The forums were recently upgraded.  Please forward any issues to administration.

Sign in to follow this  
Durango

my return

isn't happening, but I'm still making music and experimenting with hip hop 

check out my tracks then criticize so I can learn and get better

much advance thank 

My attempt at darker trap-type songs: 

My attempt at a lo-fi hip hop sound:

My attempt at both writing and producing a track: 

• Winner 1
  • Optimistic 1

What music program did you use? I use FL Studio myself.

The third one is my favorite, I like the vibe and overall mix, also the added audio clips are a really nice touch.

Edited by Ymot Tommy Wort
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

What music program did you use? I use FL Studio myself.

The third one is my favorite, I like the vibe and overall mix, also the added audio clips are a really nice touch.

I used acoustica mixcraft to record the vocals, but my buddy produces most of the beats with FL and splice. The third was super experimental, so it's cool that it stuck out to you. 😁

• Like 1

it's not something you can just improve on in an instant, i know, but maybe try to work on your vocals and put some more emotion into them. As in; try to not sound as if you're just reading the lyrics off. It's hella difficult but might come with time, but really, other than that i dont see much more points to improve on. good work.

• Useful 1

16 minutes ago, Ace said:

it's not something you can just improve on in an instant, i know, but maybe try to work on your vocals and put some more emotion into them. As in; try to not sound as if you're just reading the lyrics off. It's hella difficult but might come with time, but really, other than that i dont see much more points to improve on. good work.

I feel that 

delivery is a big part of it

id like to think I learn a little more about my voice every time I make a song 

Durango, aren’t you a confederate reenactor? Shouldn’t be making ape music. You should be making folk music jams 👏😤

• Optimistic 1

7 hours ago, Yuu said:

Durango, aren’t you a confederate reenactor? Shouldn’t be making ape music. You should be making folk music jams 👏😤

don't tell me what to do

17 hours ago, Durango said:

I used acoustica mixcraft to record the vocals, but my buddy produces most of the beats with FL and splice. The third was super experimental, so it's cool that it stuck out to you. 😁

I do love Experimental music, also FL is good for beats, lots of customization available.

4 hours ago, Ymot Tommy Wort said:

I do love Experimental music, also FL is good for beats, lots of customization available.

Yeah, I don't know shit about FL and we have trouble using it to record vocals properly. I had more experience with mixcraft so I just recorded the vocals and shit off that lol.