Sign in to follow this  
Deckers

GMod Crashes

Time to pass this on to the more smart people.

I've wiped my GMod folders and reinstalled.

I've verified my game cache.

Ran as administrator.

Unsubscribed from everything.

Uninstalled and reinstalled.

Disabled the Cloud thing.

The game crashes when I'm loading into a game, singleplayer and multiplayer. 

Hmmm...

I used to run into this issue but the things you had did pretty much fixed it for me. You cleaned out all of the addon files and anything, yes? Cause what used to crash my game a lot was pretty much an overload of memory use from the hundreds of addons I downloaded. 

Maybe, and this just maybe, you are missing a crucial file that'll crash your game. 

9 minutes ago, PeaceKeeper2018 said:

Hmmm...

I used to run into this issue but the things you had did pretty much fixed it for me. You cleaned out all of the addon files and anything, yes? Cause what used to crash my game a lot was pretty much an overload of memory use from the hundreds of addons I downloaded. 

Maybe, and this just maybe, you are missing a crucial file that'll crash your game. 

Wiped my GMod folders.

There's usually a crash log left behind in the \Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod folder, if you could care to share that when it happens.

If you're trying to start the game vanilla with no addons whatsoever, fresh install, and it still crashes when trying to load a map, this could imply something is wrong with your system rather than the game itself. Has anything changed or been updated recently between when Gmod last worked and finding this problem? A windows update, a new driver such as for your CPU or GPU, changes to Gmod's game options or steam launch options?

Another thing you vould try is right-clicking the HL2 executable and setting compatiability options for your machine's operating system.

20 minutes ago, TheCursedJester said:

There's usually a crash log left behind in the \Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod folder, if you could care to share that when it happens.

If you're trying to start the game vanilla with no addons whatsoever, fresh install, and it still crashes when trying to load a map, this could imply something is wrong with your system rather than the game itself. Has anything changed or been updated recently between when Gmod last worked and finding this problem? A windows update, a new driver such as for your CPU or GPU, changes to Gmod's game options or steam launch options?

Another thing you vould try is right-clicking the HL2 executable and setting compatiability options for your machine's operating system.

I'll try the latter when home again.

In regard to updates, it's only the typical windows updates that happen on shut down and the like.

hl2_171219_crash is the only thing showing up with date and time

You could try uninstalling gmod, and then deleting the folder from your steam files completely if you haven't tried that already. Sometimes you get registry problems without steam realizing it when it combs through the folders with 'verify integrity'. It checks to see that the files are there, not that the code is where it should be. When you delete a game, it tends to leave loose files behind, which is why I'm inclined to believe that your problem may be in that department.

It's worth a shot, at least.

4 hours ago, cat danny 25 said:

You could try uninstalling gmod, and then deleting the folder from your steam files completely if you haven't tried that already. Sometimes you get registry problems without steam realizing it when it combs through the folders with 'verify integrity'. It checks to see that the files are there, not that the code is where it should be. When you delete a game, it tends to leave loose files behind, which is why I'm inclined to believe that your problem may be in that department.

It's worth a shot, at least.

I've already tried this :(

@TheCursedJester Could you help a retard out and tell me how to set it to run compatibly please?

6 minutes ago, Deckers said:

Could you help a retard out and tell me how to set it to run compatibly please?

Untitled.png.1f70e9b502e7cd11030bcd8d5d4dcc9a.png   -->  Untitled2.png.d409c227e288a646eadeaadabcfff39c.png

I'm assuming it worked, yes?  Pretty sure I saw you on a day or two ago.

1 hour ago, Tonic said:

I'm assuming it worked, yes?  Pretty sure I saw you on a day or two ago.

Jesters solution of compatibility has worked so far, I was able to play yesterday for a short bit.

Thank you everyone.

Okay so i'm currently kinda having some of the same problems as Deckers did, I've tried everything you've listed above including the compatibility. The game loads up like normal but every time I try and join a server with my normal high settings it normally says "failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer:nVertexCount=489, nFirstVertex=1995" and completely crashes the game. To actually get on the server I need to put the settings to the lowest option available, when I do eventually join the FPS is really low. I've tried changing the aspect ratio and resolution back to what I had it back to originally in the hope that the change had somehow fucked it up but for some reason the game decides to not change it back to 4:3 and doesn't even allow me to change the resolution at all. This is what it says in the console when I attempt to change it "'userconfig.cfg' not present; not executing."

(EDIT: Please dont answer this, a new problem has been found)