Fitz

Warning Appeal

Hello I received a warning for posting on this thread:

It was for spamming, but I only did it because I know when you post something in someone's old bio they tend to update it, which is what my intention was.

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Local Marauder Raped by Gravity
:
1:15 AM
why
why would you necro that thread
♥ Fitz 女装大佬
:
LOL
:
i am now morally obliged to make a new fucking addition to it
1:16 AM
regardless of how much i dont want to
♥ Fitz 女装大佬
:
1:16 AM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
I am powerful
:
1:17 AM
you motherfucker

Not spamming to me, if it was something, it was for a necro, and that would be justified I suppose, even if it was a joke and didn't result in any malice between me and him.

If the warning is just for posting a lot, and it just happened to be pinned onto this, I don't see how that's spamming. I don't think it would be worth it for anyone to necro and old thread for one post count, in this case I just wanted to see him continue the story because it's a good story. 

As for the other things I'd posted that night, I wouldn't see how any of it could be considered spam. 

Anyhow, the warning probably won't be removed, but could it be changed to necro instead of spam at the very least please? 

You do very well know what you received that warning for. I don't understand why you would argue in favour of necroing; either of them [spamming or posting in old threads] are useless messages. I fail to see the difference there in terms of actual, useful contributions to a social exchange.

You should upda-- 

Nevermind I didn't post here, carry on.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. If you really wanted him to continue the story, you could have either PM'd him or wrote something such as "This was a great story and your character exists again, mind extending it further?". You clearly weren't nudging someone to update their bio as the entire thread is just a story? If at all, this was a "update your personal relationships with my character"-meme and therefore useless [ie. spamming] in such a thread.

I think post moderation is just the right measure to make you re-think hitting the reply button.

13 hours ago, El Excellente said:

You do very well know what you received that warning for. I don't understand why you would argue in favour of necroing; either of them [spamming or posting in old threads] are useless messages. I fail to see the difference there in terms of actual, useful contributions to a social exchange.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. If you really wanted him to continue the story, you could have either PM'd him or wrote something such as "This was a great story and your character exists again, mind extending it further?". You clearly weren't nudging someone to update their bio as the entire thread is just a story? If at all, this was a "update your personal relationships with my character"-meme and therefore useless [ie. spamming] in such a thread.

I think post moderation is just the right measure to make you re-think hitting the reply button.

The point of the reply was, by posting it I made absolutely sure he would actually have to update it, and I was right, he updated it because I posted on it.

I also believe that players will be more likely to update their different characters' biographies after another player shows interest in what they've created.

The warning ends on the 7th.  You'll survive through this.

For those interested, the Character Biography forums have had their content counts disabled for all future posts.  Egos are stroked there enough already, no need to allow things to get out of hand.