Sign in to follow this  
Troy Hughes

Injury appeal

Was told to make this appeal. So I wasn't doing anything heroic or stupid as we were fighting bugs on a Cipher drop. He decides to come in with his firefly and kills me and Donovan. Without being asked to roll, he gave me the injury of my leg partly being melted off from the fire. There was really no cover what so ever, completely out in the open.

My section had lit up that Firefly on two of it's previous runs with nothing happening to it. I was also evented without a roll after bugs were picked up from cover and dropped ontop of me. I had explained in LOOC that I had about 1/3 of my health from M55 splash damage from an engagement with a Tanker prior, but nothing came of it.

@Cipher @Troy Hughes

I'll be handling the appeal from here. 

First off let me state rolls are not mandatory for an admin to distribute wounds, however as Xal states they are heavily advised.

Second, I will say that wounds involving limbs being torn to shreds or decimated should be limited to avoid the happenstance that their character is PKed due to inability to obtain a BT or a TK till they obtain the BT. Long story short, limb removal is a bummer to most characters as they're stuck waiting for a bit.

1. What were circumstances pertaining to wound? (You say there were no heroics, but is there something to back it up?)

2. Were the Arachnids used to handle wound NPCs or admin controlled? 

1: I was standing right next to Donovan. We were on the wall, as we were getting some bugs. When Cipher just came in with his royal and killed us near our entire group. We weren't even shooting if I remember correctly, I think there was a small lull in the assault.

2: If you are asking was it a NPC or Admin, it was an admin, Cipher I'm almost certain it is. I don't have access to logs, but I'm almost certain it was an admin.

@Deckers

Alright, To add my side, which @Scar can attest to at this time, 

1. I simply sprayed randomly not aimming to kill anyone, At the time it came down, You were out of cover when a firefly had been event'd being buzzed in, Fair warning was given with the /event which I believed to be enough warning.

2. The roll system for injury was changed after I announced at the begining of the drop where I stated, Do not roll until I ask you too, As I had decided to do injury's based upon situation.

3. It comes down to the fact as you stated, The situation "There was really no cover what so ever, completely out in the open." And when a firefly comes over, Thats VERY bad for your average Mobile Infantier.

3 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Alright, To add my side, which @Scar can attest to at this time, 

1. I simply sprayed randomly not aimming to kill anyone, At the time it came down, You were out of cover when a firefly had been event'd being buzzed in, Fair warning was given with the /event which I believed to be enough warning.

2. The roll system for injury was changed after I announced at the begining of the drop where I stated, Do not roll until I ask you too, As I had decided to do injury's based upon situation.

3. It comes down to the fact as you stated, The situation "There was really no cover what so ever, completely out in the open." And when a firefly comes over, Thats VERY bad for your average Mobile Infantier.

You say just said I was out of cover, because there was no cover. Hardly any so how can I get into cover if there is none to get to.

3 minutes ago, Troy Hughes said:

You say just said I was out of cover, because there was no cover. Hardly any so how can I get into cover if there is none to get to.

Exactly, Thats how situation had got you that injury, Due to the fact your droplead and squadlead stationed you at a position without any cover, Resulting your injury.

Just now, Cipher said:

Exactly, Thats how situation had got you that injury, Due to the fact your droplead and squadlead stationed you at a position without any cover, Resulting your injury.

Cipher, there wasn't any cover anywhere. You put us there