Solitaire

• Last visited

Everything posted by Solitaire

1. ** Pfc. Steven Hartcourt flourishes into a bow. "Lord Quentin McBuggery at your service!" He says as if addressing someone in a period drama. LCpl. Roki Bosanac says "You hurt me." LCpl. Roki Bosanac says "My nose is bad enough." LCpl. Roki Bosanac says "Stop making my soul scream."
  2. When life gets tough remember; you're a pussy. " " - Pvt. Steven Hartcout's motto Basic Information Name: Steven Hartcourt Place of Birth: Tango Urilla Date of Birth: 14th Feb 2278 Age: 21 Earth Years Gender: Male Height: 6'2 Physical Description: Weight: 190 pounds Hair colour: Dark Brown Eye colour: Blue flawed with Green Distinguishing Features: -Deep laceration scar that starts at the left brow then cuts down over the eye and into the cheek -Near full body tattoos of a Gang and Tribal pattern, among those present are marks of those in the Urilla Guerillas, Void Movers and a Federation Flag which has been drawn over another tattoo -Burn scar tissue on the back of his calves -Bio-Tech Replacement for right forearm Military Information Rank: Lance Corporal Branch: Mobile Infantry Date of Enlistment: 28th October 2298 Years of Service: 0 Service Record: -16 Combat Drops -2 Ship Defenses -1 War Games -Passed Basic, finished course as a Squad Leader -Promoted to Private -Certified Grenadier (Basic Tier) -Promoted to Private First Class -Completed 10 Combat Drops -Promoted to Lance Corporal -Certified Grenadier (Intermediate Tier) -Lost Right Arm in Service to the Federation Personal Information Family: Martin Blake - Father; Citizen - Killed in a terrorist attack aged 30 - 13th July 2286, Tango Urilla Julie Blake - Mother; Civilian - Killed in a terrorist attack aged 28 - 13th July 2286, Tango Urilla Nina Blake - Sister; Civilian - Missing; Presumed Deceased aged 13 - 13th July 2286, Tango Urilla Yancy Greer - Legal Guardian; Criminal - Wanted on charges of terrorism - Location unknown Backstory: Born as Kyle Blake on Tango Urilla to Martin and Julie Blake, married that same year. His father Martin was a Mobile Infantry Veteran with a distinguished service record while his mother worked as a school teacher. Rooted firmly in Federation support and benefits Martin Blake was a spokesman for the Federation on the struggling world who would often try to cool the dissent exhibited by the populace but would equally work on the side of those who felt they were being harmed by the Federation to give them aid when the desert planet proved too taxing to them, he was a man of the people and a Citizen of proud stock who with his wife worked toward the betterment of all persons. However, with the Bug Wars, the Progenitors and Civil Strife more and more he began to lose support as his promises came across as empty and unfulfilled. As logistics failed so too did security, and while hosting a food drive and medical outreach anti-Federation gang the Urilla Guerrillas struck at the meagre Mobile Infantry security detail and in the ensuing chaos many lives were lost; this day came to be known as the Sandbleak Massacre in which 40 innocent people were killed including Martin and Julie Blake with their eldest child Nina being declared missing. Kyle Blake as he was then was taken in by Yancy Greer, his affiliations then unknown but whom was also a Citizen of the Federation with a Naval Service Record, Greer raised the boy in a hostile live and let die environment within the Urilla Guerrillas in which drug abuse, trafficking and violence was an everyday occurrence. And during his childhood Kyle was often arrested for juvenile acts of theft, violence and vandalism, taught to steal, taught to fight the boy's life was not easy but it hardened him. An event of note was when a turf war erupted between the Urilla Guerrillas and their rivals Blake was cut from left brow to left cheek by a knife wielded by an older man who was then killed by Greer who instead of helping the boy to his feet broke his ribs. The environment was toxic and lethal but Kyle Blake survived it, he was also aware it was not a life worth living and sought to escape it. Enlightened by his last arrest by the Federal Armed Services in his interrogation Blake was promised immunity in exchange for the names and hideouts of the Urilla Guerrillas leaders. Which he obliged and to the surprise of everyone was let go for the trouble. Yancy Greer has been a wanted man on the run ever since 2295. With his freedom Kyle would find work briefly on the trade routes that had been established with the resurgence of Terra, it was the wild west of mercantile dealings and in truth was little better than smuggling and piracy. Kyle was locked into this life via blackmail and carried on as his employers wished, learning to helm a freighter and space walk while being subjected to more and more violence. Different to the times in the gangs of Tango Urilla only in that the battles were fought in space and on space stations, Kyle once again urged himself to escape this life and with his only anchor being the knowledge of the boss he worked for that would condemn him were it released he would kill the man in his sleep, not his first homicide ergo the blackmail and turn the freighter and it's contents in to the Federation once again in exchange for immunity, but this one came with another condition. Kyle had shown wit, survivability and to a lesser extend loyalty. He was a survivor and in exchange for his freedom he was to Enlist into Federal Service to serve a term, the Federation always has need of men and why waste a resource? Was the reasoning of Master Sergeant Bernice Gallagher - 34th Moritas, Tango Urilla Garrison. Once again his freedom conditional on the whims of someone with material to his misconduct Kyle requested a legal change of identity to show his commitment to the deal; from this was born Steven Hartcourt Mobile Infantry Recruit. Hobbies: - Dune Boarding (Probably a half decent snow boarder) - Card Games Occupations: - Freighter Pilot and Gunner Characteristics: -Jack-the-Lad -Champion of the Downtrodden -Wise-Guy -Slow to Trust -Believes in a Class Divide -Social Drinker Strengths & Weaknesses: Strengths; -Physically Strong, - Resistant to Illness, - Adapted to harsher arid climates | Weaknesses; -Mentally Average, -Not agile, -Vulnerable to Psychological and Psi-Attacks as a result of mental trauma Other Information: Extensive Juvenile Criminal record, no convictions, several arrests. Bio-Tech Prosthetic(s): Personal Relationships Key: Name - [Professional Relationship/Social Relationship] - Comment Aaron Holtz - [Trusted Superior/Admired] - Known as the "Dad of the MI" it began as me following a joke, but looking back on it Holtz really is a bit of a father figure despite how young he is, literally a few years older than me and that's it. I was always told that the Mobile Infantry would age a man beyond his years mentally, and that pretty much holds true. We have a laugh at each other's expense on the regular, he's stoic, professional but he also cares enough to ask you in a group how you're feeling. I wonder how our professional relationship will change now he's given me a shot at squad command. Well, I won't let him down. Jackie Knoxx - [Professional Superior/Acquaintance] - We haven't had much cause to speak about anything that wasn't small talk, but Knoxx is one of the more recognisable field leaders I've served under on several occasions and even alongside. She's a reasonable sort but quite reserved and quiet, she either has a lot on her mind or nothing much to say but that in itself lends a measure of respectability. Weston MacDonnel - [Comrade/Friendly] - Haven't seen him in a hot minute, but I checked the memorial and he's not on there which means it's just been ill fortune that we haven't crossed paths recently. Mac is a funny guy and a real good conversationalist, and he's such a surfer dude. I called him a nark the other day and his reaction was priceless. Hecle Phan - [Trusted Comrade/Friendly] - So he's basically the ship celebrity these days, I've remarked in the past how he's much better at the social thing than I am and welp! Seems to have paid off for him, he's got a gaggle of pals who care about him, he's getting wounded a lot these days so I hope he learns from it, losing Phan would break a lot of hearts...If it comes down to it; I'll put myself in the way of that killing blow. Gwendolyn Reece - [Professional Comrade/Interested] - Reece isn't one of the people I've talked too since I first got here, we first met when Holtz began his spree of taunting me, it's okay he loves all of his children equally. Reece is one of those who is in on the gag and calls me the "Disappointing Middle Child". In all seriousness though I like being around her, we come from similar backgrounds being kids of desert colonies and when it came to being deployed to Kredia where there was snow I think we bonded a little deeper than I have with others. I'd call us friends, as for anything else...well, pretty sure it's one sided. Greg - [Indebted/Friendly] - The big guy, I call him Mongo as an homage to a very old western parody. He's big, strong, fierce and yet is as gentle as a puppy so long as you aren't acting on the side of moral bad. I've had a few encounters with him where he's bruised me by accident and he's one of the few people I will never tell about my past. I get the impression he'd never look at me the same way again. But according to the reports, he carried my useless ass through the city subway system while I hung off of him like a limp prick. I have no memory of it, but I heard I wasn't his only burden, he kept up the fight while holding us. The man probably saved my life, so I owe him one. Oakwood - [Trusted Comrade/Friendly] - Oakey is one of the first people I've properly commanded in battle, he's responsive and cool headed. Always seems to pop up in life when you least expect it, he's a good sort and recently lost his leg to a tanker. I wasn't there for it but apparently Asper is going to pull some strings for him, a lonely Private, to get on the bio-tect waiting list. He's a good trooper, valuable even and a decent pal at that. He's all smiles despite his loss, gotta admire that. Grace Corbin - [Departed/Liked] - Corbin was great, I use the past tense because she appears to have departed. We never spoke on-the-level that much except for a brief stint after Operation DMW where I thought I had gotten bitten by an infected child but I know her well by reputation enough to know that many of the crew will miss her. She always had a certain aura about her, she was someone you wanted to approach and talk too, for a Medic you'd hope that were the standard however I have no drive to approach Miller and Leeds with anything, Corbin however different story, and whatever shit she was dealing with on a personal level...perhaps I ought to have reached out as the plain speaking uninvolved colleague, I dunno. I hope she comes back, but FedNet crucified the 112th over the RnR on Iksander and the citizens will want a scape goat. I wish her all the best, and like I said hope she finds her way back soon. There are a lot of people who rely on her to be their bedrock. Jane Evans - [Professional Superior/Stranger] How can a bloke be expected to not like the one who praises him? Apparently my actions on my third drop were enough for a promotion and a literal pat on the back from the boss-lady. She knows how to relax too which are additional points in her favour. Reckon she'll be a rank climber. Chips Dubbo - [Comrade/Friendly] - A cuter model of a grunt pool resident like myself, we've talked, laughed and shared some tense silences. Might be my imagination but I sense sparks. Davenport - [Comrade/Friendly] - Recent acquaintance but we're already racking out the banter, I reckon we'll be firm friends. Cait Donovan - [Trusted Comrade/Acquaintance] - Engineer, charming accent and wacky from front to back-y. Hat trick. Did a stint with her in a squad for a time she'll be the first to whip out that M55 of hers, even saved the squad from a crumbling building with her quick witted decision to get us a rappel line from the roof of a crumbling building. Can't much dislike anyone for savin' ya now can you? Jeremy Hawkins - [Comrade/Liked] - When I first met Hawkins all he did was spit shade at me, honestly thought I'd grow tired of him and clock him, but I restrained myself and I can see now he doesn't have an angle on me, he's just a fun lover. We got locked in the freezer together and that was a bonding moment, naturally he had to rip on me for losing my arm, he's a decent sort, fought with him a couple times but I can't really give more than; he's not as bad as I thought he would be. Ajax Drivas - [Comrade/Friendly] -One of the Marauders, definitely the one I've seen most in both the on-duty and off-duty theatres. He seems calm, collected and he loves his military hardware. Pretty enclosed though and I prefer those who are more open. We've all got scars big guy, but if they ain't crippling you they ain't worth living for. Erhart Von Strattman - [Indebted/Liked] - The man who saved my life if my chart is correct, patched me up when my prospects were low and I have to assume he asked Greg to carry me. I've never been hit that bad before but having a talented guy like Erhart on medical's payroll makes me feel more at ease. I owe him my life, and my right arm, he literally put me back together and I'll never forget it. He's a bit deceptive on the eyes, you might think he's a woman at first glance, but, well, the proportions are all wrong. He's a good 'un and will want for nothing from me. Seamus Leeds - [So-So Comrade/Acquaintance] - Guys called Leeds are bad juju around here, I'm not entirely sure whether it's the same guy but if it is; he's managed to shoot a civilian, nearly kill himself drinking and misdiagnosed Davenport as having been given bad CPR. And he's a Medic you say? Well damn, the bugs better watch out. In the field Leeds is...something of a half and half, while he's improved he still has the special awareness of a house fly at times. He can get better though. Alessandro Noveillo - [Comrade/Acquaintance] - Seen a bit of this guy with Oakwood so I have to assume he's good people, an engineer too so I would wager it's more than just a hamster in an endless loop upstairs. Given he's pals with Oakwood I should take the time to get to know him, can't be all bad given the company he keeps. Aaron Carter - [So-So Superior/Acquaintance] I've never known a more enthusiastic second in command, even if he ain't elected to the position he'll jump on in I can't say I like the kind of rank chasing he does. He wants so bad for Corporal it's more like lust. Okazaki - [Trusted Superior/Acquaintance] - A Sergeant that fills in the line without much to his credit, don't know him off the field well enough to give a proper opinion. Garro - [Deceased] - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Journal Entries Entry 1 29th October 2298 On the road Entry 2 6th November 2298 In the mix Entry 3 25th December 2298 Pseudo-Furlough Entry 4 28th January 2299 A different kind of walk Entry 5 15th February 2299 Feeling shined Entry 6 28th March 2299 On our way
  3. I had only the server content at first. Then I tried the dedi pack no change. I get the impression it’s probably literally a problem I myself have had. Edit 1: Fixed it, but it required a fresh steam install. Didn't get around to trying your method @Xalphox My thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
  4. @Xalphox Sure I’ll try it tomorrow if I don’t get any results, I appreciate the efforts of the admin team to try to aid me in my very individual problem. So, thank you all.
  5. No other mods from other communities no. I did a fresh install of everything except steam, no change. Just finished DLing the ENTIRE Dedi pack as suggested by a member of staff so we'll see. If it doesn't work, well. Yeah didn't work, have to assume it's a bad file. I'll work on it.
  6. I have indeed. Edit: I'm going to try a clean installation of Half Life and GarrysMod Edit 2: Even that did not work.
  7. I checked back in the threads to see if anyone else had this issue. But since downloading the content for this server I've had these texture issues happen with...what I can only assume is the base HL2 heads. Does anyone know of a fix. Thus far I have tried, deleting all my addons in case of clashes and reinstalling everything, verifying the integrity of game cache, mat_specular command and even dismounting and remounting Half Life 2. Side Info -I have every single HL2 Title and CSS installed and mounted
  8. You get used to it. Pah! You don't get used to shit, the fear and the anxiety persist. It's acting in spite of those that you need to temper. " " - Petty Officer Venturelli Basic Information Name: Aidano Venturelli Place of Birth: Hasperus Date of Birth: 14th July 2270 Age: 27 Gender: Male Height: 6'2 Physical Description: Weight: Manual labourers built, broad in the chest and muscular in the legs and arms. Hair colour: Black Eye colour: Brown Military Information Rank: Recruit Private (Mi) Branch: Mobile Infantry Date of Enlistment: 18th October 2297 Years of Service: 1 Service Record: -Enlisted into Fleet -Promoted to Crewman Apprentice following maiden service aboard the USS Hadrian Stockton -Promoted to Petty Officer for actions in combat in the department of Engineering -Transferred to Mobile Infantry of own volition Personal Information Family: Like all families from Hasperus there was a close knit almost ritualistic bond between the Venturelli family to begin with, some might stereotype them as typical Italians. However a conflict of interest over inheritance from a family member sharply segmented them. Aidano distanced himself from his immediate family to work on his career in one of the many shipyards where he remained for several years. He met his to-be wife while working there, Maria Fiora then Lieutenant Fiora a citizen of the Federation. Married for a year before deciding they wanted children, among other motivations, Aidano enlisted in Federal service shortly thereafter. Backstory: From age 15 Aidano was embedded with a work ethic by his family, they lived comfortably due to the sheer size of that family and thusly the amount of jobs they had and the income they brought in. Aidano was always the black sheep in this regard, independent and introverted for all intents and purposes a typical teenager. But the work ethic spouted an interest in a career in the shipyards of Hasperus, studying engineering while putting in extra hours in construction it was a career he'd stick to for 9 years. Meeting his wife Maria when his conduct on the job, in saving a starship and workers from a fire, earned him a Civilian Recognition Award and from there their relationship took off. Married shortly after and about a year afterwards deciding they wanted children, Maria already a citizen made an application for a license easy, but guaranteed results needed them both to have their Citizenship authenticated. This with some leftover Venturelli patriarchal grounding in duty to one's family lead Aidano to enlist in Fleet, slated for the engineering track which he established himself in within a year gaining the rank of Petty Officer. His experience as a shipyard foreman contributing to this climb. However, a year and change into Federal Service Aidano began to resent his rank, NCO's were under a much larger microscope than E-3s and down and as time went on he saw the politics of the job too. Without resigning to ensure he could complete his term he asked for a transfer to the Mobile Infantry where he planned to keep his head down with a support role and cruise through what remained of his service so that he could go home to his wife a fully franchised citizen and start a family. Characteristics: Brawny, Confrontational, Honest, Short-Tempered, Average Intelligence, Positive Work Ethic, Fantastic Chef. Strengths & Weaknesses: Physically Strong, Mentally Fortuitous and Multi-Lingual. While being; Abrasive, Arrogant and Overtly Masculine Other Information: His tattoo on his arm reads "bella gerant alii" - let others wage war usually a peace keepers fall back, but became the motto of the Venturelli family as a synonym for implied duty of a man.