The first step of the application process is filling out one of these simple formulars posted below. Depending on what position you are interested in, you might have to fill out more or less fields. The second step will be entering your approved character into the wiki database. Applications will always remain open for assistants. Lieutenants will be locked after ~5.

Federal Forward Research Laboratories scientist (Lieutenant)

Character name:

Wiki account name:

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run?

Desired field of study ('major'):

Field of specialization:

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have?

Describe a day in your lab!

Federal Forward Research Laboratories research assistant (Petty Officer)

Character name:

Wiki account name: (you will need to make a character page atleast)

Field of specialization:

Are you aware that while somewhat working independantly, you will have to report to one of the Lieutenants?

Federal Forward Research Laboratories scientist (Lieutenant)

Character name: Doctor Starr Axby

Wiki account name: HazyDay

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run? Yes. 

Desired field of study ('major'): Xenobiology, Human Biology, Chemical and Biological weapons. 

Field of specialization: All biologies, except Marine. 

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have? It would potentially add new weapons to the server, give the Infantry a new way of waging war on it's enemies. 

Describe a day in your lab! Autopsies all day! Biological and Chemical testing on willing participants, lots of experiments combining and breaking down biological weapons to find different ways to utilize them in the Federation's fight.

Federal Forward Research Laboratories scientist (Lieutenant)

Character name: Mary Jane Wrightes

Wiki account name: Fitz

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run? Yes, and I quite look forward to it. I've the vast majority of the lore on Elixaeberna added and even some on the literature my former character Stoke Mandeville had written.

Desired field of study ('major'): Behavioural Sciences (& Theology and Philosophy)

Field of specialization: Social Sciences

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have? Providing statistical analysis of surveys and statistics within the Federation and answer questions regarding to the cause and effect of certain aspects of life in the Federal Military and hope to improve performance via the application of the results of such causal relationships to specific issues as well as case studies and psychology. I would also specialize and research neurology. It would change MI policy and certain aspects of RP as well as be very interactive with the playerbase.

Describe a day in your lab! Probably making surveys and other such things to have handed out to the troops and possibly civilians in occupied areas. I would also bring in many individuals for case study interview and attempt to figure out what makes them tick, and what can make them tick faster. I would spend a large amount of time interacting with the troops directly or through surveys or gathered data.

Character name:

Justin Trench

Wiki account name:

Cipher

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run?

Yes,

Materials and electronics.

Field of specialization:

Xeno Weaponery and materials

I would work onto understanding what make certain materials quite resistant to our weapons, understanding the weapons and tactics along with the materials used by our enemies to futher understand them and produce countermessures onto them.

Step into the lab, begin to experiment onto some materials, Eg, what happens when we try to put a Progenitor crystal under an MRI scan / X-Ray Scan, working out the interlocking features and try and reverse engineer those.

Character name: 2Lt. Raymond Bonavich

Wiki account name: Zynapse

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run? Yes.

Desired field of study ('major'): Astrophysics, Quantum Theory, Technology.

Field of specialization: Most physics-related topics, Xeno and Human Technology.

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have? I will write more about technology and physics, as the wiki is seemingly lacking from those materials at this moment. I will also add a greater theoretical aspect to the FFRL as I explore different physics--related topics, where my character would be constantly drafting to overcome his issues.

Describe a day in your lab! Drafting again! The results for the efficiency of the Chernekov Drive have come in, they are seemingly low on-average. I'll have to check the drive itself while also taking samples from the fuel to determine what is the main factor for this is. Meanwhile, I'll be finding the escape velocity for a nearby black hole, as Fleet have proposed using it for an orbital slingshot. It wouldn't hurt to take some data from the black hole while I'm at it too.

Character name: Dr. Bernard Ost

Wiki account name: I don't know how this works and i can't creat a account. So i guess i write just the name i would give myself, Traitorverpackung.

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run? Yes

Desired field of study ('major'): Behavioural Sciences , Earth and Life Sciences

Field of specialization: Psychology, genetics.

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have? Firstly i want to improve our lovely passive roleplay. There are enough of our M.I.s with problems and dramas. So i want to give them a person to speak with and a person who overlooks the outcome of fights. My goal is to take caer of the M.I. And to reach my goal i will create research logs and reports about the M.I. They will contain information for superiors about the situation and who they should take care of. On the other side this char will prevent that somebody turns to an alcoholic or worse. He will be somebody to speak to. On the other side he will do genetics (If Behavioural Sciences is full) . The goel here is to find weakpoints in the genetic code of the enemy or a weakness about their surroundings. This will tend towards biological weapons. Also this will focus on the sub-species of our buggy friends and our Progenitor friends. In this topic this char will research and maybe find a way to weaken our enemy by creating a bug in their genetic code.

Describe a day in your lab! Bernard enters his section of the lab, as he noticed that he left something in the microwave. After getting the microwave cleaned and putting the rest of his noodles in the bin he checks the last of his research logs for any flaws. After done that he begins to investigate a sample of an arachnid Tanker. He finds something more or less useful and takes some notes. He heads on with more and more investigations and takes more notes. After getting done with this he gets a summary done for that he did today. "Time to take a break" he says to himself after leaving the lab. Then he heads down getting a sandwich or something else. And if he works in the Behavioural Sciences section he will mostly talk to other staffmembers. He will almost do the same like in genetic but as psychologist. Making reports and research logs about different staffmembers of the M.I. This will create a personal profile of some staffmembers. This will take the most of his time as psychologist.

Beside that he will work on summarys of psychs of the M.I. searching for issues and problems that appear more then once.

Character name: DeMarquavious Jefferson

Wiki account name: Will make an account ASAP, but the registration process is broken on the wiki RN.

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run? Yes, of course.

Desired field of study ('major'): Electrical Engineering

Field of specialization: Technology

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have? Essentially, my character (petty officer or Lieutenant), would strive to work with everyday items and electrical systems, such as the PDA and the radio. This would affect the server's passiveRP, giving a new definition to the PDA and working out its kinks among other things. The work provided by this character would also work to improve things such as helmet cams. Most importantly, this character will also work hand in hand with Fleet officers to improve the electrical efficiency of ship systems, such as life support and navigation. Overall, the work done by this character would affect the server pretty greatly, improving commodities utilized in passiveRP and FleetRP greatly.

Describe a day in your lab! A day in the lab for DeMarquavious would consist of breaking down the inner components of things such as radios and PDAs to work out flaws and improve them as such. Some other things he'd be doing would be attempting to synthesize materials to act as superconductors which would improve the electrical efficiency of ship systems, and surveying members of the ship in order to find out what everyday commodities and electrical systems can be improved.

21 hours ago, Cipher said:

Character name:

Justin Trench

Wiki account name:

Cipher

Yes,

Materials and electronics.

Field of specialization:

Xeno Weaponery and materials

I would work onto understanding what make certain materials quite resistant to our weapons, understanding the weapons and tactics along with the materials used by our enemies to futher understand them and produce countermessures onto them.

Step into the lab, begin to experiment onto some materials, Eg, what happens when we try to put a Progenitor crystal under an MRI scan / X-Ray Scan, working out the interlocking features and try and reverse engineer those.

14 hours ago, ryu said:

Character name: DeMarquavious Jefferson

Wiki account name: Will make an account ASAP, but the registration process is broken on the wiki RN.

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run? Yes, of course.

Desired field of study ('major'): Electrical Engineering

Field of specialization: Technology

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have? Essentially, my character (petty officer or Lieutenant), would strive to work with everyday items and electrical systems, such as the PDA and the radio. This would affect the server's passiveRP, giving a new definition to the PDA and working out its kinks among other things. The work provided by this character would also work to improve things such as helmet cams. Most importantly, this character will also work hand in hand with Fleet officers to improve the electrical efficiency of ship systems, such as life support and navigation. Overall, the work done by this character would affect the server pretty greatly, improving commodities utilized in passiveRP and FleetRP greatly.

Describe a day in your lab! A day in the lab for DeMarquavious would consist of breaking down the inner components of things such as radios and PDAs to work out flaws and improve them as such. Some other things he'd be doing would be attempting to synthesize materials to act as superconductors which would improve the electrical efficiency of ship systems, and surveying members of the ship in order to find out what everyday commodities and electrical systems can be improved.

I consider these to be quite the same as they're based around engineering. However, as Cipher is already an admin (and thus able to run missions at his own desire) and already has an engineering character (even has had a Technical Sergeant), I'm more inclined to give ryu the Lieutenant spot with the possibility of having Cipher's character as an assistant.

Please PM me your thoughts about this compromise @ryu @Cipher.

The rest of this batch has received a PM.

Federal Forward Research Laboratories research assistant (Petty Officer)

Character name: Duncan Kailor

Wiki account name: Dalttheman will be my account name once the registration process is fixed!

Field of specialization: Biology, Computational biochemistry, Inorganic chemistry and Analytical Chemistry.

Are you aware that while somewhat working independently, you will have to report to one of the Lieutenants? Of course.

Describe a day in your lab! Things could range from materials development (inorganic chemistry), to analysis of something that is completely unknown (analytical), or to analysis of any star clusters (computational) given the diversity of each field of study, and versatility of this particular petty officer. The most invaluable tool will most likely be computational analysis. Through Born-Oppenheimer approximations and use of coupled cluster theory, the vibrational frequencies of certain molecules can be determined to give theoretical infrared/raman spectra which can be compared to experimental infrared/raman spectra of unknown compounds and substances...allowing for identification of them. This can also be used to approximate the energistics of certain reactions, troubleshooting any problems that a materials scientist or a biologist might have in experimentally synthesizing certain materials, creating weapons, or even in development of drugs.

Character name:  Jane Grey

Wiki account name: Cant make an account at the moment, due to captcha error. But will as soon as I can. but the name will be derpyotast

Field of specialization:  Social Sciences

Are you aware that while somewhat working independently, you will have to report to one of the Lieutenants?: Yes, and I'm looking forward to it

Describe a day in your lab! Helping out my Lieutenant by handing out surveys and helping with the desk/paperwork portion of most of the work. other than that doing what ever the  Lieutenant asks me to do no matter how bleak or boring, whether it be just getting them coffee to running a message to another department.

Character name: Eric Lao

Wiki account name: Orwell

Are you aware you will have your own category on the wiki to maintain; which includes logging the missions you run?  yes

Desired field of study ('major'): Microbiology, Virology.

Field of specialization: Microbiology, Xenobiology.

How would your work affect the server and/or the canon we currently have? I tell you what, we'd learn a lot about different types of viruses and bacteria present in all the different places we go to. We'd use the data we've gathered on various alien life forms to better prepare troopers for hazardous environments and potentially weaponize certain strains of viruses or bacteria to turn the things in our favor from a biochemical weapons perspective.

Describe a day in your lab! Lao would be synthesizing genomes for different bacteria collected from tissue samples of Arachnids, and other xenospecies, assisting in autopsies, cataloging symptoms, develop vaccines, weaponizing bacteria and viruses, and anything else of a microbiological nature.