StevieJr

[TRASHED] Reversal for Sunday

your entire case is based upon the fact that xalphox has given you the grace of roleplaying your character's death. he offered you a little fingernail and you're now trying to take his entire arm

2 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

your entire case is based upon the fact that xalphox has given you the grace of roleplaying your character's death. he offered you a little fingernail and you're now trying to take his entire arm

That's pretty much what I just cased off of SW if you read into it more. Or recently added onto my case, anyways. I've already been told this by Optic anyways.

You also missed the part where I said PKs are PKs and should be taken with grace. 

I have had several PKs that could have been reversed, had I appealed. But I didn't because a PK is a PK. 

I'm never jealous if someone is issued a reversal because I don't wish to bring any of my characters back. As I said when we chatted, the entire server believes and had RPd that PKd character's death. When they are reversed, you are destroying hours of RP for others. 

7 minutes ago, HazyDay said:

You also missed the part where I said PKs are PKs and should be taken with grace. 

I have had several PKs that could have been reversed, had I appealed. But I didn't because a PK is a PK. 

I'm never jealous if someone is issued a reversal because I don't wish to bring any of my characters back. As I said when we chatted, the entire server believes and had RPd that PKd character's death. When they are reversed, you are destroying hours of RP for others. 

I already addressed this by telling people he was still alive after his PK (When I got the 24/hrs to live) And people took it ICly properly and didn't seem to have any serious doubts, they came to visit him and everything. That's another reason I am trying to do this right after his PK, so people don't already have time for depressed RP. I'm keeping people as up to date with all this stuff as possible.

And sorry I am not taking this with too much grace. I did at first glance and thought I would handle it but realized how attached to the character I am and how shitty I felt afterwards. I guess it is just how I am with my roleplays, we all act differently to these things. But I am trying to leave emotions out of my appeal and use facts.

1) you're saying Chevosky has survived it this far with the bullet up to his brain. that was only a grace period to roleplay your death though?

2) the medics did nothing because it was just that, a period for you to roleplay the character's death

3) you've kept him alive despite being given a 24 hour deadline (lol dead line)

4) it may be 2298 but a bullet in the face is still a bullet in the face

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=1adZW7fNLcT8sQHwvZ24AQ&q=bullet+wound+head&oq=bullet+wound+head&gs_l=img.3...4954.5539.0.5789.4.4.0.0.0.0.144.277.0j2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.img..2.1.142...0i19k1j0i8i30i19k1.0.uwwb-g5ZXPo#imgrc=Tsmsjknkkw85rM:

enjoy those pictures that aren't shitty halloween makeup

5) you're comparing something xalphox did (letting hughes get off by rolling a 2) with something medic did (kill you for rolling a 1). PKs are at the discretion of the mission runner though

8 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

1) you're saying Chevosky has survived it this far with the bullet up to his brain. that was only a grace period to roleplay your death though?

2) the medics did nothing because it was just that, a period for you to roleplay the character's death

3) you've kept him alive despite being given a 24 hour deadline (lol dead line)

4) it may be 2298 but a bullet in the face is still a bullet in the face

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=1adZW7fNLcT8sQHwvZ24AQ&q=bullet+wound+head&oq=bullet+wound+head&gs_l=img.3...4954.5539.0.5789.4.4.0.0.0.0.144.277.0j2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.img..2.1.142...0i19k1j0i8i30i19k1.0.uwwb-g5ZXPo#imgrc=Tsmsjknkkw85rM:

enjoy those pictures that aren't shitty halloween makeup

5) you're comparing something xalphox did (letting hughes get off by rolling a 2) with something medic did (kill you for rolling a 1). PKs are at the discretion of the mission runner though

I kept him Alive due to IC reasons, but I am not playing him. I stopped playing him at the 24/hr deadline BUT ICly he is in a 'coma' until it is either reversed or not. If you read through it. So technically he is still PK'd since he is in the hall of remembrance and shit.

And at the discretion of the mission runner. MEDIC SAID to try and appeal it. So that's what I am trying to do.

I did still follow Xal's deadline. Regardless.

And the bullet to the face part is also argued with the steam conversation I shared. And I imagine skulls can be repaired if bio-technology and cellular regeneration exists.

"I generally don't like instant PKs unless they have been requested - so as a small consolation, you can have 24 hours to roleplay a slow death (and bring a fitting and satisfying conclusion to your character) if you want to." - Xalphalox, Monday, March 23rd, 01:53AM http://sstrp.net/index.php?/topic/1807-pk-appealquestion/

If I understood it right, Xal gave you 24hrs~ to give Chevosky an actual death because you got wasted at like, 8am and hardly anybody was around for it. I think Excellente is right; a bullet to the brain is a bullet to the brain. And, while I won't argue the the technology could exist to save him, it's unlikely that the Federation would spend the money on something so insignificant during a massive crisis - not to mention that the operation likely couldn't be done on the Grant. Taking that into account with recovery times, Chevosky likely wouldn't be around for years, nor would he be fit for combat service afterwards.

Besides, we all fire .308. In anything even remotely close to a real world situation -- Chevosky wouldn't have a head any more.

a bullet to the brain, 'left side of the body unable to move', potential recovery which may never happen would get you discharged or transferred out, so it's still a PK

i had a character that lost his legs to a mine and spent two ooc months training enlisted as head of weapon specializations in a wheelchair - but that only happened because he didn't get BTs outright - a lot of officers and other MI lost their limbs during the campaign that took place a day or two before he lost the legs, so it was a long line for BTs ahead of this particular snowflake. what i'm saying is, the biotechs were guaranteed, he only had to wait, and that's why he wasn't PK'd outright. your case is much more complicated because the character recieved brain damage, i doubt it's repairable. 200+ years in the future, so what? the universe is written that way that the federation isn't that much technologically advanced, future or not. 

The morita fires 308. .308 would overpenetrate ballistic goggles as well as your skull so hard that it would be a clean in and out. This is lucky for you, because if it fragmented like Optics suggested, the entirety of your head would be mush -- except it's a 308, so the entirety of your head is mush anyways, point moot.

Xal gave you the grace of living for an extra day. The reason I disagreed with it though - though chose not to contest it because I know how much the character means to you - is because we would have just put you in the nanotank and you would have been A-OK the next day. A very drastic oversight that we have really no IC explanation for on our medics, but we did it anyways because 'muh roleplay' and we didn't want to shit on you. I think that un PKing yourself would be a huge 'fuck you' and a slap in the face to other people who haven't had the opportunities you had. There are very few people who get to roleplay dying in the medbay, and you were one of them.

Secondly, you would probably just be medically discharged as a result of being combat ineffective in a combat unit, since only half of your body works, which would be a PK anyways.

Edit: The more I read into this, the more I agree with Hazy's statement. The entire premise of staying alive for the extra day looks more like an excuse to write this without having to void anything, like a really cheap cop out of all the effort your friends put into mourning your character; Only for you to come and go DOOR TO HEAVEN STUCK, GOTCHA' SON.

Hughes' PKs wouldn't have stood up to my own guidelines. Death was near predetermined, and actually SST technology like biotanks would likely cure radiation sickness, especially given how quickly he was treated.

As I said in my post on your appeal, the only reason you were granted a full day was because the point was to give you the OOC time to roleplay death, and when I granted that small mercy, it was in the early hours of the morning when nobody was ingame. If it had occurred at peak time then I would have given you an hour or less. 

I for one am FOR this reversal.

Like it or not, everyone has RPed he's been alive and it's generally accepted he's in a coma awaiting surgery.

Had it been even just an hour, that shows chance of survival considering a bullet lodged itself in his head, not something you usually survive for even a couple of seconds.

At this point realistically speaking, he has a chance for survival. But if you all want to throw that out of the window, then so be it. But it wouldn't be fair.

Also @HazyDay We didn't RP he died, we RPed he lived and was admitted to the medbay and is now in a coma. He was shot in the head and survived while on ship, getting immediate professional medical help well within ten minutes. That's very different from "oh everyone RPed him getting torn into pieces by a bug while on a drop"

3 minutes ago, Jun Nagase said:

Like it or not, everyone has RPed he's been alive and it's generally accepted he's in a coma awaiting surgery.

Had it been even just an hour, that shows chance of survival considering a bullet lodged itself in his head, not something you usually survive for even a couple of seconds.

At this point realistically speaking, he has a chance for survival. But if you all want to throw that out of the window, then so be it. But it wouldn't be fair.

Also @HazyDay We didn't RP he died, we RPed he lived and was admitted to the medbay and is now in a coma. He was shot in the head and survived while on ship, getting immediate professional medical help well within ten minutes. That's very different from "oh everyone RPed him getting torn into pieces by a bug while on a drop"

The niBBa is straight dead, or well - More or less a god damn veggie. Point, moot.

6 minutes ago, LoadedGun said:

The niBBa is straight dead, or well - More or less a god damn veggie. Point, moot.

He isnt dead. Obviously. But I did make his left side paralyzed. People keep making the same points. But muh .308. Yeah its 7.62. But I also made the point of where his ballistic goggles could have effected the impact because my character wears ballistic goggles on every drop and is something you can see on his PAC. Especially depending on where it hit him. That would be on the edge of the goggle. Not the plastic part it would have slowed down the bullet itself.

3 hours ago, Xalphox said:

Hughes' PKs wouldn't have stood up to my own guidelines. Death was near predetermined, and actually SST technology like biotanks would likely cure radiation sickness, especially given how quickly he was treated.

As I said in my post on your appeal, the only reason you were granted a full day was because the point was to give you the OOC time to roleplay death, and when I granted that small mercy, it was in the early hours of the morning when nobody was ingame. If it had occurred at peak time then I would have given you an hour or less. 

Chev was on-ship about 500 feet from the med-bay. At this point Xal I dont care about the number I rolled because I've seen numerous players supposed to die and they did not. At this point I think it is up to medic. The one who issued the PK to decide. Also about the whole .308 shot. I've seen people survive way worse things and get through to see another day. I've seen logic broken 100 times on my time on this server, so dont tell me that he cannot survive a bullet in his head.

8 hours ago, Whiplash said:

"I generally don't like instant PKs unless they have been requested - so as a small consolation, you can have 24 hours to roleplay a slow death (and bring a fitting and satisfying conclusion to your character) if you want to." - Xalphalox, Monday, March 23rd, 01:53AM http://sstrp.net/index.php?/topic/1807-pk-appealquestion/

If I understood it right, Xal gave you 24hrs~ to give Chevosky an actual death because you got wasted at like, 8am and hardly anybody was around for it. I think Excellente is right; a bullet to the brain is a bullet to the brain. And, while I won't argue the the technology could exist to save him, it's unlikely that the Federation would spend the money on something so insignificant during a massive crisis - not to mention that the operation likely couldn't be done on the Grant. Taking that into account with recovery times, Chevosky likely wouldn't be around for years, nor would he be fit for combat service afterwards.

Besides, we all fire .308. In anything even remotely close to a real world situation -- Chevosky wouldn't have a head any more.

If the federation wastes resources on a petty village in the middle of buttfucknowhere City. Then I doubt they would not try and save my character. Besides my character Is already being tested on with combat drugs in the past that have allowed him to heal faster, or whatever the fuck they do to him. I was never told the full details. For more info ask (Orwell).

31 minutes ago, Jun Nagase said:

@Xalphox gave him 24 hours to RP the PK. 

As far as I'm concerned, that was gracious and he's PKd. He wasn't given the time to RP living.

Just now, StevieJr said:

If the federation wastes resources on a petty village in the middle of buttfucknowhere City

the federation is portrayed differently by each admin, it depends on the event they want to run

1 minute ago, StevieJr said:

Then I doubt they would not try and save my character.

perhaps they would, doesn't mean you'd still remain in this unit - which is still a PK

2 minutes ago, StevieJr said:

Besides my character Is already being tested on with combat drugs in the past that have allowed him to heal faster.

rephrase it, think i got what you mean a little bit wrong, still sounds like bullshit

@Orwell???????

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

the federation is portrayed differently by each admin, it depends on the event they want to run

perhaps they would, doesn't mean you'd still remain in this unit - which is still a PK

rephrase it, think i got what you mean a little bit wrong, still sounds like bullshit

@Orwell???????

He was being tested on by combat drugs and shit ICly in the past. Though Orwell being inactive recently.

Leave the PK as it is. Xal was kind enough to give you a chance to RP your character dying. You rolled a 1, you died. It's how the rules go. Sure, some people have rolled 1-5 and have not been PK'd, that's simply because the admins don't want to kill someone. However, ballistic goggles or not, you took a .308 round "between the eyes" The goggles would not stop a bullet. The bullet might shatter, but that just means you have dozens of chunks of a bullet scattered around the front of your brain. That's even worse. 

It's easy to say "Oh the Medics could perform surgery" okay, yes, they've tried to perform surgery and they failed. Complications arose during the procedure and Chevosky did not survive the surgery. 

I think it's pretty clear the odds are against me immensely. I give up on trying defend Chevosky's death. I hope you are all satisfied with how he died and take it ICly. He died during the surgery.

Life support was never raised. I'm saying he would have been alive, on life support. Then, once he fell into his coma Doctors began to act, taking him to surgery. He was kept alive and stable for 24 hours because Doctors KNEW that the surgery he would need to survive a 7.62 bullet scattered IN HIS BRAIN is a risky procedure. Chances of surviving this would be, say, 5%. Doctors knew this and offered Chevosky some time to say his goodbyes before his surgery. Then he goes to his surgery after 24 hours and he dies in surgery. 

I'm offering a way for him to have survived for 24 hours. 

He was ICly half paralyzed by the bullet, as Chevosky said. If you want to reverse the PK and say Chevosky survived, I highly doubt he would stay in the 112th and would probably be discharged. due to the long term effects of having a bullet in your brain and paralysis in half the body. Along with the stutter and slurred words. Not fit for a front line combat heavy platoon.