Noviix

• Last visited

Everything posted by Noviix

1. Noviix

Anderson Kayne

Done along with relationship title updates.
  2. 00:59:35 - Sgt. Sebastian Bently: Hey- that's no way to talk to me. I'm a big fancy important Sergeant so you should kiss my ass and say sorry right now. 00:59:48 - Sgt. Sebastian Bently: Or else down the ladder you go, Ape.
  3. Rolling is fine when it's used properly. If you want to play a marksman as an admin and shoot someone in a group that bad, make them all roll and whoever gets the lowest under a threshold will get shot, not instantly die. Meaning if the threshold is 30 and everyone rolls something above 30, even if the lowest is 31, no one gets shot ; But if two people roll under 30, say 29, 20, the person who rolled a 20 gets shot but not instantly killed. Don't do some shit where you just pick someone and /event it. If you are playing an event character you should not be able to no clip, look at two players who are trained on you, un-noclip, unlock a door with no RP, kill them both, and ask for rolls for wounds. That's when this roll system is stupid and people have a reason to complain. If you use it as intended there is no need for this forum discussion to even take place. When someone runs off by themselves, or is rambo'ing, just something really stupid, I say insta PK them because that's how it should be, discourage that behavior. If someone is doing something rambo'ish within reason, perhaps a heroic moment where they should expect a possible PK, apply the roll system as we have it now. If someone is meticulously acting everything out that they need to, taking precautions and the like, they shouldn't get fucked and if they are really in a position where they are going to, they shouldn't get fucked that bad. TL;DR - Just apply the roll system fairly, there shouldn't be a standardized system that is applied to every situation because every situation is different. It also never hurts to ask the player if they are alright being wounded, critically wounded, or PK'd if the situation calls for it. These are simple things that can be taken into account and please a majority. I don't see the system of PK's changing drastically by any means, it doesn't need to to be fair, it just needs to be slightly altered to be more situational and that's how RP always should be, situation by situation.
  4. Noviix

Zealious Odin

Anderson Kayne.
  5. right so if they are gonna alt tab anyway, let them, it's an RP server, there should be some. And by ONLY having 'shooty shooty' stuff, you are only pleasing one side when you could have both segments. also let's not get off topic, its more so about pks not so much about event speed, i just brought it up to support my opinions.
  6. In all honesty if people just took the time to med rp themselves without carrying on through every mission like a tank they might see leniency in sudden /events detailing their death. i think the amount of deaths currently per mission aren’t even that bad, it’s usually a result of stupid things person A and B did. If you are someone who gets shot a lot, killed OOC, or whatever it may be, and you rp injuries you should be given a little more praise for actually acknowledging that you are wounded and taking yourself out of the event for a little bit. There needs to be a change of pace with that though. I rarely see events with enough down time or a relatively PK safe place to sit and med rp and I believe that is anti-fun and unfair. Not only does this encourage pushing through wounds to keep up with everyone and avoid PKs but with any other system it’d still encourage running ahead with everyone or you’re left wide open to a /event bug ambush or /event you are sniped for hanging back. Though I do agree with@Appetite Ruining Kebab
  7. If you are going to devote time into a server that is based around a game/movie/book/etc. which happens to revolve around a Military combating unworldly beings and huge arachnid forces and happens to also have an INSANELY HIGH mortality rate, you should expect this sort of thing. However I believe medics should have a chance to pretty much save anyone besides terrible rolls like single digits. That's not to say just kill everyone off with rolling, but with the way the events go in such a gung ho fashion without much time to slow down, it's very difficult for the medics to even have a chance to save people because if they do they'll likely be left behind. That's what happened tonight with TSgt. Genevieve Vermillion, one wounded and everyone storms off INCLUDING THE APC, ends up in a death, maybe even two if someone is put at fault. Personally I don't have a problem with rolling in this setting, but I do understand people's gripes about rolling, and do see room for improvement in terms of Medical RP and how it could prevent tons of "chance PKs" if they just had a little time and a chance to save their wounded. For those who might never have done MedRP, some medics truly love when someone is critically wounded and can get in-depth with their RP, under fire or not, it makes for a story and a badass moment if they pull their patient through. Kind of rushed this, so it may sound stupid, I'll elaborate my points in the future.
  8. Noviix

Anderson Kayne

<::Processing Request::> >Opening File... >Opening File... -File Start- Anderson Kayne Private Anderson Kayne listening to General Martin's message to Sanctuary Theme: - General Information - Birth Name: Anderson Christopher Kayne Alias: 'Kanye' Gender: Male Ethnicity: Caucasian Age: 24 Date of Birth: July 13th, 2274 Place of Birth: Boston, Massachusetts, Terra Height: 6'0" Weight: 164 lbs Blood Type: A- Build: Athletic Mesomorph Eye Color: Hazel-Brown Hair Color: Dark Brown Mental State: Sane Personality Classification: INFP-T (Mediator) Alignment: True Neutral - Medical History & Information - Minor Impairments: N/A Major Impairments: N/A Scars/Other Distinguishing Marks: Scars litter Kayne’s body, mostly across his arms and legs. His lower left leg is replaced by a Biotech and the rest of it is heavily burned and contorted. His chest shows visual signs of injury with four large scars from bullet wounds. Left Hand is replaced by a Biotech, Wrist is visibly scarred. >112th Medical Record< - Family - Mother - Amy Kayne | Maiden Name: Jones - Alive - Civilian Nurse Father - Grayson Kayne - Deceased - Federation Serviceman - Pre-Service Records - Education: High School Diploma Grade Point Average: 3.2 College Education/Majors: N/A Criminal Record: N/A - Federation Service Records - Branch of Service: Mobile Infantry Current Service Unit: 112th Mobile Infantry Battalion, 31st Morita Regiment Age of Enlistment: 20 Total Deployments: NOT YET APPLICABLE Military Accolades: Service Record: Current Rank: Private First Class >Promotion Record< >Training & Qualifications< >Noteworthy Photos/Videos< - Personal Relations -Loved / Interested / Best Friends / Close / Respect / Friends / Like / Acquainted / Neutral / Disliked / Hated † = Deceased -File End- >Closing File... >Closing File... :>Returning to Federation Service Records Database<: