TheLynch

[TRASHED] The Reversal

I have known of this incident for quite some time. It is pretty retarded, like OOC and IC are completely different. If you hate someone OOC, you still need treat there char with respect. I made the mistake of using OOC hatred in IC and it does nothing but destroy the community in servers.

#JusticeforRedbrick

10 hours ago, cat danny 25 said:

Sure you could argue "this is how pathfinders operate"

That sounds awfully similar to one who wishes to do as they please, despite having to break certain rules.  The Whole Scapegoat RP is in fair a pretty scummy approach as it's a rather one sided RP with only person getting the Upper hand over the other and i'd bet money that everyone, including myself would have a major burn out realizing your Character is getting driven off a cliff with no chance of surviving.

35 minutes ago, Randynand said:

That sounds awfully similar to one who wishes to do as they please, despite having to break certain rules.  The Whole Scapegoat RP is in fair a pretty scummy approach as it's a rather one sided RP with only person getting the Upper hand over the other and i'd bet money that everyone, including myself would have a major burn out realizing your Character is getting driven off a cliff with no chance of surviving.

Did you even read my post. The entire thing advocates against the idea of scapegoat rp and people doing as they please based off of absurd justification????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

5 minutes ago, cat danny 25 said:

Did you even read my post. The entire thing advocates against the idea of scapegoat rp and people doing as they please based off of absurd justification????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Wasn't referring to you negatively...................................................second Language ;-;

Anyways. Combing through the last page. I don't think admin characters should be able to do things 90% of the community cannot do simply because they have access to observer. There's no feasible reason for anyone to take a screwdriver. Unscrew a vent. And go crawling around in it for any reason other than maintenance - and even then, you can argue that there are better alternatives.

It's nothing more than a farce, and a means to pick on someone that this control group doesn't like, and boy does it show. I've been here for 2 years and it's the first instance anyone has ever used "I was in the vents and heard you", and has been supposedly prominent ever since, according to other testimonies in the comments.

If this has set a precedent then my hypothesis in my last argument is 100% true. It's setting a standard and allowing administrators a free pass to use their powers to metagame information they otherwise would not have access to without observer. It gives them a distinct advantage over players who arguably contribute more to the server than the admins who are abusing these privileges in the first place. This server nearly died when Xal stepped away, and with nobody to keep the admins in check the place fell to shambles these past few weeks and really only started to pick up after he came back.

You're admins so you can help people and make the server enjoyable. Not to garner some kind of 'one up' on the average player. When positions begin to be treated with such a distaste and -- frankly as a mockery-- I think it's time to wake up. You're here to provide a volunteer service, a platform for people to enjoy themselves - not batter them down over technicalities, hypotheticals and other ego boosting excuses.

.net has arguably one of the easiest serious rp audiences to entertain, and it shows in some of the event qualities. You guys are blessed to have a loyal, dedicated group of community members, and the job isn't hard unless you make it hard. Flexing on them is not the way to keep them happy. The players' enjoyment should always come before the enjoyment of the admins. It's why it's a volunteer effort. A service provided. 

29 minutes ago, cat danny 25 said:

Anyways. Combing through the last page. I don't think admin characters should be able to do things 90% of the community cannot do simply because they have access to observer. There's no feasible reason for anyone to take a screwdriver. Unscrew a vent. And go crawling around in it for any reason other than maintenance - and even then, you can argue that there are better alternatives.

It's nothing more than a farce, and a means to pick on someone that this control group doesn't like, and boy does it show. I've been here for 2 years and it's the first instance anyone has ever used "I was in the vents and heard you", and has been supposedly prominent ever since, according to other testimonies in the comments.

If this has set a precedent then my hypothesis in my last argument is 100% true. It's setting a standard and allowing administrators a free pass to use their powers to metagame information they otherwise would not have access to without observer. It gives them a distinct advantage over players who arguably contribute more to the server than the admins who are abusing these privileges in the first place. This server nearly died when Xal stepped away, and with nobody to keep the admins in check the place fell to shambles these past few weeks and really only started to pick up after he came back.

You're admins so you can help people and make the server enjoyable. Not to garner some kind of 'one up' on the average player. When positions begin to be treated with such a distaste and -- frankly a mockery-- I think it's time to wake up. You're here to provide a volunteer service, a platform for people to enjoy themselves - not batter them down over technicalities, hypotheticals and other ego boosting excuses.

.net has arguably one of the easiest serious rp audiences to entertain, and it shows in some of the event qualities. You guys are blessed to have a loyal, dedicated group of community members, and the job isn't hard unless you make it hard. Flexing on them is not the way to keep them happy. The players' enjoyment should always come before the enjoyment of the admins. It's why it's a volunteer effort. A service provided. 

I agree with this one hundred percent. Though it's not all admins that bring OOC into IC or using their powers to learn things they might not have knows. But what you said is really well said.

On 7/19/2018 at 11:39 PM, Coleision said:

xinmyx.png.852a7f4c49dce0fed8c88829e8ae2f31.png

Stolen.

On 7/20/2018 at 5:35 AM, cat danny 25 said:

Anyways. Combing through the last page. I don't think admin characters should be able to do things 90% of the community cannot do simply because they have access to observer. 

I'm in agreement with this line. Using logs or observe to perform actions you wouldn't know as a player is a wanton disregard and disrespect towards both the other player, and players in general. It has been discussed repeatedly that there ARE cameras in communal areas which would include audio. Communal areas are not inside Officer's rooms, or voyeuristically looking at people in the toilets. But even then. Only Intelligence (And Marines at the time) would have access to them. Generic Officer MI Sixty-nine wouldn't have access to that. A Pathfinder, would not have access to that. The only person who springs to mind who would have access to those is Zaiger.

Honestly if what was said is correct, it smells of targeting to me personally, and I wouldn't Personally keep the pk. However, as I said in the shoutbox. If you're brought back, and it will be brought up in the admin meeting all these revocations will be taking place at,  you should explain how your character came back from a firing line to the face.

#JusticeforRedbrick

I’ve been away for the weekend, so this is my first time reading this and my first chance to respond. If also like to preface this by saying I have nothing against Lynch as a player. The issue was with Redbrick.

During the entire Redbrick investigation, I didn’t just randomly drop out of a vent or just appear in a room. Everytime I eavesdropped on her conversations I made sure to enter rooms via doors and remain uncloaked and unobserved. In fact, practically every conversation I listened to, she had in the bar, which is a public place and as such is fitted with surveillance. The only few private conversations I remember her having (considering this was probably at least six months ago now), were in Young’s office and in the barracks, both of which were bugged during the whole mutiny debacle on Larsen’s orders.

Regarding the conversation had in Young’s office, I had been standing outside waiting for the attention of Young regarding Vinera Rose, who I had planned on questioning, listening to the conversation through the glass. I specifically roleplayed pressing my ear up against the glass to listen to what was being said, in full view of at least one other engineer. I wasn’t being sneaky about it. The entire Silent thing falling out of the vent was him being a meme and I reprimanded him for it.

In actuality the majority of the evidence came from witness testimony and psychic evaluation. 

Redbrick had a conversation where she DIRECTLY encouraged desertion of a subordinate, she said that she had reported that several of her troopers were planning to KILL Larsen to Dimov who denied that she had ever spoke to him, which led to the culmination of an ACTIVE MUTINY EVENT and she lied point blank about all of it several times to those investigating.

Those logs regarding Salem grooming her into a scapegoat happened BEFORE he found out the

majority of the above information. He had no idea how deep it actually went. It just made it a lot easier for him when he found out.

23 hours ago, Hicks said:

In fact, practically every conversation I listened to, she had in the bar, which is a public place and as such is fitted with surveillance.

you don't have access to this, as joe had said in the quote below. you didn't then, you don't now, and nobody probably will unless they are an Intel Lead.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, Admyral Joe said:

It has been discussed repeatedly that there ARE cameras in communal areas which would include audio. Communal areas are not inside Officer's rooms, or voyeuristically looking at people in the toilets. But even then. Only Intelligence (And Marines at the time) would have access to them. Generic Officer MI Sixty-nine wouldn't have access to that. A Pathfinder, would not have access to that. The only person who springs to mind who would have access to those is Zaiger.

there.

Regarding the conversation had in Young’s office, I had been standing outside waiting for the attention of Young regarding Vinera Rose, who I had planned on questioning, listening to the conversation through the glass. I specifically roleplayed pressing my ear up against the glass to listen to what was being said, in full view of at least one other engineer.

metagaming via chatrange lol. those glass doors are three things. Bulletproof, blastproof, and most importantly, -soundproof-. they are used in the medbay, engineering bay, and officer's doors.

The only few private conversations I remember her having (considering this was probably at least six months ago now), were in Young’s office and in the barracks, both of which were bugged during the whole mutiny debacle on Larsen’s orders.

yeah, you can't bug officer's offices. even if the general says you can, you can't. you're not the head of intel, good sir.

all in all, please don't do shit like this. it's no bueno

On 7/23/2018 at 2:35 AM, Hicks said:

surveillance

One thing about surveillance is that there is none on the ship you can use if there isn't a prop placed for it. When I was a marine I asked Xalphox about it and he responded with that.

9 hours ago, Coleision said:

you don't have access to this, as joe had said in the quote below. you didn't then, you don't now, and nobody probably will unless they are an Intel Lead.

there.

metagaming via chatrange lol. those glass doors are three things. Bulletproof, blastproof, and most importantly, -soundproof-. they are used in the medbay, engineering bay, and officer's doors.

yeah, you can't bug officer's offices. even if the general says you can, you can't. you're not the head of intel, good sir.

all in all, please don't do shit like this. it's no bueno

My character is an Intelligence Major, not just OSW. Surveillance footage is more accessible than you think. Besides that, OSW is an Intelligence division and I am the leader of it. Would that technically make me an Intelligence lead?

Besides the fact I've never heard the specifics of the glass being discussed, I suppose what you're saying does make sense. However, nothing is ever truly soundproof. Actually, soundproof glass still does transmit sound via vibration. It's difficult to hear, but if you press your ear up against the glass like I said I did, it makes hearing what's going on on the other side of it a lot easier. Bearing in mind that for it to be completely soundproof the glass would have to be over 7" thick. Look at it on the map. It is not that thick.

Give me one good reason why I "can't bug the officers' offices". Intelligence is pretty much supremely powerful in the scheme of things. Bugging an office is trivial.

3 hours ago, Fitz said:

One thing about surveillance is that there is none on the ship you can use if there isn't a prop placed for it. When I was a marine I asked Xalphox about it and he responded with that.

That's news to me and goes against everything that has been roleplayed since day one, not just of this iteration, but of SSTRP itself. There have always been cameras all over the ships and it's become such an obvious and accepted thing that modeling them would seem redundant.

• Hicks was acting under my authority/orders as a General following several, credible IC reports of mutiny and sedition. The reports followed a campaign where several acts of insubordination took place and where there were open talk of rebellion amongst a good portion of the Mobile Infantry following the punishment of Aphelion by Davidson.
  • Intelligence officers can bug officer's quarters or just about anywhere on ship so long as they have proper authority (via rank, either directly, or indirectly where acting on behalf of another officer). Salem is not only an intelligence officer, but a Pathfinder - although unusual in a domestic setting, setting up surveillance is part of his job description and he absolutely would have the necessary skills required to achieve this.
  • The rule that I implemented that stated that there is no surveillance throughout the ship unless a physical prop has been placed was enacted several months after this scenario. New rules are not applied retrospectively.
  • Absent any compelling evidence to the contrary, I will take the word of my staff at face value. If you have evidence that Hicks metagamed this then sure I would be happy to consider this but otherwise I also reject the notion that Hicks is simply lying.
  • I do not accept the suggestion/deux ex machina that he wouldn't have been able to hear thanks to some sort of hitherto unknown special property of the glass.

Considering everything said, I only really have two questions:

Was the situation entirely IC Or was there OOC malice/OOC bullshit-making going on?

Was all of the evidence presented (False or otherwise) entirely IC with no OOC/metagame?

Is the answer is yes to both, it pretty much speaks for itself.

If the answer is no to both, or no to at least one of 'em, I would say that there needs to be some sort of investigation, provided proof can be provided of said OOC malice/OOC evidence bullshittery.

To be revisited once Hicks has provided a copy of the logs - but assuming the logs Hicks has are as definitive as he says they are, this is a tentative no.