Xalphox

New forums!

Hi all,

Welcome to the new and improved forums!

Besides looking a little less 2007, we can also benefit as a community from many features including but not limited to an improved calendar, clubs (I will explain this a little more further in on this post), a bona fide chatbox, more social network-style functionality and Steam-based authentication.

This marks the beginning of a concerted effort to overhaul our services on the anniversary of our opening - with more to come soon!

Whilst we don't plan to migrate the old forums over we understand that some of you will want to view the old forums and to transpose certain topics (biographies, training materials, etc) - you can find a read-only version of the old forums here: http://forums.starshiptroopersrp.net/old/.

Kind regards,

Xalphox

----

What are clubs?

Clubs are miniature communities-within-a-community that we plan to leverage to give faction leaders (such as the MI) the ability to create their own private areas outside of the regular forums to assemble their members, discuss topics, and schedule events.

There are four types of club: public, open, closed, and private. Public groups can be joined by anybody, open groups can be viewed and read by anybody but only members can post, users can apply to closed groups but otherwise they lack access, and private groups are totally hidden from the public and can only be joined via invitation.

As mentioned above, with groups, faction leaders can independently manage their members including making moderators and leaders, members can discuss topics in their own private club forum, and they can schedule events in their own private calendars.

You can view and apply to clubs like so:

Screen%20recording%202017-07-23%20at%200

I can't login to the old forums to get stuff from the admin forums.  Do I have to order posts to be transposed?

27 minutes ago, yahtz said:

I can't login to the old forums to get stuff from the admin forums.  Do I have to order posts to be transposed?

You should be able to log in?

I have no problems?

9 hours ago, yahtz said:

(i rate this post dumb)

ay nigga this is the OG ratings post

4 minutes ago, Craig R. Smith said:

We cant 'edit' our posts on the old site to get the BB code to copy them over to this one...

Please send help o' wise server owner.

When did you last check?

I tried to give you edit access after you rose this as an issue in shoutbox...

11 hours ago, Xalphox said:

When did you last check?

I tried to give you edit access after you rose this as an issue in shoutbox...

Just before posting this,

I can only report as if I were a guest.

after getting use to the old forums it is weird to see it different, but I do like it.

But maybe make it so you don't see replies in clubs or in the latest posts on the right? I just want to see new threads not new replies. An alert is all we need to see updates on threads.

Updated the "New Topics" feed on the right side.

>> Will only list threads by most recent "Start Date" rather than "last updated" or "last posted".

Tl;dr:  New Topics now only shows New Topics, not New Posts.

Updated the editor toolbar so users can have a MUCH EASIER TIME EDITING POSTS.

Spoilers, alignments, indents, TEXT FUCKING COLOR, TEXT FUCKING FONT, REMOVE FUCKING FORMAT, tyvm?  Yes.

Test

32 minutes ago, Tonic said:

Updated the editor toolbar so users can have a MUCH EASIER TIME EDITING POSTS.

Spoilers, alignments, indents, TEXT FUCKING COLOR, TEXT FUCKING FONT, REMOVE FUCKING FORMAT, tyvm?  Yes.

About time 

here's a glitch on our forums

poll threads are broken on the Dimension (Default) theme, which is the theme with the banner pic of the MI shooting bugs. the default theme when u come on the server.

i can view threads that are polls on the Default theme, the baked in IPS theme

check this test thread i made

http://forums.starshiptroopersrp.net/index.php?/topic/226-pole/