Federal Council Club details.

Admyral Joe

This thread is just an explanation on what the Federal Council Club is, and, if you're on the discord, the "Terran Federation Government" section which was put in Announcements.

In a short tl;dr of it. It is you getting to act as a System Governor and control a colony (Or colonies if there are more in the planetary system.) Which can directly lead to events occuring on the server.

Long version is that me and @Argon are currently working on a system of colony control where a player or admin will take control of a planetary system, and help that colony grow, and expand. For said player/admin to create laws for the World, ranging from introducing population laws to relatively benign laws like restricting dogs from the world.

At present, you can create laws, trade between colonies and have events occur ranging from finding new minerals to permanently increase the resource production of that colony to be the number one producer in the Federation, to the possibility of suffering a bug invasion while you have a VEI 8 Eruption.  We hope to eventually get enough people involved to recreate the Council of the Federation, with each individual at the meetings getting their own vote to decide Federal policy.

We hope this will increase interest in the Colonies and promote players who had an interest in what occured at the beginning of the Civil war with the rts elements. How does it look currently?

bmdRZRL.jpg

With the colonies currently, we will produce an image like this one (Which will need changing as Hod isn't under their control any more.) where you are given a brief overview of what is going right and what is going wrong with the colony as well as linking the wiki page of their system in a spoiler so they can be read if you don't know it off by heart. After that, when it is your colony's turn you'll be asked to roll for your event. We have ensured that rolling a 1 is not always horrific, and rolling a 100 is not always the best option.

More information will come in the future. However, we will be looking for more testers (We hope to stress test it in the next month or so after this first month is over.) so if you're interested feel free to hit a post on this thread or message us in private.

3 hours ago, Troy Hughes said:

Is there anything I can try and help with or do for you guys? 

As of present the only way to help would be by being interested in joining as we run a very bare bones but functional version. The best way you could help if you want to join? Make yourself a colony. As of present, the majority of the colonies we have produce resources & wealth and need colonies which produce water & Food. So feel free to get in contact with Snow Wolf and get yourself your own little slice of space on the Star map.

1 hour ago, Admyral Joe said:

As of present the only way to help would be by being interested in joining as we run a very bare bones but functional version. The best way you could help if you want to join? Make yourself a colony. As of present, the majority of the colonies we have produce resources & wealth and need colonies which produce water & Food. So feel free to get in contact with Snow Wolf and get yourself your own little slice of space on the Star map.

How does one actually claim a system? I'd like to take Thorbjorg if I could.

9 hours ago, Fitz said:

How does one actually claim a system? I'd like to take Thorbjorg if I could. 

At present you claim it when you join up. There are some systems which are restricted (Such as Iskander & Earth/Mars when it is retaken) from being played. However, one can in effect reserve one if they intend to join but haven't got in just yet, so that they don't get dicked out of a colony.

On the 20th we intend to bring in 4 new people to our current collection of six including the two of us running it.  However, if interest is high enough, me and Argon can of course discuss the possibility of upping the number we take in to basically stress test earlier.  (Please note that I say possibility as nothing is set in stone and I don't want to get people's hopes up only to dash them.)

If you have any queries of what systems you can use as you don't wish to build your own, feel free to PM and I can give you a list.

1 hour ago, Admyral Joe said:

At present you claim it when you join up. There are some systems which are restricted (Such as Iskander & Earth/Mars when it is retaken) from being played. However, one can in effect reserve one if they intend to join but haven't got in just yet, so that they don't get dicked out of a colony.

On the 20th we intend to bring in 4 new people to our current collection of six including the two of us running it.  However, if interest is high enough, me and Argon can of course discuss the possibility of upping the number we take in to basically stress test earlier.  (Please note that I say possibility as nothing is set in stone and I don't want to get people's hopes up only to dash them.)

If you have any queries of what systems you can use as you don't wish to build your own, feel free to PM and I can give you a list.

Right well I'll be sure to join on the 20th then. Elixaeberna's culture and ongoing conflicts were all created by me and I know everything very well so that's what I'll stick with if I get in.

Oh an also, you'll need to invite me because I was denied entry once, lol.

That's fair. At present we're only having people who actually already control a colony in the group, just so that it is easier to keep track. Admins are able to add themselves to any club so there has been one or two discrepancies, but regardless. Gives anyone who has interest a good fortnight to get at least a WIP of their colony ready. We're only using colonies which are in the low millions or less in terms of population. As one would think that after losing around 6 billion on Earth, the Federation would want to directly control colonies with like six trillion colonists.

17 hours ago, Admyral Joe said:

Idk who Snow Wolf is honestly

12 hours ago, Admyral Joe said:

That's fair. At present we're only having people who actually already control a colony in the group, just so that it is easier to keep track. Admins are able to add themselves to any club so there has been one or two discrepancies, but regardless. Gives anyone who has interest a good fortnight to get at least a WIP of their colony ready. We're only using colonies which are in the low millions or less in terms of population. As one would think that after losing around 6 billion on Earth, the Federation would want to directly control colonies with like six trillion colonists.

You're only using colonies that small or just in general for the rest of time? Elixaeberna's my (trying to think of word other than overused 'baby'. . .) country bumpkin and it's got 1.7 billion. I assume I won't be able to control a colony in the group until the 20th?

Initially it is just colonies that low,yeah.  This is a balancing reason with it (As of present, the rule is that they can have a max population of 10 Million under rule.)  because a Colony with 1 Billion population in the current status would either be incredibly unstable or be able to solve every problem with every other planet in the Federation.

And yeah. While you can't control it until the 20th(As with a set rota it would completely throw it up in the air and put stuff off balance.) that does not mean you cannot plan in advance, about what you feel your colony would need, what laws to enact, etc. At present, issues with systems such as being partially controlled by Arachnids haven't been implemented beyond flavour text. However, we hope that by Month 3 or 4, to introduce these mechanics so that colonies with Arachnid presences may suffer raids on top of their standard events, or Radiation leaks / decreased population growth on planets such as Ulm which are irradiated.

As of present. The only reserved colonies are Castus, Faxx & Elixaeberna.  "Federally Important" colonies such as Iskander, Sanctuary & eventually Sol are restricted due to letting Xal do his Xal things and not getting in the way, but there's still an array of planets available, such as Faraway, Cassandra & Roku San.

Edited by Admyral Joe
Edited instead of making new post.

For a seamless transfer. If you wish to join, please contact me before Thursday this week so that you can be fully set up and on the rota to get going from Next week.

We have something planned which will require hitting the ground running, though a hint towards what that shall be will be arriving in the Fednet area beforehand.

• 4 months later...

Bumping a Dead Thread as there's new news coming directly from Work Place. 

Due to the two main people who run this having gone over to Engineering Lead & Engineer Anomaly, The Federal Council stuff was put into the background. 

However, It's always been the intent to bring it back to the front, and that'll be picking back up starting January. As starting a month with like 2 weeks left is pretty silly, even on my standards. 

More will come when I return home at 5pm-ish BST, but for now will add a few things.  Or rather. Pre-Patch notes for Politics/Council 1.1, which are subject to expansion & change. 

1) I hope to revamp the Market system, so that the more people put into it or take from it, prices adjust.  

2) A group chat will be set up for those participating. Gathering the rolls every month was what caused 99% of the issues in the Politics. Some had horrific timezones to try and contact in, and so they could lose their chance. With this, it'll make it easy to just leave a message in the group for help, posting rolls, etc. 

3) For New individuals, making your own colony will give you perks. To boost the Wiki and further from the Worldbuilding thread, boost the ability of Admins to implement elements, those that create their own Colony for the Federal Council elements will receive one-time boosts, such as extra Support from the Federation. 

4) Lastly. There will likely be a purge of inactive colonies, so those already taking part please respond to an Activity check I will post once this is posted. 

Stay tuned for more information, such as the changes and additions such as the Creation and upkeep of your very own Planetary Defense Force / Planetary Defense ships,  more details on building structures, and of course, a thing I shall refer to as Mega-Projects, because I played a bit too many hours of Space games.

2 hours ago, Admyral Joe said:

Stay tuned for more information, such as the changes and additions such as the Creation and upkeep of your very own Planetary Defense Force / Planetary Defense ships,  more details on building structures, and of course, a thing I shall refer to as Mega-Projects, because I played a bit too many hours of Space games.

time to turn alpha centauri into a ringworld baby