Sign in to follow this  
saiphun987

A suggestions to replace Chickenhawk?

Well as far as I'm concerned that we have tons of problems with current Chickenhawk mech for Marauders. Should we replace with this one? I just wanna hear an overall opinion on this mech.  Myself would absolutely recommended it but as it would be VERY VERY OP as it have several weapons and deflector shields. If we really need to replace it we might need to work on the lore and alot of stuff. What are you guys thoughts?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=thai&id=142230583

9 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

the problem isnt the chickenhawk its the absurd amount of lag they cause

adding yet another workshop addon isn't gonna help it

The problem with the mod you have for the chickenhawk is the lag, I dunno about this. 

11 minutes ago, saiphun987 said:

Well as far as I'm concerned that we have tons of problems with current Chickenhawk mech for Marauders. Should we replace with this one? I just wanna hear an overall opinion on this mech.  Myself would absolutely recommended it but as it would be VERY VERY OP as it have several weapons and deflector shields. If we really need to replace it we might need to work on the lore and alot of stuff. What are you guys thoughts?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=thai&id=142230583

Test it out on some server somewhere and tell us how much lag it makes if you spawn ten of them.

Just now, Fitz said:

The problem with the mod you have for the chickenhawk is the lag, I dunno about this. 

Test it out on some server somewhere and tell us how much lag it makes if you spawn ten of them.

I'll give it a try then. I'll post a results afterwards. I'll try to test on map that we actually host events on it.

Test 1 with bugs. RESULTS: Bugs melee damages doesn't do anything. Except for some projectiles that it sent to my mech but the shield soak up all the damage. [Which it is very low damage.] 
Test 2 with combine NPCs and testing out various weapons it have avaliable. RESULTS: It works just like what it was intended. There's 7 types of weapons this mech have. 1. Missile 2. Grenade Launcher. 3. Missile storm.[Unleashes ten missiles at the area of effects the crosshair points to. 4. Turrets [AKA Minigun with a high rate of fire and high risk of over heat] 5.Screamer [A orb like ball fired to the area. Electrified the targets and detonates.] 6.Grav Probe. [Just a gravity orb that fired at the area and it will suck everything into it. No damage to NPCs overall.] 7. Laser [Highly concentrated 1 shot laser that would 1 hit kill any targets.]
Test 3 testing deflecting shields, Movement and Jump jet. RESULTS:  Working as it is intended. MOVEMENT are a little too buggy but nothing major as it continues to walk along the terrains. Might have a problems on different terrains like mountain et cetera. JUMP JET have limited fuel and time for it to fully regenerate the ability to activate again. The heights would be around 2 - 3 stories building heights. DEFLECTOR SHIELDS main features for this thing. It can deflect bugs spit, Rockets except for the kinetic rounds. It can be damaged and can be disabled for a certain period of times. During this time Hull would soak up the damages and will eventually breaks or destroyed if it is too heavily damaged.
CONCLUSIONS: This is just a quick tests. Overall it still works as it is intended. No crashes no lags as I spawn 10 of them. With buggos or Combine NPCs. All of the screenshots can be view here.  https://steamcommunity.com/id/Yaoiftw/screenshots/

The problem with testing it in singleplayer is not only do you not have the same bugs the server has. (Different NPC base.) You don't have the added strain of 19+ other people, prop lag, PAC lag, and the likes. Not to mention the potential lag the mech might cause when the Arachnids sprint into it. If you didn't know, they like to clip through props / the world sometimes, and I can't imagine a bug-i-pede running through a mech would fair well.

Just now, Tony said:

The problem with testing it in singleplayer is not only do you not have the same bugs the server has. (Different NPC base.) You don't have the added strain of 19+ other people, prop lag, PAC lag, and the likes. Not to mention the potential lag the mech might cause when the Arachnids sprint into it. If you didn't know, they like to clip through props / the world sometimes, and I can't imagine a bug-i-pede running through a mech would fair well.

Hmm yeah agreed with you. Although this is just a quick test it still needs to be fully tested in multiplayers server. Can't do those types of testing though but why we don't just add it into the server? A trial run I would call it.

It could easily be added to the PFO server and tested. Problem is I dono how the upper management goys feel about it. Afterall what's the point of mounting and testing something if it's not something the Marauders want to use in the first place?

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It could easily be added to the PFO server and tested. Problem is I dono how the upper management goys feel about it. Afterall what's the point of mounting and testing something if it's not something the Marauders want to use in the first place?

True that. Just gotta wait and see how they would think about it. Afterall it is very very interesting pieces of addons. And could easily be replaced Chickenhawk current entities [I've never tested or seen it in actions before.]

thats because i'm the only one who was assed to use them, or bring them in, or who came up with the idea of using these shitfucks in the first place - at least in this iteration - and i don't use them anymore, because their usage was discontinued because not only do they lag, but they're hard to control at times and can flip over easily 

20 minutes ago, Archer said:

thats because i'm the only one who was assed to use them, or bring them in, or who came up with the idea of using these shitfucks in the first place - at least in this iteration - and i don't use them anymore, because their usage was discontinued because not only do they lag, but they're hard to control at times and can flip over easily 

You've tried this mod in particular?

no, i was considering it but i decided not to for the reason i can't remember

probably because it looked different on the addon page than it looks ingame, and i can't afford to waste an hour to load into SP for an addon i'm gonna discard

We've used the Combine Mech before. It's unbearably laggy. It's never worked before and I highly doubt it'll work now.

This bad boy is old news. It gets stuck easily and is prone to flipping over on a dime. It would be a pain in the ass for the admins running the event to have to come and respawn it for you every few minutes, especially if there aren't very many auxiliary staff on who aren't actually running the event.