saiphun987

EOD suit can we implemented it?

As the title said. I've never seen it used before on this server not even once.(I mean the EOD suit inside J.I. Defense Solutions.) I'm curious if we can implemented it somehow? Maybe just a substitutions for Marauders when there's none of them on? If droplead could assign someone to wear it during the drops? Mine I think it should be implemented as some sort of substitutions for the Marauders to be used in urban areas or against Human hostiles.(And it is more cheaper than multi million 1 ton beast suit and it's prone for ditching and getting in the area where it can't enter.) As it is less effectives against arachnids.(It can withstand a certain amounts of fire but not enough to make it godlike invulnerable. Not sure about the bugs though.) It could be another solutions for Engineers to defuse some explosive stuff.But I can see it might be hard to spawn the suit everytimes the operators died maybe just issues them only one per drop or squad? So what's your ideas and thoughts?

31 minutes ago, saiphun987 said:

As the title said. I've never seen it used before on this server not even once.(I mean the EOD suit inside J.I. Defense Solutions.) I'm curious if we can implemented it somehow? Maybe just a substitutions for Marauders when there's none of them on? If droplead could assign someone to wear it during the drops? Mine I think it should be implemented as some sort of substitutions for the Marauders to be used in urban areas or against Human hostiles.(And it is more cheaper than multi million 1 ton beast suit and it's prone for ditching and getting in the area where it can't enter.) As it is less effectives against arachnids.(It can withstand a certain amounts of fire but not enough to make it godlike invulnerable. Not sure about the bugs though.) It could be another solutions for Engineers to defuse some explosive stuff.But I can see it might be hard to spawn the suit everytimes the operators died maybe just issues them only one per drop or squad? So what's your ideas and thoughts?

That's what EOD suits are for, disposing ordinance. It's not for fighting as it's too cumbersome  and just makes you a slow moving target, unlike marauders. Marauders actually have protection. The EOD suit is really built for a blast, not constantly being shot at.

1 hour ago, saiphun987 said:

good idea but a bomb suit is probably less effective at keeping you safe from bullets than our armour. they use soft kevlar and foam to protect against the pressure of a blast and from shrapnel. body armour i think is ceramic plating designed specifically to break up the bullet and spread the impact force across the whole vest. they serve very different purposes. eod suits aren't really practical for fighting in because they are 70+ lbs and restrict mobility and vision severely, whereas the marauders you think they could replace in a pinch are actually purpose-built power armour suits for fighting

Engineering supposedly has EOD suits, but I have yet to use one because our protocol on IEDs is varied. I believe the way the military does it now is they use a small EOD robot to try and diffuse/detonate in place. The robot is so they don't risk trained technicians. Suiting up and going down range should always be the last option. (Take this with a grain of salt.)

the engineers already have an EOD suit, and outside of specialized munitions work, they really aren't that useful.

3 hours ago, Zeppy said:

Engineering supposedly has EOD suits, but I have yet to use one because our protocol on IEDs is varied. I believe the way the military does it now is they use a small EOD robot to try and diffuse/detonate in place. The robot is so they don't risk trained technicians. Suiting up and going down range should always be the last option. (Take this with a grain of salt.)

This. I was really interesting in being an 89d (Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technician) in the Army, they said that the last option is the suit. In most cases you just shoot the IED.

Regardless, an EOD suit is typically 100-120lbs and is designed to absorb the shock wave and shrapnel of an explosion. It isn't necessarily the best method, but it's easy enough to produce and cheap enough to maintain that the US military keeps them around. The last thing you will ever see anybody in a EOD suit do -- regardless of what The Hurt Locker tells you -- is fight. Heat stress and fatigue are killers in the suit, ontop of the fact it's probably 3/4 of the operator's weight and bulky as fuck. Plus, you'd get roasted alive if you get hit by plasma because they take forever to get off.

8 minutes ago, Rook said:

The EOD model in JI is broken. You just T-pose.

Safety stance*

3 hours ago, Whiplash said:

This. I was really interesting in being an 89d (Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technician) in the Army, they said that the last option is the suit. In most cases you just shoot the IED.

Regardless, an EOD suit is typically 100-120lbs and is designed to absorb the shock wave and shrapnel of an explosion. It isn't necessarily the best method, but it's easy enough to produce and cheap enough to maintain that the US military keeps them around. The last thing you will ever see anybody in a EOD suit do -- regardless of what The Hurt Locker tells you -- is fight. Heat stress and fatigue are killers in the suit, ontop of the fact it's probably 3/4 of the operator's weight and bulky as fuck. Plus, you'd get roasted alive if you get hit by plasma because they take forever to get off.

Is actually easy to get off the suit. Here take a look. 

1 hour ago, Rook said:

The EOD model in JI is broken. You just T-pose.

Is not broken actually I've tried EOD suit on during one of my CQC simulations it worked just fine. I know is not Ideal to go against bullets but still it can withstand them. Except for the shotgun of course it is easy to get kill by it lol.

6 hours ago, Zeppy said:

To be honest I've never ever ever seen them been used at all.(On our server of course.) Most of the time is our engineers that risk their life to defused it. But if we can find EOD robot or just a model of it to defused it for us then that's gotta be a great Idea. As you mention I've agreed with you that EOD suit should be the last option when we can't deploy the robot onto the field et cetera.