Sign in to follow this  
Xalphox

Operation ηelios - Fri Aug 24th 9:00 BST to Sun Aug 26th.

stlogo2.jpg.jpg

CARMEN ORTIZ, GOVERNOR OF ISKANDER, FORMALLY CONFIRMED

AS 56TH SKY MARSHAL AT FIRST MEETING

OF FEDERAL COUNCIL SINCE CIVIL WAR.

fabf76c9-c35d-4ce7-b14a-8e458771baa1_scrCarmen Ortiz, the former Fleet Admiral, governor of Iskander, and figurehead of the Coalition during the Civil War, has been unanimously confirmed as Sky Marshal by the Federal Council, receiving the backing of not only her party but also the major opposition parties, at the first convening of the Federal Council since the fall of Terra.

SM Ortiz:

Thank you. I am truly humbled by this great honour, convened on this great day, by this great council of men and women, of whom hail from all corners of this great Federation.

The loss of Earth and the internal strife that has ensued has hit everyone hard: from the ruins of Faraway to the farms of Iskander; there is sparsely anyone who has not lost a mother, or a father, or a son, or daughter, or in some terrible cases a combination of the above, to this civil war that has very nearly consumed us.

Note that when I speak of the civil war, I speak in the present tense. For whilst active hostilities have ceased, fractures remain in the foundations of our society, and until those are repaired, the civil war can only said to be temporarily suspended, not concluded. As the victors, we have a responsibility to the defeated - on the whole, men and women who dutifully fought for what they thought was right, proper, in many occasions what they thought was the Federation. Thus, effective immediately, I am offering a general amnesty to those who fought against us, except where other crimes were committed, should they swear their allegiance to the Federation and this great council, and agree to enlist or re-enlist with the federal armed services for no less than a two year term.

During the campaign, I promised that we would retake Earth whatever the cost, and that is precisely what I intend to do. As we speak, the groundwork is being laid for a prolonged operation to retake our homeworld - with ships assembling from across the galaxy to form the largest armada in the history of the human race, ranging from the largest of warships to small re-purposed pleasure yachts.

We will drive the Progenitors from our shores, our planet, indeed from our very galaxy, back into the dark void whence they came. No sacrifice too great, no challenge too difficult... we will anoint our new Federation with the blood and viscera of our enemies. 

Schedule

Aug. 21 at 2100 BST/1600 EST: Briefing

Aug. 21-26: Duration of the operation (aka all missions this week will relate to this)

Fri Aug. 24-26: The main 3-day campaign

stlogo2.jpg.jpg

MILKY WAY UNITES AGAINST PROGENITOR THREAT

latest?cb=20110710022209

It has emerged today that humanity has an unlikely ally in its offensive against the Progenitor threat: the Arachnid and Skinnie empires. 

As Federal forces make headway into reclaiming the solar system, the arachnids and the skinnies have launched simultaneous offensives of their own against this intergalactic threat, opening fronts against the Progenitors over a dozen of their own planets, including Klendathu and Tophet. "The Progenitors must surely be feeling the pressure by now", said Sky Marshal Ortiz this morning. "And although we find ourselves in the unusual position of metaphorically fighting shoulder to shoulder with our once sworn enemies, there is nothing usual about the times, and they are absolutely right to recognise that the Progenitors pose a threat not only to just one species, but the entire galaxy."

She explained that the Federation under her guidance had made contact with the Arachnids and the Skinnies, coordinating and negotiating to achieve an environment where the Progenitors find themselves fighting on multiple fronts. "Divide and conquer", she said.