Ymot Tommy Wort

Change the server name!

Hello there my fellow edge lords,

I bought up a couple of weeks ago that the name "Sstrp2" On the server browser is not a good name. The reason why I believe this is quite simple, the name "Sstrp2" Is very vague and not eye catching at all, and the other server FAW have there name as "NS - Starship Troopers" Now think about this:

Lets say you are a new fan of Starship Troopers, and you think to yourself "I wonder if there is any Starship Trooper servers on gmod?". You then go onto the server browser and see the server "NS - Starship Troopers" You are obviously going to click on it first. Now the problem with our name is that it is just "Sstrp2", I don't care what anyone says, no one is gonna click on that first. Like come on, we don't even specify if we are serious rp or not which already stops people clicking. FAW is gonna suck up any potential new players all the time if we don't do something.

My request is this, and feel free to disagree without calling me a retard or something, why don't we change the name "Sstrp2" To ".Net Starship Troopers Rp" Then make the server name specify that we have free PAC, tool trust and are a serious rp server. We would literally break even with FAW in a matter of weeks.

I am very confident with this idea and feel like it needs to be discussed. I commented it before, but I don't think it was acknowledged so I am putting up again. I advise doing the name change on the same day as the big server update, that would make the player base increase massively. In new and old players. 

Thank you for reading :)

Comment below what you think, I am up for debating this idea.

I personally don't see a problem with doing this. Cannot speak for any one else, but while mine comes up with a longer name it may not be the same if not using the server tool on steam. Showing off the fact we don't need to rely on donations and so we can offer elements for free incentives for those who are good with Tool trust / PAC may not be a bad thing.  Plus I think the . in .net would put us higher than them in the server browser. Which is petty but I mean I am personally okay with pettiness. xD

image.png

39 minutes ago, Admyral Joe said:

I personally don't see a problem with doing this. Cannot speak for any one else, but while mine comes up with a longer name it may not be the same if not using the server tool on steam. Showing off the fact we don't need to rely on donations and so we can offer elements for free incentives for those who are good with Tool trust / PAC may not be a bad thing.  Plus I think the . in .net would put us higher than them in the server browser. Which is petty but I mean I am personally okay with pettiness. xD

image.png

Hopefully you and some admins can discuss this! I reckon it is worth a shot. 

I'd actually agree... Kinda, server name is fine it's just the gamemode name 'sstrp2' is rather, uncaptivating and implies this is a test gamemode. I could see myself missing it when I scroll through the server browser. Might be better to call it '.Nets Starship Troopers RP' or 'Dot-Nets Starship Troopers RP' Or just something other than sstrp2.

C502C5ABDD2AD8C3E7369C4EBC31A4103D60B486

That's my little piece, but i don't think this change would have much of a quantifiable effect.

I’d have to agree. We need to operate under the basis that people don’t know what SSTRP2 means. Back when I was on Replex, it was just called Starship Troopers.net and that was optimal.

The .net tag applied a certain prestige to it. A feeling of officiality almost. 

22 minutes ago, Durango said:

What's that?

You want more My Little Starship Ponies?

Yes, please. (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

if we have to specify that we have PAC and free tooltrust in the server name we may aswell just change the script to dark rp.

the server is properly labelled, i don't see any issues with the server or gamemode name

3 hours ago, El Excellente said:

if we have to specify that we have PAC and free tooltrust in the server name we may aswell just change the script to dark rp.

the server is properly labelled, i don't see any issues with the server or gamemode name

Sstrp2 is an awful name. Just change it to ".net Starship Troopers Rp", I mean putting PAC in the title isn't even mandatory. 

Literally, no one knows what "Sstrp2" Is, all new players are going to click on "NS - Starship Troopers" First. The name "Sstrp2" Is awful just in general, even if FAW wasn't around, it is still really vague.

1 hour ago, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

Sstrp2 is an awful name. Just change it to ".net Starship Troopers Rp", I mean putting PAC in the title isn't even mandatory. 

Literally, no one knows what "Sstrp2" Is, all new players are going to click on "NS - Starship Troopers" First. The name "Sstrp2" Is awful just in general, even if FAW wasn't around, it is still really vague.

I completely agree with it being too vague. NS- ST is just gonna take most of the new blood and they'll show up before we do because they tend to have more players on, so even more people will see them before us.

13 minutes ago, OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz said:

pony.png

April Fools meme.png

Consider this my official request for more My Little Starship Ponies

Cease and desist, please.