of a tendency to start trouble. Perhaps be more.. passive?
  • If an admin says no, just drop it and leave it. 
  • Refrain from admin hopping. If one admin says something, don't go to other admins asking for an answer.
  • You've already had an answer from one. All it does is cause conflict between the admin team.
  • Tell him to relax (People can feel free to elaborate more on this one as it is, for now, rather vague)
  1. I'm PK'ing literally every single one of my characters but Anni, who I will try to make not a problem starter, which will be easy to do seeing as they are not a marine anymore, but I agree that was an issue so I'm trying to fix it.
  2. I think this is more of an IC thing towards Anni, and she isn't a marine anymore, but I am aware this still could be an issue as a LCpl. or NCO. Anni is trying to fix is and meld into the MI.
  3. Yeah, I know about that. Gonna try to tone it down to an absolute minimum.
  4. Same as #4.
  5. Yes, I think the long posts ended with May Belle, but notify me if I ever do it again. The next character I make will be very calm.
  6. Yes, I will try to do that more. I think I end up arguing semantics sometimes even though I agree with the admin, just don't understand exactly what they're saying or how they're putting it.
  7. I've never even heard of this expression but it makes sense and I will refrain.
  8. #7.
  9. I agree I do need to relax but I get quite neurotic often, so it's a bit difficult. I will try.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay. But you asked for it. 

 

1. There is a place for your characters here. You won't let them take it. People complain and bitch so hard about anti-characters but the truth is if done properly they're more fun to play. A bumbling slacker turned hardened mobile Infantry soldier sounds like an interesting story in itself. However, you won't let your characters evolve  past the infancy of their development. It should work something like: unacceptable behavior>life changing events>rebirth. Your character seems to ignore all these moments that would break your character and  cause an individual to rethink their place in the universe, or to just get a lot more set in their ways. Ultimately, this leads to a discharge. "Shape up or ship out" as it goes. 

 

2. Your characters are mostly the same. I don't know any of your characters by name, yet as soon as I see them I know it's you. This is typically because aside from maybe one or two differentiating features, most of your characters are tiny little anime girls. I think 2-3 might even be trans? Idk it wouldn't matter if it weren't about to bring me to my next point. 

 

3. We had another player who's character was a trans female. They reached Master Sergeant and were well liked. Until they weren't. Which happens in the IC world, characters go through different relationship statuses with different people due to different IC drama. This was all fine and good. Until, that is, you factored in that the player herself was trans. In fact, the player was so similar to her character that they WERE their character. They began to treat everything happening to their character as if it were happening to them. They lost it and posted threads much like this. Then got themselves banned for pushing personal agendas. In short, make characters that are the opposite of you. It can be more fun reacting as someone who's completely not you reacts. I mean, you don't think I'm a socially retarded Hebrew  military commander in real life do you?(dontanswerthat) 

 

4. THIS. IS. A. GAME. 

Plz don't take it so seriously

plz don't take it so personally 

plz just relax and RP 

 

5. ????

 

6. Profit 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Durango said:

Okay. But you asked for it. 

 

1. There is a place for your characters here. You won't let them take it. People complain and bitch so hard about anti-characters but the truth is if done properly they're more fun to play. A bumbling slacker turned hardened mobile Infantry soldier sounds like an interesting story in itself. However, you won't let your characters evolve  past the infancy of their development. It should work something like: unacceptable behavior>life changing events>rebirth. Your character seems to ignore all these moments that would break your character and  cause an individual to rethink their place in the universe, or to just get a lot more set in their ways. Ultimately, this leads to a discharge. "Shape up or ship out" as it goes. 

 

2. Your characters are mostly the same. I don't know any of your characters by name, yet as soon as I see them I know it's you. This is typically because aside from maybe one or two differentiating features, most of your characters are tiny little anime girls. I think 2-3 might even be trans? Idk it wouldn't matter if it weren't about to bring me to my next point. 

 

3. We had another player who's character was a trans female. They reached Master Sergeant and were well liked. Until they weren't. Which happens in the IC world, characters go through different relationship statuses with different people due to different IC drama. This was all fine and good. Until, that is, you factored in that the player herself was trans. In fact, the player was so similar to her character that they WERE their character. They began to treat everything happening to their character as if it were happening to them. They lost it and posted threads much like this. Then got themselves banned for pushing personal agendas. In short, make characters that are the opposite of you. It can be more fun reacting as someone who's completely not you reacts. I mean, you don't think I'm a socially retarded Hebrew  military commander in real life do you?(dontanswerthat) 

 

4. THIS. IS. A. GAME. 

Plz don't take it so seriously

plz don't take it so personally 

plz just relax and RP 

 

5. ????

 

6. Profit 

  1. Yeah, I will try to do that more, I agree. What's done is kinda done though, and they're all dead now, so I think I might just have a go at making a normal character from the start.
  2. At the moment I have three characters, one is a slightly below average height pretty toned former marine, the other is a very tall yet skinny FFRL officer, and the third is Staines who is completely insane to the most literal degree. Staines is going to be discharged I believe today (at least I hope, if they would just do it already it'd be great lol). I'm getting my FFRL PK'd in an event soon too, and if not I'm just going to transfer her. They certainly feel like different characters, but if you're RPing a Colonel I can see how from the outside two of them might look a bit similar.
  3. I've never had a single trans character. I've had one male who was just rather feminine, and a female who was just a bit too masculine so they confused her for a man. I think the prior certainly was a bad idea and they're very long gone now. I can though, see how I might care too much about peoples' OOC opinions on me, but I'm going to be honest, my characters are nothing like me IRL, nothing at all even in the slightest besides maybe their body type for the most part I suppose.
  4. I can see that, I really can. I probably should but I'm illogical.

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps if you went a less structured route with your characters you might find more success.

 

Of course a lot of people try and destine their characters for something specific or try and fit a template they made for themselves but I personally like to go with the flow most of the time.

 

Kayne for example had no structure, I got on, thought up a name, leached my first name a bit, and then let his first few experiences in the MI define him. I didn't make a character sheet for him until I figured that out.

 

Now eventually I began making structured characters but they were either comical backups, i.e Nikolai, or a character meant for a faction that could grow on his own as a secondary character for me, i.e Leonardo Astrom. But the point is you can have multiple characters but you should try and make them diverse and then focus on your MAIN character until you feel comfortable multitasking per say.

 

As far as your RP I don't think it's terrible, however, everyone has their faults and I am not an expert but I can give you suggestions.

 

From my interactions with your characters they are all hard to break through to, and Anni may have been a marine and I understand the "yes Sergeant" archetype but it doesn't make for someone to connect with. And listen if you really want to do that, go ahead, these are just my outlooks. But perhaps make them more personable and when it really comes down to it, then they can be "yes Sergeant, no Sergeant" and if you don't know what I mean, I basically mean you are too serious and "uptight" for lack of a better word.

 

Don't make your characters so frontal all the time, I noticed when I was around Anni if anyone touched a prisoner you'd get a little annoyed which while that's understandable, sometimes you just need to let things happen, it reveals a lot to some people and those are the people who matter. Don't always try and take the lead in every situation regardless of the character unless they are like, Larsen or a CO that needs to which at the moment I don't think many people have.

 

Honestly just focus on your RP, attitude, and take these criticisms for improvement, please don't take it to heart because I'd hate to see someone get torn down over a server that tries to provide fun.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fitz said:

the other is a very tall yet skinny FFRL officer,

I'm not sure sw's post was clear. You do not have an FFRL officer anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HazyDay said:

I'm not sure sw's post was clear. You do not have an FFRL officer anymore. 

Mhm it was clear, I sent him a message and he said I could keep them until I get the PK soon.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×