Admyral Joe

• Last visited

Everything posted by Admyral Joe

1. The question is less if they're a cute couple and more if they match personality wise. It makes it seem more fluid than if the players came together like "We shall become a couple." but they are polar opposites.
  2. When there is more AFK people in a channel than the AFK Channel. Also I use Wallpaper engine but here's mine;
  3. There was an Intelligence Leak rolled for the 1st Event & A Natural Disaster roll for the 2nd Event. However, as Hod fell, we considered that the Natural Disaster and so was mitigated to what was already to occur. No changes were made to the Table.
  4. Rota updated due to the new Month starting. - Delays in creating the new templates have been due to holidays and incompatible softwares. Should be done today / Tomorrow.
  5. For a seamless transfer. If you wish to join, please contact me before Thursday this week so that you can be fully set up and on the rota to get going from Next week. We have something planned which will require hitting the ground running, though a hint towards what that shall be will be arriving in the Fednet area beforehand.
  6. Can confirm, never played on the Yukon. Just to cover My opinion on this. I agree that there are plenty of people who view going on the server as a job where everything must be perfect. While it is okay to do that (And will likely lead to you becoming an Admin as the mindset is beneficial in the upper echelons if you have no serious negatives) There are still plenty of people who will come on the server for fun, which is encouraged. If you see everything as a job, it will burn you out and wipe you out of the server. Like for myself, I feel I wouldn't have been an admin for almost 3 years straight now (Now I feel old ;-; ) if I viewed everything in a perfectionist mindset as I would've burnt out and fallen off the server, if I felt constantly judged to the point it was affecting how I played? Then again, I heavily sympathize with you in that I probably would've left. However, while do agree with what you have put, I also feel that what Jordan & Optic put is probably the case in regards to leadership. At present, the leadership doesn't want to chance something when they have tried and tested at least with what they already have. That said, there are plenty of "New"er players in my eyes managing to get in, so there are some chances going on. A chief example of this would be Optic himself, as well as Argon. Both of them joined the community just under a year ago during Operation Omega, and now both are Admins, one leads Mobile Infantry and the other Engineering. If it was a targeted PK, then even if it was not policy, they should be removed.
  7. Initially it is just colonies that low,yeah. This is a balancing reason with it (As of present, the rule is that they can have a max population of 10 Million under rule.) because a Colony with 1 Billion population in the current status would either be incredibly unstable or be able to solve every problem with every other planet in the Federation. And yeah. While you can't control it until the 20th(As with a set rota it would completely throw it up in the air and put stuff off balance.) that does not mean you cannot plan in advance, about what you feel your colony would need, what laws to enact, etc. At present, issues with systems such as being partially controlled by Arachnids haven't been implemented beyond flavour text. However, we hope that by Month 3 or 4, to introduce these mechanics so that colonies with Arachnid presences may suffer raids on top of their standard events, or Radiation leaks / decreased population growth on planets such as Ulm which are irradiated. As of present. The only reserved colonies are Castus, Faxx & Elixaeberna. "Federally Important" colonies such as Iskander, Sanctuary & eventually Sol are restricted due to letting Xal do his Xal things and not getting in the way, but there's still an array of planets available, such as Faraway, Cassandra & Roku San.
  8. As of present. We have a little rota on how we get people to do their events. Why? Because then something is constantly happening. We're not having every occurrence on every planet happen in one week. This is split up based on a main factor; Ensuring equality, and Population. Any colony with more than 1 million colonists will have more events occur (At present 2 per month compared to a 1 for thousands.) So they will need to occur on the rota twice. If a colony reaches 1 Billion population, the Federation will take back more control, and you'll lose your colony (But congratulations on surviving so long without rampant riots, destruction and Thanos grade events.) The current Rota is below, and will be updated as more people join. AT PRESENT. COLONIES CAN ONLY ACHIEVE UP TO 10 MILLION FOR BALANCING REASONS. *Your changes will only occur monthly. You do not benefit more from being later on, nor do you suffer from being first.* Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 SW Liz Blank/Alice Deckers Medic Grimm SW Argon Stevie Wewai Deckers Joe Grimm Ryu When trading occurs. If you know where you are on the Rota, we recommend planning in advance. While you can't plan for the random events which may wipe out some of your supplies, you can plan on the fact your Weekly modifier will either drain you or boost you. If you've got a -5 weekly food modifier, by the time you have your next turn you'd have lost 20 food. For smaller colonies, that can be disastrous without proper preparations or reductions. Sometimes it is better to trade between colonies, such as if one person has high resources and the other has both low resources and low wealth. Sometimes it is better to trade directly with the Federation such as selling excess water for wealth.
  9. First event of M1: Rolled a 25, leading to One of the leading officials is branded a traitor and losing 5 Favor. As there was no growing issues as of present, no other elements occurred. As they have a population over 1M, they will have a second event this month to occur. Second Event of M2: Deckers rolled a 99 gaining An Odd Comet Sighted - After this, he decided to build a museum and upgrade his water systems, increasing his modifiers exchange for 400 Resources, bought with 100 wealth.
  10. Rolled a 76 - Politician becomes rather popular leading to a +5 to Favor. At present, Wealth is the main issue of the colony, with it entering the red at 19% if not resolved. However, food is the main bonus of the colony, reaching 65.81% if left. Resources are also growing and will enter green by M2 if left alone.
  11. That's fair. At present we're only having people who actually already control a colony in the group, just so that it is easier to keep track. Admins are able to add themselves to any club so there has been one or two discrepancies, but regardless. Gives anyone who has interest a good fortnight to get at least a WIP of their colony ready. We're only using colonies which are in the low millions or less in terms of population. As one would think that after losing around 6 billion on Earth, the Federation would want to directly control colonies with like six trillion colonists.
  12. At present you claim it when you join up. There are some systems which are restricted (Such as Iskander & Earth/Mars when it is retaken) from being played. However, one can in effect reserve one if they intend to join but haven't got in just yet, so that they don't get dicked out of a colony. On the 20th we intend to bring in 4 new people to our current collection of six including the two of us running it. However, if interest is high enough, me and Argon can of course discuss the possibility of upping the number we take in to basically stress test earlier. (Please note that I say possibility as nothing is set in stone and I don't want to get people's hopes up only to dash them.) If you have any queries of what systems you can use as you don't wish to build your own, feel free to PM and I can give you a list.
  13. Finally got round to updating stuff. Mostly in the form of the Medal ceremony, some edits to Bently & York, and adding links to her Homeworld/system. Will do more updates when return from work, but if you want updated / added, feel free to send a message.
  14. As of present the only way to help would be by being interested in joining as we run a very bare bones but functional version. The best way you could help if you want to join? Make yourself a colony. As of present, the majority of the colonies we have produce resources & wealth and need colonies which produce water & Food. So feel free to get in contact with Snow Wolf and get yourself your own little slice of space on the Star map.
  15. This thread is just an explanation on what the Federal Council Club is, and, if you're on the discord, the "Terran Federation Government" section which was put in Announcements. In a short tl;dr of it. It is you getting to act as a System Governor and control a colony (Or colonies if there are more in the planetary system.) Which can directly lead to events occuring on the server. Long version is that me and @Argon are currently working on a system of colony control where a player or admin will take control of a planetary system, and help that colony grow, and expand. For said player/admin to create laws for the World, ranging from introducing population laws to relatively benign laws like restricting dogs from the world. At present, you can create laws, trade between colonies and have events occur ranging from finding new minerals to permanently increase the resource production of that colony to be the number one producer in the Federation, to the possibility of suffering a bug invasion while you have a VEI 8 Eruption. We hope to eventually get enough people involved to recreate the Council of the Federation, with each individual at the meetings getting their own vote to decide Federal policy. We hope this will increase interest in the Colonies and promote players who had an interest in what occured at the beginning of the Civil war with the rts elements. How does it look currently? With the colonies currently, we will produce an image like this one (Which will need changing as Hod isn't under their control any more.) where you are given a brief overview of what is going right and what is going wrong with the colony as well as linking the wiki page of their system in a spoiler so they can be read if you don't know it off by heart. After that, when it is your colony's turn you'll be asked to roll for your event. We have ensured that rolling a 1 is not always horrific, and rolling a 100 is not always the best option. More information will come in the future. However, we will be looking for more testers (We hope to stress test it in the next month or so after this first month is over.) so if you're interested feel free to hit a post on this thread or message us in private.
  16. https://discord.gg/jTzgJxj There's a permanent invite here if it works for me. ^.^
  17. This Topic is based around what you can do with your colonies under different topic headings. When you're given your star system, it will be yours to cherish and hold and hopefully not destroy. I am the Law To quote the rpg book. The government of each system or colony has the right to pass its own laws but may not pass any law abridging those set forth by the Federation. Generally, the laws unique to each colony are not likely to have any impact on any citizen or civilian passing through the colony; they tend to be minor misdemeanour's carrying a light fine. In cases where the colony deviates markedly from the baseline of Federation laws, this will be discussed under the entry for the individual colony. This is intrinsic to how you play your colony. You can enact new laws, grants and other incentives to help kickstart your colony into a new major centre of humanity, or you can place additional bans or restrictions to stop you outgrowing your ability to sustain yourself. However, these new additions to your colony are unable to contradict federal laws. These laws you pass will have an effect on your colony. If you pass incentives towards families, you'll get an increase in population growth, or in a contradiction, creating a 1 child law will decrease the population growth. What do you mean I have to pay? If you suffer from a negative event, such as a bug meteor striking the planet. You'll likely want to call for support from the Federation, likely in the form of additional Mobile Infantry or Fleet support. This will cost you 'Favor' ; Or how favoured you are by the Federation. At present, the only way to gain more of it would be by buying it in the form of a conversion table (Shown below) or by writing a FEDNET article on the situation. Obviously the more severe of a situation the more favor you will gain as the Federation as a whole would not necessarily care that a storm killed 3 people on a backwater colony. The cost for the support will also vary depending on the severity, as to represent how much support you're requesting. So I can Trade? As of present it is possible to buy and sell Wealth & Favor for flat amounts. While trading with other colonies will rely on supply and demand, the table below has the equivalence table for trading with the Federation directly. To buy wealth or favor you would have to double the amounts on it. An example being selling 4 water to gain 1 wealth. As such, when you wish to get rid of your excess resources, it can sometimes be more optimal to trade with someone who needs them, where you may be able to gain more than you would off the table. So what can I trade? You can trade anything you have on your colony except favor; Food, water, resources, wealth or even population are all able to be transferred between colonies. Of course, if you decided to trade 1 million people to another colony, there will be issues which arise. Not everyone would want to leave everything they have to go somewhere else. How this is dealt with may be worked out based on each individual colony and what they can offer other than the existing incentives for colonists (or increased amounts of said incentives, as quoted below.) Offering these incentives such as cash payments will help ease these new arrivals into the colony, however it will of course lead to a cost based on what incentives there are. For example offering them cash incentives will obviously require wealth. How the cost of this is split will be decided between the two colonies involved in such a transaction.
  18. After a long hiatus, the Federal council has convened in its entirety. Lacking many of the prior elected officials and delegates with the fall of Earth and the subsequent civil war, many colonies, now in the limelight for holding significant amounts of the surviving population of the federation, have appointed their governors as members of the council to ensure that their voices are heard. A Sky Marshal is yet to be appointed, however many look towards the governor of Iskander, the de facto capital of this new federation championed by the forces of the Coalition. The first decisions at the initial meeting? To renew the war against the mysterious ‘Progenitor’ race that took Earth and the Sol system. Additionally, the prior Sky Marshal, John Hudson, and other fallen members of the council have been posthumously declared Heroes of the Federation and there are further calls from members of the council to give honors to the fallen Infantry companies which died on Earth.