Fitz

• Last visited

Everything posted by Fitz

1. Honestly the best events are always improv in my opinion.
  2. It was middling in my opinion, but then again it was bugs, not Sanctuary; that's what were talking about here.
  3. Good example. I can't tell you how many times I've seen those events.
  4. I think I get what you mean, but how do you define "mainstream" please? Just for clarity, I think it would add to the thread.
  5. Already there are quite a few of these things, like hostage situations dealt with dismally yet nobody is ever hurt even, certainly not PK'd. My character should have been PK's when stabbed in the lower back by a Sanctuary pathfinder as she was also unloaded onto by an operative with a pistol from the front, her whole mag hitting the pathfinder holding my character with somehow only one bullet hitting her. It's just that admins are afraid to PK people. Also need more difficult situations though, but there are already some.
  6. I fully agree. I am not advocating for events every day in which three people even are PK'd, but ultimately that might be best, there is no way we can be certain, so we must see and find the balance as you said. One thing is certain though, it needs to be more difficult and admins must be willing to hand out a couple PK's every now and again.
  7. If they are trying to avoid a PK that is their own fault, and can make a "throwaway" if they wish (though I am opposed to the idea). If you honestly are that afraid of the slight chance of a PK (Archer events are more understandable to avoid) in that it only might happen, this might not be he server for you, or at least it shouldn't be. I am not asking for six PK's an event like sometimes Archer does, not even one every time, but rather just more than we have right now. It certainly has been weeks since the last PK I can remember. When I mean more difficult, I don;t mean more spamming of NPC's either, more having the gall to put the playerbase into a difficult situation with difficult choices that must be made.
  8. It's not that some are bad, it's that all are bad. It's not a difficult fix either, just harder events and you're away.
  9. So, it seems my last post did quite well indeed in addressing the issues we had with a lack of arachnid events, and now we have a sufficient amount of arachnid events which are quite fun and nicely done in my opinion. Something else was brought up in that post, an opinion that the Draconian were just too easy and therefore not very fun. I was really quite looking forwards to our encounter and subsequent war with Sanctuary, expecting a large clash at the start like was done for the Draconian campaign, the most fun I'd had in that particular campaign. I thought it only to be harder in the newer campaign. Instead we got quite a weak start, we slipped in to rescue a Unionist, which was all quite easy. I can't imagine it being any easier, having no PK's that I can remember and no hitches. We sort of weakly slid into the war, no clash to speak of. Since it has started, I have been thoroughly disappointed with the events. A few have been of quite good quality, but simply no fun. There has been one in which a group of Sanctuary pathfinders infiltrated the ship, the best of the best, and were able to cause havoc, but not a single casualty at all. Two recent events were having to do with certain death camps, an appeal of pathos I suppose. These events have been quite interesting, but again, thoroughly enjoyable to me. At this point I just play this server for the passive RP, and the missions if anything are only a drag because they are just TOO EASY! I think myself not the only one with this opinion, and I believe the core aspect with made server so alluring (the high PK counts) has been lost, and I legitimately cannot remember the last time someone died. With NCO's running around back and forth on the front, standing on the crest of a hill in plain sight of a military base we are supposed to be infiltrating, it seems because they are of high rank they are invincible. This is the opposite of what is supposed to happen. As with the Draconians, I could not imagine us ever losing a battle given the current state of things. @Archer We need your events please ;-; tl;dr TOO EASY!
  10. @Moon Man Added. Colouring changed and relationship with O'Neill changed as well a bit.
  11. Added Bently ( @OpTiCFaZeSoCkzZz ) I also updated how my relations work a bit.
  12. Here's a bit of a simpler one I used made Naomi Wise. I think the borders are quite nice. Note, I did not add any sort of colour scheme for the relationships in this one, as I wanted to see how it would turn out if I just let the words do the talking. I made this one which is even more simple for Anni, and it does have colours and such for the relations section. For this one I didn't really add any negative relations as Anni does not view anyone negatively at all, but you should probably add those when using it for a more normal character in that aspect. Pretty simple for both of them, but they are sufficient, I believe.
  13. @Detective British Added.
  14. @Kris @Kraegus @Whiplash @Arrow @Lizglfynn Added yez.
  15. Name: Anni Järvinen Rank: LCpl. Specialization: Mobile Infantry Physical Description: A woman who would stand slightly below average height, being quite lithe though adequately toned. She would have light blue eyes and moderately dark blonde hair. They would seem to almost always be excited about something, always smiling and energetic. She would don the standard uniform of the Mobile Infantry, being a plain grey uniform with a matching grey beret. The uniform would at times be a bit messy, especially early in the morning. As the day would go on it would generally improve. When sitting she would cross her legs so that her left shin would rest on her right thigh, often seeming to tap her left foot in mid-air rapidly and constantly. Relations. Admired | Best Friend | Close Friends | Friends | Friendly | Neutral Loved | Really into | Crush | Interest | Slight interest | Neutral Mathew Squires -- Inactive JNCO. Liliana Verbeck -- She would be very friendly with Verbeck, very thankful of the English dictionary given to her by them. Recently after the marine debacle, she might act a bit confused around her. Norman Rivera -- Somebody Anni used to know a bit, but hasn't been around. Noah Gargano -- On drop, Anni would just try to make sure he keeps his mouth shut and stays in his place, but nothing personal against him. Genevieve Vermillion -- The first non-marine she would have met on the Grant. She would want to speak with her whenever she would pass by, seeing her as a friend and calling her such after only meeting her once. K.I.A Blake Lexious -- She would act around Blake as a friend would, laughing at how silly he would be sometimes, but more laughing with him. She would be the one of the only people on the entire ship to call him by his nickname, "Arrow", on occasion. Transferred. Josephine Drehd -- Former superior in the marines, Anni would seem to still respect her very much, but they wouldn't be too close anymore. Jack O'Neill -- Around Jack O'Neill Anni would be quite cordial as always, but take particular interest in talking to him about certain things seeing his experience. She would seem to much enjoy being around him. Recently O'Neill has avoided talking to Anni, and Anni hasn't had any time to pursue a conversation with him, so they wouldn't be seen together. K.I.A. Qasi Dubois -- Anni would seem to be quite friendly to Qasi, smiling at him all the time as everyone else. She would when teaching him things always make sure to explain the concepts in a very vivid manner and accept as many questions as possible, seemingly excited to help him learn. Transferred Travis Young -- Anni would not seem to notice this man very readily, and though she might be able to remember him if she really was reminded of his pathfinder days, she would look to see him as any other Private in the MI, him having a rather generic and forgettable face. She would afford him the same kindness as anyone else in general though if they were to interact. Tina König -- Anni would seem appreciative of her words and like to be around her when she would be around, seemingly a good comrade and a very good marine made evident by her rapid progression through the marine ranks too. Lance Corporal now, and Anni might attempt to forward their friendship. Sebastian Bently-- Anni would sometimes be seen staring at Bently from afar, or from a near distance. She would seem to be dazed a bit when around him, and when speaking to him in public she might sound a bit awkward. If heard alone, Anni would speak softly to him and almost sound a bit confused, but it would be obvious that she was happy despite this. One with a sharp eye for such things as emotions and relationship could easily tell she loved him very, very much. Though this would be in private. In public, their relationship would be less intimate, with Anni always addressing him as "Sergeant", and treating him like any other NCO for the most part, thought might be caught staring from time to time.
  16. I will be leaving most of this blank for the time being. If you would wish for me to tell you what May Belle Fitzgerald thinks of any particular character, please PM me, and I will trust you not to meta with given information. I believe discussing characters OOC is a good thing, an can be quite fun, but it was brought to me that having a character sheet that explains your character in full is not beneficial to RP overall, and I have changed my mind about having this up as a result. For anyone who has read this sheet before I deleted most of it (I still have it all saved), do know that I only wrote about one tenth of my character's feelings down here towards certain people, and the general state of May's mind is ever-changing, so please, make sure to check in with her in roleplay every now and again if you'd wish to know what she thinks of things. I would suggest you do this with all characters. Thank you. Theme [ https://youtu.be/BJduExH8UWk?t=15m3s ] Picture [ https://i.gyazo.com/a4312ba2210e4361e231e9cac94ccec4.jpg ] Name: May Belle Fitzgerald Age: 20 D.O.B: 7th of June Gender: Female Affiliation: United Citizens Federation Role(s): Engineer (Sapper) Kin: Paul Fitzgerald, Maeve Fitzgerald, Mary Jane Fitzgerald, Mary Anne Fitzgerald, June Fitzgerald, Jeanne Fitzgerald, Elizabeth Fitzgerald, Victoria Fitzgerald, and Paul Fitzgerald Jr. Homeworld: Terra Alignment: Neutral Good Hair color: Brunette Eye color: Hazel Build: Lithe Rank: 2Spc. (Pfc.) Character Description: A young woman standing at about five feet and seven inches, with her skin being fair and her eyes being hazel, as well as her hair being brunette, put up in a medium length ponytail. She would have a rather lithe frame, and usually stand in a way that would exaggerate this, being rather timid in her stance. Not only timid in her stance, would she be, but too, timid in her social interaction, often avoiding eye contact to those with which she might converse. She would speak with a standard mid Atlantic US accent, nothing too out of the ordinary but her soft, often difficult to hear voice, and her immense stuttering. Her uniform would be moderately clean and proper, though at times certainly sub-optimal depending on the situation. She would wear round prescription glasses, the lenses of which would be scratched, and the frame, bent in areas. Characteristics: Nervous, anxious, apprehensive, neurotic, stammering, flustered, confused, perplexed, embarrassed. Habits (oft seen): Biting her lips (when nervous) Tapping her foot (when apprehensive) Crossing her legs, then switching them (when anxious) Blushing (when embarrassed) Crossing her arms tightly (when nervous) Looking down to the floor (when embarrassed) Breathing heavily (when anxious) Repeatedly scratching the back of her neck (when nervous) Stuttering (all the time) Stammering and stuttering more than usual for her (when especially nervous or embarrassed; when her stutter is mentioned) Drawing cats and other cute animals in a notepad (when nothing else to do) Studying the Combat Engineering Training Guide (during free time)