Sign in to follow this  
jtfang

PK Appeal, Corporal Dwight Conelly

I'll make this short, since I can't really put much in the way of 'evidence'. Long story short: I took fire from a 'rippler', and I wouldn't have any normal problem except in no way shape or form, even when its firing directly infront of me, can I respond to it; theres no body suddenly moving in to run away from, no way to shoot it before it shoots me. I personally think getting PKed for this type of scenario is bullshit. I'll gladly accept PK's when its from something thats actualy able to be resisted.

If it matters; during the fire fight, which had normal tigers as well, I was not standing in the middle of the open, nor was I standing.

to be fair man, i was standing right next to you when it happened. you got hit by ripplers that had been harassing the whole platoon. We'd killed it before. You got killed by one, and you rolled a 3, which is something that needs to be mentioned. Part of the reason we sometimes use rolls is to give the character in question some way to survive on a spectrum from 1 to 100. out of all those 100 digits, you rolled a 3. 

@cat danny 25 @Tony

I'm going to open this up to tony and nazz so they can hopefully help clarify the situation better, as they were directly involved.

I would like to point out that I was both in TS with the person who shot you, and hovering nearby when you died in order to oversee the PK. You rolled a 3 when I asked you to, and I had set a precedent -- and the administrators in TS with me at the time ( @Argon @Tony @Maple Leaf Moosefucker can all confirm that I did set that as my threshhold for PKs on that drop, and pretty much every drop that I run in the interest of being fair to the players. Some people like @Coleision died multiple times and rolled for each of their deaths, whether by random flings of acid, bugs, etc. The only ones that I dismissed were friendly fire, as I didn't think it would be fair or intuitive for someone to RP an injury or a death in a giant clusterfuck of guys due to disorganization - it would have been frantic.

I can attest to the fact that the person who killed you was blindfiring through the hedgerows from the hip, and was neither invisible nor in observer but rather running around as a rippler bug. He was killed multiple times as well, so it wasn't even like he was unkillable. You had a 5/100 chance to die, and you happened to have your card called. It happens to the best of us.