Deckers

Don't be afraid --

To create roleplay,

Although you are players, you have just as much ability to create interesting and unique situations on the ship for people while there's no mission being conducted. I specifically remember a Ms.Poptart, who may be a bad example to some, but the one thing they did do right was create unique situations to spur passive amongst the ship.

Administrators have the job of ensuring that passive and missions are enjoyable, sure. However, I think it takes the entire servers focus to help out and ensure that the spirit of the roleplay is kept alive-- it's not a one man job. "But Deckers, there's 30 admins" that may be so, but like I said, to keep the spirit of the roleplay alive it takes a little help from everyone.

Some ideas are to create teamwork building trainings, a group of NCOs came up with the idea of having Marauders carry Troopers while blindfolded and the Trooper had to guide them to the other end.

Tiny passive parties on the ship such as birthdays, celebrations, etc.

Fleet can go about repairing certain sections of the ship, closing off sections.

In all, it takes the creativity of the entire server to get something going for everyone to have fun. Now, this doesn't mean EVERYONE do something at one time where it overlaps someone elses idea. I'm just trying to put it in everyone's head that the roleplay isn't sparked just by administrators and that the players should not be afraid to pitch in.

• Winner 1

the least entertaining, though. it only creates 'roleplay' for marines. marines aren't the faction we should nurture in that sense.

a decent, albeit repetitive example is cooking food. not because you want to show yourself as the 'caring' person in your chase for promotion, but because there's an IC reason for that. the reason is, fleet only crews and maintains the ships. they don't babysit the MI. MI platoons are self-sustaining, which means they cook food themselves, for themselves - there're no 'magical hot beautiful fleet food technicians', fleet doesn't give two fucks. if you were a barber as a civillian, give people regulation haircuts. tattoo masters, janitors, cooks, guitar players, plumbers, sauna workers - any of those will find a place on the server if you and NCOs be a little creative. bartenders are MI too, ravio fights like everyone else - you could probably be one. you took karate courses in highschool? chances are you were probably helping your drill sergeants to train recruits in boot, look at shujumi in the book - you'll probably be allowed to run cqc trainings for some people. consult your platoon leader or his XO ICly and he'll distribute your daily or overall tasks. it's how the MI does it, everyone does their part, be it in the fight or not. everyone has a place. 

a little creativity is all it takes.

i pass my passive time on server by erping. creating accidents can also create some good rp scenarios so long as you aren't stupid or unrealistic w it. accidentally starting small fires attempting to use equipment like the microwave or stove is fun, also weapons malfunctions during training, or body injuries like tendon or joint problems if u don't mind temporarily injuring your character. don't take it to an extreme tho like killing someone the way rico did during the live fire training accident UNLESS u have a volunteer who is prepared to kill/maim a character and you are prepared for ur char to face the legal and moral consequences

3 minutes ago, radical roach said:

i am 300% down for this to happen

We just need a few two billion pound suits and worthy Infantry to compete for the trophy of best suit rider.

15 minutes ago, Appetite Ruining Kebab said:

*2 days later*

*new thread in the marauders subforum*

"Marauders and Jousting."

Mostly a joke, an alternative's in the works currently by Franco. Give some time.

nah nah nah

first we gotta work on heraldry and shit

we cant just start jousting out of the blue

needs set up

** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing now cares a talon sword
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing throuse the talon down
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing pick up the talon agin
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing lookes throu some suplies
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing found a rod and duck tape and glue
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing make a talon sword out of the suplies he found
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing carres the sword into the drop ship as a suvener from this planet
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing shealths his new wepon
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing hase a sheth talon sword since his injery prevents him using his gun for now

9 hours ago, radical roach said:

** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing now cares a talon sword
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing throuse the talon down
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing pick up the talon agin
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing lookes throu some suplies
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing found a rod and duck tape and glue
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing make a talon sword out of the suplies he found
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing carres the sword into the drop ship as a suvener from this planet
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing shealths his new wepon
** Pvt. Memphis C. Rushing hase a sheth talon sword since his injery prevents him using his gun for now

This. We need marauder jousting with talon swords

trick an admin into giving you a toolgun/physgun and prop surf in the stairwell, then PAC a gman balloon head on yourself and run in circles, people will appreciate the RP effort

You see what you do is go into the armory, okay? And you grab a Morita Mark Four rifle and walk out and start walking around. NOT LOADED of course. Sadly.  And you start pointing it at people and do /advert Mugging, drop 600 pounds or die! Look towards me is KOS. Pulling out a gun is KOS.. And if they turn around and gun you down you simply do /report Rdm and Fear RP fail on (So and so), then the admins ban the man. This is how we dwindle down the passive RP guys. Come on!

Nah, but really. My passive RP consists of walking up and down the stairs multiple times until I hear,"We need a Marine.", so. Break the law more plz.

I'm seeing a bit of create more passive for me, here. The point of the thread is for you to try and create your own passive.

Nier, use your marine and do barrack inspections, use your marine to do what a marine should be doing outside of just waiting for the law to be broken.