Troy Hughes

• Last visited

Posts posted by Troy Hughes

1. 1 minute ago, Silent said:

Even doing that still isn't really teaching it to them. They should be sat down in a classroom or even in the simulation room, and given whatever they're to be learning. Let them mess with it ICly and OOCly, see if they can figure out what it does, how it can be used etc. Then you walk them through its use, what the book says about it, and more importantly YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE with said thing, tips that may not have been taught, maybe a few details that aren't mentioned in the book but useful for its deployment. We're not trying to teach them the bear minimum, so when you have something to add, do so. Furthermore, the 'hands on' bit is more-so the week of field work they should be doing. 

I do not agree that people should be given ranks because they've been doing a required aspect for a week. It should be earned otherwise, and certifications should be a completely separate ladder to climb.

I'm sorry that I didn't explain in detail when I said HANDS on experience. As in, teaching them in how to use the items we are using. Having the person ask ICly and OOCly how it works. When I haven't used something, I tell them and then we use it together. Im not teaching "bear minimum" I'm teaching them what they need to know how the item works or what they need to do to make it work.

• Like 1
  2. IC:
    Name: Eric Moon
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Black
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 165 LBs

Character Background
    Educational History: Passed high school with flying colors, especially in engineering and electronics. Has one year of Federal Academy under belt. Trained for navigation for fleet.
    Service Record: Held the rank of Chief Petty Officer, Ship Navigator. Nothing too notable besides good conduct medals/ribbons. 

OOC:
    Steam name: hughes040
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131449708/
    Length of time on Server: About close to 3 years~
    Time zone: Eastern Standard Time [EST]

Current characters on server: Troy Hughes and Naomi Reel
    Roleplay History: RPed for about 4 years altogether. The server, .net, being the longest one I've been. Played mostly as an Engineer.

3. Engineering Training Log File 058

Instructor: MSpc. Naomi Reel

Trainee(s):  SPC. Elzara Fayzulin

Subject: SYS

Category: 1-6

Date: 06/16/2019

Time: 1700 EST

Notes: Did hands on and book training on Systems training. Fayzulin caught on fast with no questions and seemed to be competent in what she was doing.

4. 9 hours ago, Solitaire said:

Mmm, yep, need s some Lupi ;D

16 hours ago, Floofy said:

Where the hell is Oakwood?

On 6/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, Tridon said:

Lisa White

On 6/7/2019 at 12:48 PM, sarduker said:

Oliver Stanley 

Done! ❤️

5. Engineering Training Log File 052

Trainee(s):  3Spc. Vissarion Lobov Anatolievich

Subject: SAP

Date: 06/13/2019

Time: 1500 EST

Notes: All of Sapper was completed, trooper showed excellence and retained info taught to him. He caught on very quickly, fast learner.

6. Engineering Training Log File 050

Trainee(s):  3Spc. Elzara Fayzulin

Subject: SAP

Date: 06/10/2019

Time: 1640 EST

Notes: All of Sapper was completed, trooper showed excellence and retained info taught to her.

Engineering Training Log File 045

Instructor: SSpc. Naomi Reel

Trainee(s): 3Spc. Chloe Harris

Subject: Munitions

Category: 4-5 and Test

Date: 23/05/99

Time: 5:15 pm - 5:45 pm EST

Notes: Harris seemed very understanding on the subject, asked question when needed. Was advised when testing and blowing things up will happen. Went over quizzing and some firing of M55 in sim, did very well.