Ok. Details!!!

So like I was thinking that a couple posts should be made some where (idk where) about the finer details of the MI.

Like their standard kit that they bring into drops. How much does it way? What does it have in it? What's in their rations? Shit like that.

What's in the IFAK? (im sure there's a post some where but...idk where xD)

Also what about enlistment shit. Like what is the minimum height? How healthy would you have to be to be able to join? What about injury limitations? 

Any thoughts or suggestions? (btw if everyone agrees with this shit im not fkn making it xD) 

Because I keep finding a couple situations where we have something in our kit that can save sosmeone but we dont know wtf we r doing or we dont know that it's in there. So possibly a suggestion for a couple new posts as well?

First, Standard Kit is nicely organized here: 

And if you're curious, here's the regulations: 

As for your question about IFAKs, it stands for:

Spoiler

Individual
First
Aid
Kit

It's a first aid kit carried by every infantryman (or is supposed to be), and contains things such as gauze, adhesive bandages, nasopharyngeal airway, etc. General practice is to use the IFAK of a wounded infantryman, as they're likely not going to go around bandaging wounded if they themselves are wounded. A helpful link if you're interested in what a U.S Infantryman's IFAK contains: https://warriorpublications.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/ifak-individual-first-aid-kits/

Finally, enlistment is 100% open (as far as I can recall, standards hasn't changed from regular Pre-Civil War). This means as long as you can understand and affirm that you understand the Oath, you can go into Federal Service. This means, and I have seen on the server before, people be exceptionally obese and still serve in the Infantry role (Quadricci); they can even be mute (Duvall). The likelyhood someone exceptionally short or tall WANTS to go into the Mobile Infantry may be really damn small, but it's their right and their life, so they can enlist. As for injuries, I'm not up to standard with the status of giving Biotechs to low ranks, but as far as I can tell, the chances of medical discharge before you die is really low.

Edit: Straight from the Medical Forums here, the IFAK: 

IFAK

Hide contents

BAG WEIGHT: 3lbs / 1.3kg

Carried by every Trooper to date, the IFAK is a kit designed to hold a wounded Trooper over until they can be seen by medical personnel.

HEMORRHAGE >>
x1 extremity tourniquet
x2 simple gauze dressing

x2 Israeli dressing
x1 hemostatic dressing
x1 occlusive dressing

x1 X-STAT

AIRWAY/BREATHING >>
x2 valved chest seal
x1 needle chest decompression kit

x1 NPA kit (- Contains several sizes of nasally-inserted rubber NPAs as well as a packet of water-based lubricant. Although uncomfortable, the NPA is the only airway adjunct that can be tolerated by conscious patients. Contraindicated by severe head/facial trauma or suspected skull fracture.)

BANDAGES/MUSCULOSKELETAL >>
x2 elastic bandage roll
x2 cling gauze bandage roll

DRUGS >>
x1 activated charcoal bottle
x2 tylenol

x1 mobic

x1 levaquin

MISCELLANEOUS >>

x1 trauma shears
x1 surgical tape roll
x1 box nitrile exam gloves
x1 casualty cards
x1 black surgical marker

That being said, that doesn't mean we won't transfer any snowflakey mute, obese, or otherwise fucked up character out of the 112th. It's a front line combat unit, they get to be a bit more strict with whom they let stay in their unit. 

I mean I also mean like physical requirements. Because I ran into someone 5'3 today on the server xD

I mean there is this char named somthing olsen and she is 5'3 lol

oh wait nvm xD

I think people forget that the average female height in the USA is 5'4, and 5'3 really isn't that short at all for women.

15 hours ago, Arrow said:

I mean there is this char named somthing olsen and she is 5'3 lol

oh wait nvm xD

Captain Bailey is 5'4". It's a pretty average height for Northern American women. 

Jordan made it as clear as it could be, but I guess some people need it reiterated; ANYONE. WHO CAN. UNDERSTAND. THE OATH. WITHOUT. A HORRIFIC CRIMINAL RECORD. CAN. ENLIST.

They will FIND you a role in the Mobile Infantry so long as you can read and understand the oath.

Our UNIT has its OWN RULES which are VAGUE and NOT WRITTEN because last time we HAD written rules, people skirted along the thin line 24/7, so we simply handle people case by case.

Likelihood is whilst they'll let someone who is 4'7 into the mobile infantry, they'd be placed in a unit suitable for them, IE Not the 112th.

If you think your character is questionable, ask a staff member before creation. 

On 6/12/2018 at 8:05 PM, F r a n c o said:

Jordan made it as clear as it could be, but I guess some people need it reiterated; ANYONE. WHO CAN. UNDERSTAND. THE OATH. WITHOUT. A HORRIFIC CRIMINAL RECORD. CAN. ENLIST.

They will FIND you a role in the Mobile Infantry so long as you can read and understand the oath.

while franco is correct, how it goes is 'they will find you a role in the Federal Service (which includes the MI the fleet rnd k-9 whatever else'

one can argue about having a mute blind downs character on the frontline, but we've had precedents of that in the past that we let slide, so as he said that's staying

you do you

honestly a K-9 division would be so much fun. no clue how they would be useful tho xD

5 hours ago, Archer said:

while franco is correct, how it goes is 'they will find you a role in the Federal Service (which includes the MI the fleet rnd k-9 whatever else'

one can argue about having a mute blind downs character on the frontline, but we've had precedents of that in the past that we let slide, so as he said that's staying

you do you

58 minutes ago, Arrow said:

honestly a K-9 division would be so much fun. no clue how they would be useful tho xD

Did I hear K-9? C'mere boy!

22 minutes ago, Lalatina said:

*Pats the carpet beside her,"Come here, boy."*

NO NO NO NO NO N ON O NO NO NON ON ON ON ON O NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ON ON ONO NO NO NO NO N ON O NO NO NON ON ON ON ON O NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ON ON NO NO NO NO NO N ON O NO NO NON ON ON ON ON O NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ON ON NO NO NO NO NO N ON O NO NO NON ON ON ON ON O NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ON ON NO NO NO NO NO N ON O NO NO NON ON ON ON ON O NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ON ON NO NO NO NO NO N ON O NO NO NON ON ON ON ON O NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ON ON REBEKA STRICKER IS A NO NO (I HAVE NO CLUE IF I SPELLED HER NAME RIGHT BUT STILL NO)

4 hours ago, CamGrrr said:

This is why we can’t have nice things.

And I got a warning for it, that's some bs, gonna cry now ;c

On 6/17/2018 at 10:13 PM, Arrow said:

Neo-Dogs are incredibly skilled at sniffing out bug holes and locating brain bugs. They are also heavily armed and deadly in close combat. A single Neo-Dog is more than capable of taking on an Arachnid warrior one on one and winning.

3 hours ago, Arrow said:

i feel we need neo dogs now @Rook xD

just have a player apply as a neo dog handler and then have one to to be a neo dog 

I tried back in the day, but Rebecca Stryker ruined it for all time. 

Not to mention, it would be unlikely our vessel would carry a Neo-Dog and handler, as they are deployed on a case by case basis.