Sign in to follow this  
Troy Hughes

Need opinion/Personal opinion

So, I am creating this to see what the community thinks about what I am about to say.

I personally think that if an admin is gonna be involved in a event, they should stick to the event character or their MI trooper. Not dishing out /events when they are on their MI character. They should either focus on event or fighting with the MI. 

Personal opinion, what do y'all think?

Disagree entirely. If the admin is capable of doing both (Like me) they should. Staff need to always be readily available to help one another, even if its a drop lead, or a squad lead. This hardly ever causes issues, and when it does they're typically rectified quickly. If issues preside and aren't squashed, you contact an XA regarding said issue to sort it out.

1 hour ago, F r a n c o said:

Disagree entirely. If the admin is capable of doing both (Like me) they should. Staff need to always be readily available to help one another, even if its a drop lead, or a squad lead. This hardly ever causes issues, and when it does they're typically rectified quickly. If issues preside and aren't squashed, you contact an XA regarding said issue to sort it out.

Okay, that makes sense.

I think admins should conduct events with other admins assisting them, consider angles for everyone in the event and try to give everyone a slice of something to do and interact with. 

Hosting an incredibly good and well flowing event is incredibly difficult, and I'd assume that takes a whole lot of effort - in the end, I'd just say if your event is really that easy to run that you don't have to be constantly policing or working on individual variables caused by other players your event is probably only working for a certain group of people or just really boring, plain and noticeably scripted.  

Of course - this depends on the event, if it's a more casual event going on the ship it's probably possible to jump in with your own character - however, if it's a map-changing event or a large combat event admins should probably avoid getting involved and allow others to get some time to do something. 

If an admin really wants to just play their character they should simply step down from doing their role for an event or two, not build an event around the ease of there involvement. 

11 hours ago, Commissar_Jimbo said:

Of course - this depends on the event, if it's a more casual event going on the ship it's probably possible to jump in with your own character - however, if it's a map-changing event or a large combat event admins should probably avoid getting involved and allow others to get some time to do something. 

If an admin really wants to just play their character they should simply step down from doing their role for an event or two, not build an event around the ease of there involvement. 

for what it's worth i personally have not noticed this happening. typically i see that when an admin needs to get involved in something whether they're the event runner or just playing it's admin duty first, as i think it should be.

if its something detail adding, in line with the lore and the admin running the event is ok with that, i see no problem 

something small, adding to the atmosphere like an /it of the surroundings of the house, family pictures, animals running past, etc