Sign in to follow this  
Xalphox

Taking an LOA.

Hi

Earlier this week I informed the rest of the admin team that I was reaching a tipping point. SSTRP has/had no longer became fun for me, and I was considering either shutting down the server, or handing it over to an XA.

Hi all,

As the title says, I am considering either shutting down SSTRP - or handing it off to an XA.

There are numerous reasons, but mostly it comes down to the fact that I am exhausted to the very core of my being with SSTRP.

I am tired of being relentlessly and unfairly criticised by morally ambiguous, sexually confused teenagers who contribute nothing but expect everything - of having my intentions constantly questioned.

I am tired of herding the admin team - at the time of writing, the server has for the twelfth or thirteenth time dropped back to low player count because of a lack of admins, despite the fact that we have thirty of them. It won't bounce back unless I make a concerted effort to run a ton of events. Why am I (it seems) the only one who feels a sense of duty?

I am tired of dealing with constant drama and politics, of watching admins and players alike transparently manoeuvre against one another for no other reason than personal dislike or for the goal of seeking favour or position.

I am tired of being kind and understanding towards people only to have it blow up in my face - for example Cronk, who let's not forget avoided a ban after admining a Discord where he and friends plotted against me and SSTRP because I wouldn't let them railroad a PK on a player, still got to continue to co-lead the MI for six months despite this, yet has supposedly been treated "unfairly" in the recent incident where he issued secret orders to a handful of his NCOs to kill any Marauder who chose to follow their Captain's orders over his. 

In short I am tired of investing my time and my money (pushing £10k now just in the last two years) into a game server where I am constantly treated like shit despite the fact that SSTRP is all sacrifice no reward for me. I've not really enjoyed SSTRP since six months after we launch - the Civil War has offered a fun opportunity for writing but besides that the mere thought of SSTRP makes me feel tired and exhausted.

Up to now, I've kept the server up purely because I thought that it would be cruel to rob others of the opportunity to enjoy SSTRP that I once enjoyed. But now I find myself wondering: why? Most of you are total fucking cunts. So why am I investing my time and money in a community made up of people who don't seem to have the faintest semblance of respect for me?

This is exacerbated by the fact that up to now I have worked from home and had the opportunity to invest time into it - but I'm unlikely to be quite so lucky in the future. So I'm going to have even less free time shortly - why should I spend it on SSTRP?

Furthermore, as I mentioned last, I have accepted a role that requires me to commute back and forth to London each day - meaning I will not have the freedom and the time that working from home once entitled me. 

But the overwhelming consensus from the admin team is that they would very much like me not to shut down the server - that they and many of you continue to enjoy it. Unfortunately however the XA team have all pretty much said they would rather resign than take on the reins. Thus I am left in a conundrum as to what to do.

As a middle ground I will be taking an extended LOA - perhaps for a week, perhaps a month, perhaps a quarter. I will continue to pay the bills, but I intend on having nothing to do with SSTRP - or at least the administrative side. In the interim, I intend on leaving the decision making solely in the hands of Durango, Tonic, and Franco (who was made XA a couple of days ago). They will act much the same as I have - each with unlimited power to act unilaterally, with the assumption that they will seek a consensus amongst other XAs when making decisions of significant consequence for the server. Only where there is a conflict between XAs will I intervene.

I am rarely afforded the opportunity to speak plainly but I feel this is one of those occasions where I can let my hair down:

To the majority of you who are cunts: fuck you.

To the few that were decent people: it has been an absolute pleasure and you were a most welcome relief. I hope you remain when I return.

PS. Trilby is the biggest cunt that I've had to deal with over the past two years. If I had the foresight to know what a cunt she'd turn out to be, I would have still confronted Ace & co. over the fact that they were harvesting her personal details for nefarious purposes, because unlike Tril, I am not a total fucking cunt. Virtue signal away, fuckhead - when push comes to shove, when there has ever been a stand to be made, you were always the first to sit.

In the interim, after this week a ceasefire in the Civil War will form between Sanctuary and the Coalition after the arachnids, fleeing the Progenitors, begin to infringe and invade human territory once again - with the Progenitors shortly in tow. This gives us the justification to return to a more traditional SSTRP model of missions until I return.

Take care man

Ultimately if you don't enjoy something and you're doing it constantly then a break is more than well deserved

Don't sweat it man, ultimately at the end of the day the one who pays the bills makes the decisions.

Enjoy your time off.