Sign in to follow this  
Derpytoast

Derpytoast's 24hour ban appeal

I was just banned for 24 hours, I will say Yes I was at fault but the ban was purely bad timing, Hazy gave me the I'll ban you Pm Nine seconds before I hit enter as I was still typing and didn't happen to look up ( I type looking at the key board...) or  hear the sound in chat on my Last Pm before I was done discussion and but that point I was done, She gave me no time to actually stop before banning me and I had no intention of Continuing past my last very badly timed Pm

Since this is my ban, I will address it. 

At least twice over the /PM harassment session from Derpytoast, I advised him I was done with the conversation and he continued to /PM me because I refused to negate my RP to accommodate his character's wants. The situation happened IC and should have stayed IC and I should have never been PM'd about it. 

He is not incorrect that there was a very short time frame between the second time I told him I was done and the ban. 

However, I advised @Durango that I was going to issue a twenty-four hour ban because of the /PMs and was not told I could not issue the ban. 

If the third party involved in this had any issues or wanted their IC things to be taken care of a certain way, they should have addressed it with me, as the person has me on Steam, could have messaged me on the forums or contacted me on server. I was never contacted by the person in question. As far as I'm concerned, the ban should stay. It is unacceptable to harass anyone OOCly over an IC situation. 

7 hours ago, HazyDay said:

Since this is my ban, I will address it. 

At least twice over the /PM harassment session from Derpytoast, I advised him I was done with the conversation and he continued to /PM me because I refused to negate my RP to accommodate his character's wants. The situation happened IC and should have stayed IC and I should have never been PM'd about it. 

He is not incorrect that there was a very short time frame between the second time I told him I was done and the ban. 

However, I advised @Durango that I was going to issue a twenty-four hour ban because of the /PMs and was not told I could not issue the ban. 

If the third party involved in this had any issues or wanted their IC things to be taken care of a certain way, they should have addressed it with me, as the person has me on Steam, could have messaged me on the forums or contacted me on server. I was never contacted by the person in question. As far as I'm concerned, the ban should stay. It is unacceptable to harass anyone OOCly over an IC situation. 

Did you say you were going to ban him if he didn't piss off?

I'm reducing the ban at any rate to 12 hours - not to say Hazy is in the wrong at this point (because there is precedent for this - I banned TheLynch over it), but as it is a first and I think a night off is enough to send a message

Even if it doesn't matter now I'll say that I encouraged @HazyDay to issue the ban. 

Formal warning was given several times. The player refused to relent. 

I agree with reducing to 12. 

I agreeeeee