Sanctuary: The Draconians Mk.II (But a bit worse)

Fitz

So, it seems my last post did quite well indeed in addressing the issues we had with a lack of arachnid events,  and now we have a sufficient amount of arachnid events which are quite fun and nicely done in my opinion. Something else was brought up in that post, an opinion that the Draconian were just too easy and therefore not very fun. I was really quite looking forwards to our encounter and subsequent war with Sanctuary, expecting a large clash at the start like was done for the Draconian campaign, the most fun I'd had in that particular campaign. I thought it only to be harder in the newer campaign. Instead we got quite a weak start, we slipped in to rescue a Unionist, which was all quite easy. I can't imagine it being any easier, having no PK's that I can remember and no hitches. We sort of weakly slid into the war, no clash to speak of. Since it has started, I have been thoroughly disappointed with the events. A few have been of quite good quality, but simply no fun. There has been one in which a group of Sanctuary pathfinders infiltrated the ship, the best of the best, and were able to cause havoc, but not a single casualty at all. Two recent events were having to do with certain death camps, an appeal of pathos I suppose. These events have been quite interesting, but again, thoroughly enjoyable to me. At this point I just play this server for the passive RP, and the missions if anything are only a drag because they are just TOO EASY! I think myself not the only one with this opinion, and I believe the core aspect with made server so alluring (the high PK counts) has been lost, and I legitimately cannot remember the last time someone died. With NCO's running around back and forth on the front, standing on the crest of a hill in plain sight of a military base we are supposed to be infiltrating, it seems because they are of high rank they are invincible. This is the opposite of what is supposed to happen.

As with the Draconians, I could not imagine us ever losing a battle given the current state of things.

@Archer We need your events please ;-; 

tl;dr TOO EASY!

Fitz, as someone who's ran easy simple missions with not so scary enemies (see some of my target designation missions) as well as incredibly difficult missions against highly trained and heavily equipped bloodthirsty killer commandos (see ANY than sol mission) I can tell you that you're looking for something that just doesn't really exist. 

There are no perfect missions and you just simply can't please everyone. 

Im all for improvement where improvement need be, but this isn't something you can force. Even the most seasoned admins will shit out a fart every now and again. 

Lastly, you don't want an @Archer mission unless you want 6 hour missions on complete improv mode (not that improv is wrong, Russians just can't do improv, last time they tried they killed like a fourth of their population)

• Winner 1
1 minute ago, Durango said:

Fitz, as someone who's ran easy simple missions with not so scary enemies (see some of my target designation missions) as well as incredibly difficult missions against highly trained and heavily equipped bloodthirsty killer commandos (see ANY than sol mission) I can tell you that you're looking for something that just doesn't really exist. 

There are no perfect missions and you just simply can't please everyone. 

Im all for improvement where improvement need be, but this isn't something you can force. Even the most seasoned admins will shit out a fart every now and again. 

Lastly, you don't want an @Archer mission unless you want 6 hour missions on complete improv mode (not that improv is wrong, Russians just can't do improv, last time they tried they killed like a fourth of their population)

It's not that some are bad, it's that all are bad. It's not a difficult fix either, just harder events and you're away.

@Fitz

If you are looking for possibly upping the difficulty, I'm sure this could be translated, recently it when it comes down to events some people believe they could be easy, from my experience I Have seen the infantry play it safe, but even when some admin crank up the difficulty to the point of PKing people's characters, I know from some community members who AVOID those people's events just to save their chars, so it's a double edged blade.

2 minutes ago, Cipher said:

@Fitz

If you are looking for possibly upping the difficulty, I'm sure this could be translated, recently it when it comes down to events some people believe they could be easy, from my experience I Have seen the infantry play it safe, but even when some admin crank up the difficulty to the point of PKing people's characters, I know from some community members who AVOID those people's events just to save their chars, so it's a double edged blade.

If they are trying to avoid a PK that is their own fault, and can make a "throwaway" if they wish (though I am opposed to the idea). If you honestly are that afraid of the slight chance of a PK (Archer events are more understandable to avoid) in that it only might happen, this might not be he server for you, or at least it shouldn't be. I am not asking for six PK's an event like sometimes Archer does, not even one every time, but rather just more than we have right now. It certainly has been weeks since the last PK I can remember. When I mean more difficult, I don;t mean more spamming of NPC's either, more having the gall to put the playerbase into a difficult situation with difficult choices that must be made.

4 minutes ago, Cipher said:

@Fitz I understand your position, I do agree sometimes missions where the infantry shit on a company is a bit WTF? But I do believe it can be adjusted, finding the balance between fun and difficulty is funny enough very difficult

I fully agree. I am not advocating for events every day in which three people even are PK'd, but ultimately that might be best, there is no way we can be certain, so we must see and find the balance as you said. One thing is certain though, it needs to be more difficult and admins must be willing to hand out a couple PK's every now and again.

@Fitz

Yeah, upping the amount of PK's has been a controversial issue for sometime, it usually depends on a number of factors which can be, situational, wrong place wrong time, or the infantry rushing through the event diliberstly. there could be factors that decrease or increase the chances of a Pk during missions that players are not aware off.

12 minutes ago, Cipher said:

@Fitz

Yeah, upping the amount of PK's has been a controversial issue for sometime, it usually depends on a number of factors which can be, situsitional, wrong place wrong time, or the infantry rushing through the event diliberstly. there could be factors that decrease or increase the chances of a Pk during missions that players are not aware off.

Already there are quite a few of these things, like hostage situations dealt with dismally yet nobody is ever hurt even, certainly not PK'd. My character should have been PK's when stabbed in the lower back by a Sanctuary pathfinder as she was also unloaded onto by an operative with a pistol from the front, her whole mag hitting the pathfinder holding my character with somehow only one bullet hitting her. It's just that admins are afraid to PK people.

Also need more difficult situations though, but there are already some.

3 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Already there are quite a few of these things, like hostage situations dealt with dismally yet nobody is ever hurt even, certainly not PK'd. My character should have been PK's when stabbed in the lower back by a Sanctuary pathfinder as she was also unloaded onto by an operative with a pistol from the front, her whole mag hitting the pathfinder holding my character with somehow only one bullet hitting her. It's just that admins are afraid to PK people.

Tbh, if you hadn't survived, I wouldn't have been able to make a double pentration joke.  So, thanks for living I guess

15 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Im just good at my job.

P.S, I try run difficult missions. Admins usually like them and so do dropleads at times. But theres always a complaint of,"Oh, that was too hard.", and sometimes that is the truth. No mission is cut a dry, intel is wrong, and Arachnids are Arachnids. 

Ive also seen many players get put in bad situations while In rp, but due to the nature of almost always winning here, they get "Offended", and try to get their way out of it in someway.

Its hard to balance everything. Too difficult, too easy, too boring. This is what I hear all the time in TS during drops. The only time people havent complained is when Orwell, and Cursed Jester ran events. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lalatina said:

Im just good at my job.

P.S, I try run difficult missions. Admins usually like them and so do dropleads at times. But theres always a complaint of,"Oh, that was too hard.", and sometimes that is the truth. No mission is cut a dry, intel is wrong, and Arachnids are Arachnids. 

Please do more in that case.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf Moosefucker said:

I will admit:

Nier does really fucking awesome missions. His approach to them is unique, and therefore more appealing and interesting as they’re not ‘main-stream’... if that makes sense

I think I get what you mean, but how do you define "mainstream" please? Just for clarity, I think it would add to the thread.

Just now, Maple Leaf Moosefucker said:

If one person does ‘an event where we have to help unionists but then we find out they were killed by arachnids,’ admins will then just do missions where ‘we help unionists only to find out they were killed by arachnids.’

Good example. I can't tell you how many times I've seen those events.

• Xalphox locked and unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Xalphox said:

The core Civil War plot line plays at the rate at which I'm free and available, and the last one was less than a fortnight ago. 

Yes, but this doesn't mean the events that aren't in the core plot line can't be difficult and fun. I do though believe that the core plot line has been less fun than what it was with the Draconians, though that can't be changed now.

I would suggest more PK's and possibly losing a battle every now and again for both the core plot line events and others.