Sign in to follow this  
Zebastion

MeTro Guide and Introduction

Your guide to Me-Tro the Medical Sealant Substance

cAlZ2AjfzBtv65wsaN-_AqO0nNAbEX_iixz434zjVNg-QQZWwWGaBdaP8NXwbYlBwo6soabxD5kCuuAyYf4aA5NameLh4Gg3mB7Lu_-yzpgtX4xBy2Q2ffbIhndyqZl3kcCXV6Zg

Guide published by United Citizen Federation Medical Detachment [UCFMD]

The guide will contain information about the methacryloyl-substituted tropoelastin Sealant as well as the various uses and the different types of the sealant. The guide will cover under which circumstances to use the sealant and what the sealant does differently apart from the more conventional way of staples or sutures.

A basic understanding of ‘Me-Tro’

The Medical sealant Me-Tro or Methacryloyl-subsituated tropoelastin sealant is a ‘Squirtable elastic glue’ to put it in common words. The sealant comes in three different types which all take a 60/90/120 seconds to set. The sealant should be used for hard-to-reach areas and sealing wounds in body tissues that continually expand and relax as such as lungs, hearts and arteries. The highly elastic and adhesive surgical glue is ideal for this as it has a much lower risk of reopening than the conventional way of treating the wounds, the sealant also helps with healing such injuries.

The use of Me-tro in a combat environment

Me-Tro should only be used as a last resort or if the Medical Personnel see fit as Me-Tro is not cheap and the conventional way of sealing and treating wounds should be used until the Me-Tro sealant is needed. But when it comes down to it, it will need to be very accurately placed to tightly bond and interlock with structures on the tissue surface.

The patient undergoing such treatment should be in a stable and secure location when the Me-Tro sealant is applied as it will take a minute or more to set and depending in the patient's condition MEDEVAC should be called.

The use of Me-tro in the surgery room / a safe environment

Me-Tro will hopefully mainly be used in the field where a wound requires quick sealing. This not being the case most of the time when it comes to the surgery room or a safe environment where you have the time and peace to perform sutures as Me-Tro is only seen as quick sealing agent even though it helps to heal the injured it's not a permanent solution for an injury. Besides if you're in a safe environment you will most likely have access to a bio-tank or more advanced and better ways of sealing and healing an injured area.

The application of Me-Tro

Before applying the Me-Tro sealant the patient should be moved to a safe location and placed into a stable position. Then the area around around the wound as well as the cavity or injured area itself should be flushed and sanitized and dried using a swab or a square of gauze. Then the application of the Me-Tro sealant can begin, the liquid will be squirted into the cavity and form in shape of the wound and soon start to set, once set a standard gauze roll should be wrapped over it to prevent anything from disturbing the injured area or sealant.

M3xsm9ADP1cBVAjrkTu63hPj6buX4M3s94k-wqyuiZKkEiH-HwKuHk08o4i7gp90uv9TCVWeXyCoceokNeZGUopUDiMMh0iHNRQkT88imxewFK1drdCG1MEqZqAZP9w25sAqyRl2

[Picture of Me-Tro being applied to a minor puncture wound]

For more information or trainings speak to your Senior Medical Staff

6 hours ago, Zebastion said:

The use of Me-tro in the surgery room / a safe environment

Me-tro will hopefully mainly be used in the surgery room or a safe environment

tfw FFRL develop METRO so that medics can quickly seal wounds of people in the field

Just now, El Excellente said:

tfw FFRL develop METRO so that medics can quickly seal wounds of people in the field

OOF, Will fix. No worries

9 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

Should be fixed, my bad! 

5 minutes ago, saiphun987 said:

So basiclly it's like Super Glue that use in Vietnam.. to seal the wounds quickly rwight?

A little better then super glue but around the same consept.

9 hours ago, saiphun987 said:

So basiclly it's like Super Glue that use in Vietnam.. to seal the wounds quickly rwight?

yup

this was made as an excuse for medics to not have to go through extensive medical rp in the middle of a mission (when npc spawns are imminent)

29 minutes ago, El Excellente said:

yup

this was made as an excuse for medics to not have to go through extensive medical rp in the middle of a mission (when npc spawns are imminent)

Actually it's a good thing. 2298 we should have something advanced enough to do so.