Civil War reboot

Xalphox

• Executive Administrator

Hi all,

As mentioned in a previous thread, the civil war storyline has been somewhat on hold thanks to a series of trips abroad and an unexpected bout of illness that put me in the hospital for a few days (yay for socialized healthcare). 

The original plan was to run a campaign for the invasion of Faraway but the general impression I'm getting is that everyone is sick of fighting the Draconians and frankly it would be unwise for me in my present state to run a Omega-style 3 day campaign so soon after a serious illness. Therefore we're going to draw a line of that and celebrate our victory over the god damn separatists.

The State of the Union

TheCivilWar.png?X-CloudApp-Visitor-Id=19

(https://d3vv6lp55qjaqc.cloudfront.net/items/2c2z1S1p412o2a3e0E2n/TheCivilWar.png?X-CloudApp-Visitor-Id=1972837&v=6679cbac)

The Centauran Empire and the Draconian Hegemony are no more: the former voluntarily becoming an equal partner with the Sixth Fleet in order to form the self-titled "Coalition", and latter falling to the combined might of this new grand Coalition. 

The great war between Sanctuary and the Federal Unionists has locked what were originally the two greatest factions into what seemed to be a death spiral, and has taken many millions of lives - but the outcome of the war has become ever more clear as the Unionists lose the vast majority of their territory, including their capital. It seems they are casting their final death throes - after this, it can all but be assumed that Sanctuary will once again turn their gaze southwards.

The business-minded Colonial Confederation, made up of some of the largest corporations within the former UCF, have bided their time, remaining cordial with Sanctuary through a policy of compliance and non-confrontation whilst continuing to maintain trading relationships with all other partners (except the Unionists who Sanctuary forced the Confederation to stop trading with some time ago). 

The Coalition (headed by the Sixth Fleet alongside the remnants of the Centauran Empire and the conquered Draconian Hegemony) now find themselves to be the second biggest successor state after Sanctuary - and with the Unionists in clear decline, it is clear who will be next in Sanctuary's sights.

A war council will convene this evening to discuss a plan of action.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1
  • Creative 1
2 hours ago, Xalphox said:

Hi all,

As mentioned in a previous thread, the civil war storyline has been somewhat on hold thanks to a series of trips abroad and an unexpected bout of illness that put me in the hospital for a few days (yay for socialized healthcare). 

The original plan was to run a campaign for the invasion of Faraway but the general impression I'm getting is that everyone is sick of fighting the Draconians and frankly it would be unwise for me in my present state to run a Omega-style 3 day campaign so soon after a serious illness. Therefore we're going to draw a line of that and celebrate our victory over the god damn separatists.

The State of the Union

TheCivilWar.png?X-CloudApp-Visitor-Id=19

(https://d3vv6lp55qjaqc.cloudfront.net/items/2c2z1S1p412o2a3e0E2n/TheCivilWar.png?X-CloudApp-Visitor-Id=1972837&v=6679cbac)

The Centauran Empire and the Draconian Hegemony are no more: the former voluntarily becoming an equal partner with the Sixth Fleet in order to form the self-titled "Coalition", and latter falling to the combined might of this new grand Coalition. 

The great war between Sanctuary and the Federal Unionists has locked what were originally the two greatest factions into what seemed to be a death spiral, and has taken many millions of lives - but the outcome of the war has become ever more clear as the Unionists lose the vast majority of their territory, including their capital. It seems they are casting their final death throes - after this, it can all but be assumed that Sanctuary will once again turn their gaze southwards.

The business-minded Colonial Confederation, made up of some of the largest corporations within the former UCF, have bided their time, remaining cordial with Sanctuary through a policy of compliance and non-confrontation whilst continuing to maintain trading relationships with all other partners (except the Unionists who Sanctuary forced the Confederation to stop trading with some time ago). 

The Coalition (headed by the Sixth Fleet alongside the remnants of the Centauran Empire and the conquered Draconian Hegemony) now find themselves to be the second biggest successor state after Sanctuary - and with the Unionists in clear decline, it is clear who will be next in Sanctuary's sights.

A war council will convene this evening to discuss a plan of action.

About what time will this meeting be? 

• Useful 1
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Fitz said:

We've been having a lot of bug events recently, maybe only slightly below 50%.

Have those actually been fleshed out story missions, or bugs for the sake of bugs because:

On 19/02/2018 at 5:01 PM, Xalphox said:

everyone is sick of fighting the Draconians

- ?