Sign in to follow this  
Ymot Tommy Wort

Lyndsey Carter, PK Appeal.

Okie dokie, well this is my petty appeal. There are other witnesses, the person who plays White and Radical Roach, (Who is perma banned tho) 

What happened:

We were on a drop, the objective was to set up an FOB in some desert map, I was in charge of the fall back point, which was where the medic triage and last line of defence was. I do ramble a bit so I will keep this to the point. I was rping the usual Carter, overly nice person handing out coffee to the platoon then I was called to the medic triage as apparently White had a "Pet".

When I got there, with three others, we saw that this pet was indeed a chariot. I was chill about it icly and was like "Just don't shoot it" and said it was "Cute" (Because Carter.) I mean it was semi in character, I was just having a laugh. After a brief semi serious convo with White, Roy and that guy I forgot the name of a /event occured. This event was that a Tiger bug walked into the triage, and was like looking at us like we are his next snack. I mean I don't know how it got past the the first line of defence, but for sake of logic I am just gonna say it flanked us and entered from behind the massive line of troopers with guns. I am still a bit confused on why it got past without being spotted icly.

Important note: THE CHARIOT NEVER DIED TO EVEN ATTRACT BUGS. (Unless they can attract them whilst alive? Although I don't remember that in lore)

The Death:

The entire section was rp'd of course, and everyone rolled for who would get completely fucked first. Everyone rolled near the number 30 but me, I rolled a 2. What followed after that wasn't actually instant death, I was picked up by the tigers talons, (about to be snapped in half) And everyone supposedly had a chance to roll and save me. No one rolled to save me, and I think it was genuinely because they didn't know that they had the chance or just complete missed the point (Or maybe they just thought my 82 roll would save me, which makes sense I guess). I mean White was there, Carters best friend and even she didn't roll, as it wasn't clear enough in my opinion. My last roll was 82 or 81, and I think the event that came after that was a bit harsh for a 82 roll. I strongly believe that the admin should of at least hinted or told the others they could roll to save me, like I see that happen a lot.

Conclusion:

In conclusion. If they were told to roll then rolled low, then I would be like "yeah she is dead af" but the others rolling aside, the fact my last roll was 82 and I died kinda never sat right with me. I mean I kept on having rumours surrounding the death and it being a targeted one and it has been stressing me out xD. It didn't help that people shot guns and prepared meeting durings my funereal (I hope that was just a coincidence) 

It just sucked that I was assaulted during something that was hardly IC. If in the 1 in a 100 chance this shit appeal gets accepted, I am willing to have the character stripped of all her ranks,  even her engineer one. Literally just a Pvt, I don't mind. The character is awful for NCO anyways.

Side note: Can we please keep it civil and please don't get mad at me, I just saw similar situations on other accepted appeals. I am really sorry if this annoys people. Also please keep in mind I am a brain damaged autismo who does forget things, so if anyone sees parts of this like "Where the fuck did you come up with that" Please say, just keep it civil.

Sorry again.

Just now, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

The Death:

The entire section was rp'd of course, and everyone rolled for who would get completely fucked first. Everyone rolled near the number 30 but me, I rolled a 2. What followed after that wasn't actually instant death, I was picked up by the tigers talons, (about to be snapped in half) And everyone supposedly had a chance to roll and save me. No one rolled to save me, and I think it was genuinely because they didn't know that they had the chance or just complete missed the point (Or maybe they just thought my 82 roll would save me, which makes sense I guess). I mean White was there, Carters best friend and even she didn't roll, as it wasn't clear enough in my opinion. My last roll was 82 or 81, and I think the event that came after that was a bit harsh for a 82 roll. I strongly believe that the admin should of at least hinted or told the others they could roll to save me, like I see that happen a lot.

I can agree with the part of it not being a clear 'chance' to save Carter and If I do remember correctly White (My character) reached for her sidearm as she was injured herself by the same tiger. Though there was no hint to 'saving' Carter and I was not told to roll for my action of reaching for my side-arm and the other's involved didn't roll or reach for their weaponry at the time. What was running through my head at the time was 'Let the admin finish his /event until I get the chance to hopefully react in anyway.'

Yet again this only my personal opinion and sadly I don't have any screenshots of logs or such so I can't provide with any direct proof of the exact /me or actions at the time. 

Feel free to correct me on anything I might be wrong in as I don't completely recall everything. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

mean I don't know how it got past the the first line of defence, but for sake of logic I am just gonna say it flanked us and entered from behind the massive line of troopers with guns. I am still a bit confused on why it got past without being spotted icly

Since I saw this happen I am gomma clarify this single point. And the reason the tiger got passed us was due to it flanking to the west, I believe, and all the troopers on the west side, including me, were not ready nor looking for an active threat since we just tacd the nids. So all us were looking away from the western flank, much like your squad when they were all in the triage trying to pet thr chariot, talk, etc. And the Tiger snuck up on you all without even raising an alarm for the defenses.

But also, I remember seeing Carter and them getting attacked, so like me and half of the western team rushed to the triage. However we were put onto a time scale for our arrival, since Carters death wouldnt happen in minutes, it would be seconds, and thats why some of us didnt roll.

as the admin that PKd you I will post here.

I was doing several scouts around the outlying ridge line and was called out many times. However at one point I walked down the hill and then all the way around the M.I. who did not shoot me nor call me out. I did not sprint, I walked slowly.

I made it into the triage and evented a screeching sound as I walked in. It was st this point I had you all roll. The one with the least roll was attacked. Which was Carter who rolled a 2.

i grabbed her in the talons and with two events I gave the chance for someone to shoot me. Someone reached for a sidearm but no one else made any move to do anything. The squads who rushed in were time scaled since they showed up st the first event of me walking into triage.

no one tried to stop me or even tried to save you after two events. I am not required to tell anyone that they have a chance it’s up to the player to make IC decisions. That’s the point of RP. Since no one tried to stop me I snipped Carter in half and was then killed by the squads.

opportunity was presented, rolls were made, decisions done. I did not target you it was luck of the roll.

Just now, Lalatina said:

Since I saw this happen I am gomma clarify this single point. And the reason the tiger got passed us was due to it flanking to the west, I believe, and all the troopers on the west side, including me, were not ready nor looking for an active threat since we just tacd the nids. So all us were looking away from the western flank, much like your squad when they were all in the triage trying to pet thr chariot, talk, etc. And the Tiger snuck up on you all without even raising an alarm for the defenses.

But also, I remember seeing Carter and them getting attacked, so like me and half of the western team rushed to the triage. However we were put onto a time scale for our arrival, since Carters death wouldnt happen in minutes, it would be seconds, and thats why some of us didnt roll.

But I am more going on about the people like White who were near me, you guys couldn't save me if you tried

23 minutes ago, Medic said:

as the admin that PKd you I will post here.

I was doing several scouts around the outlying ridge line and was called out many times. However at one point I walked down the hill and then all the way around the M.I. who did not shoot me nor call me out. I did not sprint, I walked slowly.

I made it into the triage and evented a screeching sound as I walked in. It was st this point I had you all roll. The one with the least roll was attacked. Which was Carter who rolled a 2.

i grabbed her in the talons and with two events I gave the chance for someone to shoot me. Someone reached for a sidearm but no one else made any move to do anything. The squads who rushed in were time scaled since they showed up st the first event of me walking into triage.

no one tried to stop me or even tried to save you after two events. I am not required to tell anyone that they have a chance it’s up to the player to make IC decisions. That’s the point of RP. Since no one tried to stop me I snipped Carter in half and was then killed by the squads.

opportunity was presented, rolls were made, decisions done. I did not target you it was luck of the roll.

Okay but its just that it wasn't made clear to some of the people, like Zebastion said. Alot of people just thought my 82 roll would of saved me, I still stand by my argument. I literally see admins tell people they can save others all the time. Also what was the reason for making the tiger bug entering the triage if a chariot wasn't shot. We didn't even leave it unprotected that long, we had little men to work with.

I saw West get her char back from a roll of bad luck, and others. The difference with mine is that my last roll was 82, I should of just been critically wounded. A lot of people can see my side, I was just too scared to say anything til now. Literally no one knew to roll, and that's the only reason I died. Many others would of been let off. I  mean in the event I get Carter back she will be Pvt. anyways, only effecting some peoples roleplay (However I have spoken to those people and they say they don't mind).

All I did was call a chariot cute xD

Right. I'll take this one.

1 hour ago, Medic said:

2 hours ago, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

The Death:

The entire section was rp'd of course, and everyone rolled for who would get completely fucked first. Everyone rolled near the number 30 but me, I rolled a 2. 

These two sections stick out to me the most, as it seems to be the point where the deal is done. 

Given, you rolled an 82, which could've potentially saved your character in most situations. 

However, you were not requested to roll as your character was in an incapacitated state from rolling a 2 the past turn. Unless your character was going to release their limbs like a lizard, there isn't much you can do except helplessly await rescue while impaled by an Arachnid and held about 10-15 ft in the air. 

Then we have this...

No one rolled to save me, and I think it was genuinely because they didn't know that they had the chance or just complete missed the point (Or maybe they just thought my 82 roll would save me, which makes sense I guess).

This is what one would call the "Nail-in-the-coffin". Your comrades were given an opportunity to react and rescue your character. Unfortunately, due to the confusion of battle, the sheer shock of seeing their comrade get the old bug hava naguila, or whatever it may have been, it all amounts to the fact that your comrades let you die. 

Is it a sad death? Yes. Is someone to blame? Yes. 

But unfortunately, I don't think it's the admins here. If anything, you can take comfort in knowing that your comrades now have to sleep with the fact that they got you killed. Your character death will provide RP for several troopers by the sound of it.

Now to touch on this... 

Conclusion:

In conclusion. If they were told to roll then rolled low, then I would be like "yeah she is dead af" 

While admins are encouraged to be clear and forthright to players, they are not required to be. Admins can utilize deception at their discretion on missions should they wish. The Admin is required to warn others of danger, but tbh, I don't see how anyone couldn't have gotten the hint personally. Regardless, admins are not required to hold players hands when it comes to danger during missions.

Finally, the only thing that would actually prevent this PK from being final, is this:

I mean I kept on having rumours surrounding the death and it being a targeted one and it has been stressing me out xD. It didn't help that people shot guns and prepared meeting durings my funereal (I hope that was just a coincidence) 

Targeting is absolutely 100% not tolerated on the admin team. It is punished with an immediate removal of admin, if not a permanent ban. 

However, @Medic, is a trusted veteran admin that I would not suspect of doing so. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here on that one, due to my own history with him, and due to no evidence showing otherwise.

I sympathize with losing a character, but I strongly suggest you think of it as closure. Theres nothing I hate more than a character who just falls off the face of the earth never to be seen again. At least you got an ending. Now, what story shall you tell now?

Appeal Denied

7 minutes ago, Durango said:

Right. I'll take this one.

These two sections stick out to me the most, as it seems to be the point where the deal is done. 

Given, you rolled an 82, which could've potentially saved your character in most situations. 

However, you were not requested to roll as your character was in an incapacitated state from rolling a 2 the past turn. Unless your character was going to release their limbs like a lizard, there isn't much you can do except helplessly await rescue while impaled by an Arachnid and held about 10-15 ft in the air. 

Then we have this...

This is what one would call the "Nail-in-the-coffin". Your comrades were given an opportunity to react and rescue your character. Unfortunately, due to the confusion of battle, the sheer shock of seeing their comrade get the old bug hava naguila, or whatever it may have been, it all amounts to the fact that your comrades let you die. 

Is it a sad death? Yes. Is someone to blame? Yes. 

But unfortunately, I don't think it's the admins here. If anything, you can take comfort in knowing that your comrades now have to sleep with the fact that they got you killed. Your character death will provide RP for several troopers by the sound of it.

Now to touch on this... 

While admins are encouraged to be clear and forthright to players, they are not required to be. Admins can utilize deception at their discretion on missions should they wish. The Admin is required to warn others of danger, but tbh, I don't see how anyone couldn't have gotten the hint personally. Regardless, admins are not required to hold players hands when it comes to danger during missions.

Finally, the only thing that would actually prevent this PK from being final, is this:

Targeting is absolutely 100% not tolerated on the admin team. It is punished with an immediate removal of admin, if not a permanent ban. 

However, @Medic, is a trusted veteran admin that I would not suspect of doing so. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here on that one, due to my own history with him, and due to no evidence showing otherwise.

I sympathize with losing a character, but I strongly suggest you think of it as closure. Theres nothing I hate more than a character who just falls off the face of the earth never to be seen again. At least you got an ending. Now, what story shall you tell now?

Appeal Denied

Aye understand, I prefer Wilmot and Donovan to Carter any how. Thanks for explaining it clearly.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:40 PM, Durango said:

I mean I kept on having rumours surrounding the death and it being a targeted one and it has been stressing me out xD. It didn't help that people shot guns and prepared meeting durings my funereal (I hope that was just a coincidence) 

the thread went completely unnoticed by me, and even though the decision is made (which i agree with), i hope i can clarify something since i ran this event and i authorised the PK. first off, i never targeted you - this is the first time i hear of it, rest assured and don't worry about it. 

On 8/27/2018 at 5:54 PM, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

apparently White had a "Pet".

When I got there, with three others, we saw that this pet was indeed a chariot.

i spawned a few chariots with the intent to scout out the MI defences, and had illustrated this over the course of a few attacks. i had one chariot sneak in, being the sole survivor, and put it on the airfield infront of White, then left it there and forgot about it until later. White's decision to keep it as a pet was (in-character) fatally wrong, because she essentially let a bug spy into the triage and behind your own lines.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:54 PM, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

how it got past the the first line of defence,

medic flanked them during the night-time, and went completely unnoticed until he found the triage. if it makes you feel better, you can pretend the chariot led the tiger here, playing its role as a scout for the arachnids, which is the reasoning i'd go with.

i told medic to go wild if he manages to sneak up on the triage, and he did. everyone inside were clueless and unarmed, and i gave the go ahead to attack. the rest is history.

@Durango before you delete this, i'm simply posting this to hopefully clear up some details that the player might've been worried about. nothing else. 

• Like 2