Sign in to follow this  
OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz

Weapons of the Mobile Infantry

osdlMjG.png

Mark 1 Morita

Damage: 22 

RPM: 540

Magazine: 75 .308 Caseless rounds.

The Mark One Morita is the standard issue rifle of the Mobile Infantry. It fires .308 Caseless ammunition. Being able to fire in single fire, burst fire or, as it most commonly is used, fully Automatic.This rifle is the go-to weapon for any member of the Mobile Infantry.

lkbsTE3.png

Mark 1 Carbine

Damage: 29

RPM: 540

Magazine: 75 .308 Caseless rounds.

The Carbine is a modified version of the Morita, coming with a shorter barrel making it lighter and a more ideal weapon to use in CQC or used by Medics over the larger and much heavier standard Morita. 

utNYulF.png

Mark Three SAW (Morita SAW)

RPM: 480

Magazine: 200 .308 caseless rounds.

The newest weapon to the Mobile Infantry, the Mark Three SAW is a Light Machine Gun assigned to Troopers to provide covering fire, suppress enemy forces or eliminate large numbers of Arachnids with out needing to stop and reload.

EbiCwoM.png

Pump Action Shotgun (CW M3 Super 90)

Damage 108

Spread: 12x9

Magazine: 8 Buckshot/Slug/Flechette rounds.

The Pump Action Shotgun is a simple shotgun that must be pumped back to load in a new shell. It's used for CQC or building sweeping, not very ideal to use against Arachnids as their chitin can deflect most lesser buckshot rounds. 

1200px-Utas-15-bitmap.png

CD-95-S Pump Action Shotgun (CW UTS-15)

Damage: 168

Spread: 12x14

Magazine: 13 Buckshot/Slug/Flechette rounds. 

An upgraded version of the basic Pump-Action shotgun, using a larger magazine count but designed to work better in CQC with more compact pellet spread. Again, this weapon isn't very ideal against Arachnids. 

Ne67LoH.png

Sawn-Off Shotgun (CW Serbu Shorty)

Damage: 96

RPM: 12x8

Magazine: 2 Buckshot/Slug/Flechette rounds.

Having no stock and a shorter barrel, the Sawn Off is an ideal secondary weapon for anyone using a larger weapon like the Morita X or SAW, as it is less likely to get caught on corners and can be used more effectively in CQC environments with out the fear of someone grabbing your weapon to disarm you.

jVOj4NH.png

'Belcher' Fully Automatic Shotgun (M9K Pancor Jackhammer)

Damage: 11x6

RPM: 180

Magazine: 10 Buckshot rounds.

The 'Belcher' is a 10 round fully automatic shotgun, perfect for CQC combat or to fight lower leveled Arachnids, the consistent fire and larger pellets of buckshot making it able to rip through Arachnids. 

G3sg1_camo1_s.png

WA-21 DMR  (CW G3A3)

Damage: 42

RPM: 240

Magazine: 20 .308 Armour Piercing rounds.

The WA-21 is an alternate DMR that can be used. It has a higher amount of recoil so Single shots is advised, though it can be used as a Fully Automatic weapon. It fires a different, larger ammo type than the Morita, making it more ideal for longer ranged engagements.

jSkY4w0.png

Morita Long Rifle (CW L115)

Damage: 90

RPM: 60

Magazine: 5 .50 Caliber rounds.

The Morita Long Rifle is high powered Sniper rifle, used primarily during human on human combat as Arachnids are harder to hit and will not drop on most occasions from a singular round, unless the round is very well placed. 

w4UpPjE.png

Brunham TW-102-S 'Peacemaker' Pistol (CW Five-Seven)

RPM: 240

Magazine: 20 .45 ACP rounds.

The Peacekeeper is a Magazine fed sidearm, the standard weapon to be given to NCOs who request them, along with standard Infantry who take heavy weapons like the Morita X, SAW or DMR when engaging in close quarter combat.

S3s0nPi.png

Brunham TW-109-E 'Emancipator' Heavy Pistol (CW Desert Eagle)

Damage: 56

RPM: 120

Magazine: 7 .308 Caseless rounds.

The Emancipator is a Magazine fed high caliber sidearm, used primarily by Psychics or Senior NCOs. Unlike the Peacekeeper, their ammo count is far lower, however the rounds are much bigger. This weapon is not to be given to random Infantry as a secondary, they are to only be used by Psychic operatives and SNCO/Officers. 

VfG0QS1.png

TW-111-P 'Reaper' Pistol (CW MR96)

Damage: 50

ROF: 180

Magazine: 6 .50 caliber rounds.

A weapon that can only be carried by Officers or members of Intel, the 'Reaper' is a high powered revolver capable of dishing out high damage, and can kill a man with a single shot, hence why Officers always save the last round for themselves.

O0YWHpb.png

M-902F Fragmentation Grenade (CW Frag Grenade)

Damage: 93

Explosive radius: 20 feet.

The M-902 Frag Grenade is the standard Grenade for the Mobile Infantry, being able to be used by anyone above the rank of Recruit. The Grenade is a deadly weapon when breaching and is incredibly effective and destroying piles of dead Arachnids to avoid them from climbing. It can also heavily damage a Warrior, but is quite unlikely to kill it. 

HADQ3LG.png

M55 Rocket Launcher

Damage: 500

Ammo: 74mm High Explosive Dual Purpose rockets, High Explosive Anti-Tank rockets or Tactical Oxygen Nuke missiles. 

The M55 is a standard kit for Engineers, firing 3 ammo types. HEDP, HEAT and TONs. The HEDP is used to destroy holes or damage hostiles. HEAT is used against tanks and heavily armored Arachnids such as the Royal or X-Bug. M55s are to be used ONLY by Engineers, unless there is no Engineer present on the drop and there is no other choice.veoss93.png

Triple Grenade Launcher (M9K EX41)

Damage: 260

RPM:60 

Magazine: 3 40 millimeter Breaching rounds or HE grenades.

The Triple Grenade Launcher, known more commonly as a 3GL, is a grenade launcher loaded up with 3 40mm grenades, capable of doing high damage to human contacts and also badly injuring Arachnids, often killing them in two direct hits. 

On top of this, the 3GL is capable of loading and firing Breaching rounds, small grenades that embed into dry wall and doors before exploding, creating points of entry for Breaching.

Note: The Morita Mark Three Assault Rifle and Mark Four have both been decommissioned from Standard Infantry use due to unreliability.The Mark Three is in early testing stages and will be re-released to the Infantry in the near future.

Why would anyone use the regular rifle over the Carbine? Or the SAW, apart from the 200 rounds? Shouldn't the Carbine be more in line with the standard Morita damage wise?

I've also got more minor questions like why the fn replaced the hk usp for the peacemaker, why the psyops handgun fires 308 instead of the special 45acp rounds based off of the g2 rip, why the hand grenade says it's usable by privates and up but isn't part of the default load out and why the highest damage pistol isn't the Reaper. 

Who do I pm or such to avoid flooding this thread? 

as far as ooc stats go, there is no advantage to using the standard morita. i was honestly under the impression that the SAW fired much faster than the morita, but i'm wrong, so idk what the advantage is aside from mag cap.

21 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

I removed these threads because it's right there.

Someone asked for an easier to find, cleaner version. 

14 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

No. I said simple and clean. Thank link is far from either. 

A drop lead asked for a simplified list of our weapons and what they do so they can easily make decisions on who should carry what. 

Think of this as a quick reference guide. 

16 hours ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

Why would anyone use the regular rifle over the Carbine?

Grenade launcher.

why the fn replaced the hk usp for the peacemaker,

CW weapons are more reliable than the M9K weapons and are all around better, sights work correctly instead of being off, varying ammo types and attachments. 

psyops handgun fires 308 instead of the special 45acp

Going off of SW's Wiki "Emancipator chambers the same 7.62mm cartridge as the Morita Mark 1 rifle." 

why the hand grenade says it's usable by privates and up but isn't part of the default load out

Literally just ask an Admin for Frag grenades and you get them. 

17 hours ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

why the highest damage pistol isn't the Reaper. 

Damage is based off of the actual damage of the SWEP, which happens to be 50 with out Magnum rounds. 

13 hours ago, cat danny 25 said:

The Reaper's bigger than a 44. I think it and the Emancipator are supposed to be switched, given that the Reaper is reserved for intelligence personnel and psychics and is basically a rifle calibre pistol. The X-Trooper used it as a primary weapon iirc.

Here's what the old SSTRP wiki shows it as.

233969ecc9caeb1e92dca9de74b0df78.png

http://starshiptroopersrp.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Intelligence

Unable to find anywhere that gives the exact size of the rounds, so gonna go with .50 rounds, biggest I can find that fit in a revolver. 

15 minutes ago, OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz said:

Unable to find anywhere that gives the exact size of the rounds, so gonna go with .50 rounds, biggest I can find that fit in a revolver. 

45-70 Government Magnum and .500 S&W come to mind off the top of my head, though both are notoriously horrible to shoot due to the recoil.

But that shit makes things get deader, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz said:

Grenade launcher.

CW weapons are more reliable than the M9K weapons and are all around better, sights work correctly instead of being off, varying ammo types and attachments. 

Going off of SW's Wiki "Emancipator chambers the same 7.62mm cartridge as the Morita Mark 1 rifle." 

Literally just ask an Admin for Frag grenades and you get them. 

Damage is based off of the actual damage of the SWEP, which happens to be 50 with out Magnum rounds. 

For the grenade launcher one, you get one shot before you can't do much and until recently (which I think I'm sure has changed but I'm not sure on when) you weren't supposed to have the underslung grenade launcher unless you're an Engineer. So it's one grenade or an extra 525 damage a mag. Are there plans to fix this since it's something that's come up before? (I.E, That admins sometimes don't spawn the ammo crates to give 40mm and that they are lost on death).

CW thing makes sense. M9k can be a bit weird.

That also fits.

Or, the admins can edit the loadout so you don't need to do that. It's part of why the loadout system was implemented IIRC.

Does that mean it's fine to use the Reaper with magnum?

Also, (after double checking the Wiki, the current MIPOD info and the RPG that all the weapons are derived from) the Reaper is supposed to be the PsyOps handgun rather than the Emancipator. It's also supposed to be a 9 round gun and also utilised the special 45acp I mentioned in an earlier post to explain its armor penetration and also explain why you wouldn't rely on it for actual fighting. Why was this changed?

24 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

Or, the admins can edit the loadout so you don't need to do that. It's part of why the loadout system was implemented IIRC.

I'm not sure on changing the loadout for everyone, that would have to be discussed with Xal, which I'll gladly do if people want grenades. If not Admins would just have to change loadouts of people individually. We'll see.

26 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

Does that mean it's fine to use the Reaper with magnum?

Yes, it would be fine to use any attachment on the CW revolver as you see fit. Apologies on my part, it doesn't actually have magnum rounds but the long barrel gives it 20% more damage. Which people can also use. 

28 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

t's also supposed to be a 9 round gun and also utilised the special 45acp

Unfortunately none of the SWEPS hold nine rounds. They all hold six at most, including the M9K weapons. There's nothing much I can really do about that, I'm simply working with what I have. Unless you can find a good nine round revolver on the workshop, which I'd then push to Xalphox. 

29 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

underslung grenade launcher unless you're an Engineer.

Also no, anyone can use the Grenade Launcher, it's not restricted to Engineers only. The argument of 1 round per reload is fair, and I'd agree it's a pain, but you can get a stack of 16 shots and what not by asking for ammo to be dropped, useful for not just grenades, but smokes, buckshot, stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz said:

I'm not sure on changing the loadout for everyone, that would have to be discussed with Xal, which I'll gladly do if people want grenades. If not Admins would just have to change loadouts of people individually. We'll see.

Yes, it would be fine to use any attachment on the CW revolver as you see fit. Apologies on my part, it doesn't actually have magnum rounds but the long barrel gives it 20% more damage. Which people can also use. 

Unfortunately none of the SWEPS hold nine rounds. They all hold six at most, including the M9K weapons. There's nothing much I can really do about that, I'm simply working with what I have. Unless you can find a good nine round revolver on the workshop, which I'd then push to Xalphox. 

Also no, anyone can use the Grenade Launcher, it's not restricted to Engineers only. The argument of 1 round per reload is fair, and I'd agree it's a pain, but you can get a stack of 16 shots and what not by asking for ammo to be dropped, useful for not just grenades, but smokes, buckshot, stuff like that. 

I mean, that's how loadout changes are done IIRC. That's why you end up with Ex-division members with M55 and First Aid Kits.

Cool, makes sense.

I don't know where the notion that the Reaper HAS to be a revolver came from, given how it's shown to be a magazine fed standard-looking handgun. Are there any Mag weapons that hold 9 rounds? I'll check myself when I get a chance.

That's currently how it works, but the issue is people don't always get given the extra rounds and when you die you lose them. I think in the script suggestion thread someone asked about if the amount you start with after spawning can be increased.

4 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

Are there any Mag weapons that hold 9 rounds?

There are not, just checked. 

5 minutes ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

I don't know where the notion that the Reaper HAS to be a revolver came from

As pointed out here:

16 hours ago, cat danny 25 said:

Here's what the old SSTRP wiki shows it as.

233969ecc9caeb1e92dca9de74b0df78.png

http://starshiptroopersrp.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Intelligence

8 minutes ago, OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz said:

There are not, just checked. 

As pointed out here:

I mean, the Wiki we use now copies most the RPG stuff verbatim.

image.png.eaa278a3d04cb6630a7f93b8ec57d7da.png

Old Wiki stuff was before any of it started getting integrated.

Shame on the mag guns.