Sign in to follow this  

Complaint: Suggestion: Enemy AI.

I'm into police brutality

Do you happen to know how much of an impact these add-ons would have to server performance?

• Like 1

Honestly I want this to be added, but why? Well it;s due to how bland sep missions can be. About 60% of them are just NPC's standing around and shooting at you making them selves open targets that just require 1-6 shots to kill. And the other 20% is the AI running around without purpose doing the same thing, but only with a little bit more damage. And another 10% can actually be deadly, kinda like Tony/Cronks NPC's who managed to pin down the MI with 8 - 10 men. And the last 10% is just the admins being the deadly ones with CW 2.0.

But adding the AI in will make sep drops a little more intense, and add a difficulty besides /me gets in cover and shoots bad guys. Plus the Ai seems to be smarter, which is why they hunt the player, and they actually shout at us instead of them saying,"Combine radio line #54","Freeman", or "NOO!". It could add immersion to the actual event itself, which is what we need.

-- And sure, the performance will be impacted. But if you can just pick one of the addons possibly, then that could be totally fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tonic said:

Do you happen to know how much of an impact these add-ons would have to server performance?

2 hours ago, Durango said:

Could we acquire their base instead

Technical details I don't have answers for, unfortunately. These questions would be better answered by test runs and whoever puts their mitts all over SNPCs.

I cannot imagine a huge server impact, unless these SNPCs somehow prove deadly in not just their aim.

2 hours ago, Lalatina said:

But if you can just pick one of the addons possibly, then that could be totally fine.

It's just SNPCs that're added. The other content packs are textures and playermodels, which are all needed if you don't want purple-and-black checkered AI.

3 minutes ago, TheCursedJester said:

Technical details I don't have answers for, unfortunately. These questions would be better answered by test runs and whoever puts their mitts all over SNPCs.

I cannot imagine a huge server impact, unless these SNPCs somehow prove deadly in not just their aim.

It's just SNPCs that're added. The other content packs are textures and playermodels, which are all needed if you don't want purple-and-black checkered AI.

oh, then get all of them then plz.

It would reduce NPC spam a lot, since fewer NPCs would do more damage over a shorter amount of time than the ones we have now.

Also, I like it when the AI does more than just stand there and shot MI.

3 hours ago, El Excellente said:

jesus you died faster than a black guy in a traffic stop

2 hours ago, Valkrae said:

It would reduce NPC spam a lot, since fewer NPCs would do more damage over a shorter amount of time than the ones we have now.

Also, I like it when the AI does more than just stand there and shot MI.

Bonus round: Those NPCs I spawned in the video? When you use the proficiency tool on them they were on average difficulty.

Considering it goes from Poor - Average - Good - Excellent (if I recall correctly) then you can make the SNPCs even nastier.

2 hours ago, Medic said:

I take offence.

Yes, we know police officers take the offense. Leave the niggas alone.

buggy for me, a few times they'd ignore me completely, and they stop working over medium to long range, which means people'll just take potshots to get rid of the npcs

it's an improvement over the regular hl2 npcs though so i wont mind them

i did some finagly bangly with these SNPC's and they're pretty good. can be a bit laggy at higher numbers, but it might be a good alternative to the "our separatists are spawned as often as arachnids are" method. unfortunately i managed to crash my game while having them shoot at some Episode 2 NPC's. -- could be my toaster giving up the ghost, though.

On 19/12/2017 at 6:52 PM, Archer said:

buggy for me, a few times they'd ignore me completely, and they stop working over medium to long range, which means people'll just take potshots to get rid of the npcs

it's an improvement over the regular hl2 npcs though so i wont mind them

Sometimes they do have a tendency to "position" themselves instead of firing.

I think all NPCs stop working at a distance though, so that might be a moot point. Seps and open maps with large distances have never worked well to my memory, its always had to be streets, blind corners and up-close-and-personal.

From what I can tell the npcs are much more accurate, but their damage was higher. The combine with the ar2 do about 5-6 damage per hit, while the snpcs do around 8-2 damage per shot. So more damage and better accuracy means deadlier combat situations, though it does vary so you could be on the cusp of death and lose just enough to stay alive. Don’t know about the path finding but thats usually just a navmesh issue when it comes to standing around. You put any npc on construct and they walk around like a man who just dropped his change on the ground and can’t find it.

• Like 1