Fitz

Composers

4 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Do you think his music would have been better or worse had it not been for Soviet oppression? 

better or worse, hard to say. certainly different. given the chance to fully express himself we would surely have heard some epic pieces, but similarly we might not have the great works we have now. shostakovitch's work stands out to me over say prokofiev or popov, though

Just now, Fitz said:

That's a genre in which I am not versed. 

Probably because the Bolsheviks had nothing to do with it.

Just now, LoadedGun said:

Garage music is just literally - People making an attempt at punk/emo/pop music.

I haven't heard any good punk lately. Any recommendations?

Just now, Heresiarch Grimm said:

I also like Willie Nelson. 

I haven't heard any good punk lately. Any recommendations?

Just now, Fitz said:

I also like Willie Nelson. 

Not a fan, his music reminds me of the original Hannah Barbera Scooby-Doo tracks that would play during the running segments.

Though, everyone has that one country musician they listen to. I'm not really sure who mine is, because it sure as shit ain't Cash.

1 minute ago, radical roach said:

better or worse, hard to say. certainly different. given the chance to fully express himself we would surely have heard some epic pieces, but similarly we might not have the great works we have now. shostakovitch's work stands out to me over say prokofiev or popov, though

I think that's a good way to look at it, I honestly have no idea. It's a fun thing to think about but I am certain there's no answer and anyone who says they have one is pretty high on their own fumes. 

Not a fan, his music reminds me of the original Hannah Barbera Scooby-Doo tracks that would play during the running segments.

Though, everyone has that one country musician they listen to. I'm not really sure who mine is, because it sure as shit ain't Cash.

I like Hank Williams, do you?

2 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

I kinda like the first, not so much the second. When I think punk, I think of The Prodigy and The Misfits. 

Second is awful. I think any country past '75 is usually pretty bad. Have you listened to Hank Williams III? You've probably never heard his music because it's terrible. 

Oh wait this is getting confusing.

1 minute ago, Fitz said:

I like Hank Williams, do you?

Nah. I think I'd have to go with Dolly Parton since, much like most country music, I was forced to like it to avoid the beatings. 9 to 5 is one that I usually find myself listening to alongside Coat of many colours.

1 minute ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

Nah. I think I'd have to go with Dolly Parton since, much like most country music, I was forced to like it to avoid the beatings. 9 to 5 is one that I usually find myself listening to alongside Coat of many colours.

Woody Guthrie? 

He was most certainly a commie, and not country either.

Just now, Fitz said:

Woody Guthrie? 

He was most certainly a commie, and not country either.

Nah, don't know him. Doubt I'll look him up either. Country isn't something I'll go out and discover, much like how grandfathers don't typically try to get up to date on Industrial Metal bands such as Turmion Katilot

Nah, don't know him. Doubt I'll look him up either. Country isn't something I'll go out and discover, much like how grandfathers don't typically try to get up to date on Industrial Metal bands such as Turmion Katilot

bad bait no one will google that

Just now, radical roach said:

bad bait no one will google that

I mean, if you want an example of Turmion Katilot

I'm not expecting anyone to take any of my posts seriously, since this opened with the typical "RUSSIAN COMPOSERS ARE GREAT COMPOSERS" that 90% of meme music threads do.

If anyone was, we might have had a discussion on Klayton and Blue stahli, but we didn't. Instead, this has turned into a typical "What are you listening to" thread.

It derailed itself, effectively since no-one really discussed and just *post*

Pic-122.jpg

2 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

okay jokes on me i like it. i like these german bands but i cant find much substance to them. i cant tell my ramenstain from my turmion kakarots but it's fun to listen to

3 minutes ago, radical roach said:

okay jokes on me i like it. i like these german bands but i cant find much substance to them. i cant tell my ramenstain from my turmion kakarots but it's fun to listen to

Turmion's a Finnish band, hence their different feel. They're usually going for a weird blend of dance and industrial metal, can easier be seen on their most recent songs like Vastanaineet and Dance Panique

Also if the videos don't point it out enough, Turmion Katilot really don't care what they do as long as they have fun. Hence everything being so fucking weird.