Sign in to follow this  
Jun Nagase

A farewell from GySgt. Graham

(Put up in the Armoury and on notice boards)

Today, the 15th of November 2298, is the day I take my leave from the Mobile Infantry. 

It has been a pleasure and an honor to serve with the 112th, and especially First Platoon of Alpha Company, and it has been a privilege to serve as a Gunnery Sergeant, as head of the now-gone Weapons Division and as a company Sniper. But most of all, as a Trooper.

When I first arrived in the Mobile Infantry, the Progenitors had just shown their faces and the Civil War had just broken out. I, like the world, was broken and had come hoping for an honorable death, as I had nothing to live for. Instead of that, the Mobile Infantry showed me a reason to live. I found friends, some I regard as closely as any family, and even found the one I hope to spend the rest of my life with. And as I, the world has now improved itself. The Progenitors are all but gone, and we as a species are finally under a single banner again. 

But alas, with a newfound will and reason to live, I fear I'm no longer as brave as the rest of you. I no longer wish to die, but seeing as I came to the Mobile Infantry to die, me staying feels like me accepting my eventual death. That is why I have decided to take my leave from you, and hope you don't think too poorly of me for deciding to leave my comrades behind.

I hope my teachings have prevented many deaths, and that what I have taught will be passed on and improved on so that less will have to die. 

Sincerest farewells,

Elizabeth Graham

Gunnery Sergeant,

1st Platoon,

Alpha Company

112th Mobile Infantry

• Like 1
  • Sad 2