TACs and Tanks.

saiphun987

So we got a new toys to play with A actual flying TACs and Tanks. I'd like to point out some of the things that we should NOT do when we're on mission with them. First of all TACs or CAS should not engage or drops any bombs close to infantry platoon. 500 meters and below are counted as danger close and should be announced before dropping the bomb below 500 meters away from the platoon. Now let's move on to the tanks. Tanks have a big gun. 120mm smooth-bore cannon which produce a loud firing sound and blast which is bad for infantries to be near it. As an tanker you should be aware and tell the  infantries to stay away from the tanks before you shoot the main cannon just like the back blast on M55. Otherwise they'll risks of destroying or injured themself.

I know some of it can be hard to do considered our server is not mic used (Which is a good thing for me.) so just do what you can and try to adapt it. I don't know if in game and real life counterpart used the same stuff but.. well as a tank nuts as myself I'll just leave the vid about Merkava Mk.4 that we're using right now for you to get to know the basic of this tank first.

The armor on this tank is one of the thickest in the world right now. And it can be compared to Challenger 2. But things that make it different than any other modern tanks is that Rear mounted turret, Ability to carry 1 squad of infantry, Front mounted engine to increases survivability of the crew, Ready Rack for the ammunition to be loaded faster, And the best one is TROPHY APS that can defeat the incoming ATGM, Shape charges rocket, Or even tank shells. (Right now the ability to destroy tank shells are just ideas and blueprints. Which right now it is 2298 in our time line. That technology ain't far anymore.) This tank features thicks armor which can be proved userful against the arachnids. The armor are all round thicks and heavy as the commander hatch cannot be opened by hands it can only be opened by the electrical ramps. This tank doesn't needs any add-ons armor as it is already featured on this tank.

SO that's all for what you needs to know about the tanks.. I don't know about the A-10 so yeah. ANND sorry for any Grammar errors :P

i would like to politely remind u that arachnids walk in space by stabbing their feet into military grade space ships.

the tank itself might not even use traditional munitions or have a trophy system. it might just have electrical reactive armor (as remnar wrote up for the past tank.)

in other words, let the admins decide on the lore and stats for it

2 hours ago, saiphun987 said:

So we got a new toys to play with A actual flying TACs and Tanks. I'd like to point out some of the things that we should NOT do when we're on mission with them. First of all TACs or CAS should not engage or drops any bombs close to infantry platoon. 500 meters and below are counted as danger close and should be announced before dropping the bomb below 500 meters away from the platoon. Now let's move on to the tanks. Tanks have a big gun. 120mm smooth-bore cannon which produce a loud firing sound and blast which is bad for infantries to be near it. As an tanker you should be aware and tell the  infantries to stay away from the tanks before you shoot the main cannon just like the back blast on M55. Otherwise they'll risks of destroying or injured themself.

I know some of it can be hard to do considered our server is not mic used (Which is a good thing for me.) so just do what you can and try to adapt it. I don't know if in game and real life counterpart used the same stuff but.. well as a tank nuts as myself I'll just leave the vid about Merkava Mk.4 that we're using right now for you to get to know the basic of this tank first.

The armor on this tank is one of the thickest in the world right now. And it can be compared to Challenger 2. But things that make it different than any other modern tanks is that Rear mounted turret, Ability to carry 1 squad of infantry, Front mounted engine to increases survivability of the crew, Ready Rack for the ammunition to be loaded faster, And the best one is TROPHY APS that can defeat the incoming ATGM, Shape charges rocket, Or even tank shells. (Right now the ability to destroy tank shells are just ideas and blueprints. Which right now it is 2298 in our time line. That technology ain't far anymore.) This tank features thicks armor which can be proved userful against the arachnids. The armor are all round thicks and heavy as the commander hatch cannot be opened by hands it can only be opened by the electrical ramps. This tank doesn't needs any add-ons armor as it is already featured on this tank.

SO that's all for what you needs to know about the tanks.. I don't know about the A-10 so yeah. ANND sorry for any Grammar errors :P

Just, you know, DONT SHOOT MY FOCKIN TANK MATE. You guys don't realize it but when you shoot the tank, it shreds it armor. I understand, made one bad call on a shot but I didn't realize you guys were so fuckin close to the bugs and tank. Also, The tank main gun acts like a howitzer, the round has a tremendous drop once fired as the main gun arcs upwards like a howitzer. So it's hard to support 24/7

5 hours ago, Tony said:

i would like to politely remind u that arachnids walk in space by stabbing their feet into military grade space ships.

the tank itself might not even use traditional munitions or have a trophy system. it might just have electrical reactive armor (as remnar wrote up for the past tank.)

in other words, let the admins decide on the lore and stats for it

He's just telling you facts about a tank. Boohoo. Besides it is just the model of the tank. It isn't even probably called a 'Merkava'. I personally don't know what it is called yet.

On the topic of Saiphun here. Nothing wrong with stating the IRL facts of the tank. But this is not lore yet so you will have to wait and see the actual specs of this tank @saiphun987

and i'm just telling u that a lot of real world aspects r prolly gonna be ignored bc they're hard to use in gmod rp. like body armor, skywave propagation and shit, 'what u see is what u get' radios. plasma cutters and plasma welders, so no. the point being that there's no point in making a thread trying to dictate shit before it's been battle tested by events. if u give the tanks even a modicum of realism, they're prolly gonna irritate some admins.

example; marauders are 1000kg robit men with miniguns. realistically speaking rioters arent gonna meme them, realistically speaking, i could go 'marauder buzz that house' and my pet robit would put so many holes in the building that i could cast a projection film into it. yet u dont see this happening bc it's impractical. at one point we had a power armor system that gave marauders 0 fall damage, TONS of armor too. u know why we got rid of it? cus they'd ruin events.

14 hours ago, Tony said:

i would like to politely remind

9 hours ago, StevieJr said:

He's just telling you facts about a tank. Boohoo.

no need to be a prick to someone who's actively going out of their way to say things with good will. 

i know it's off-topic but it's tiring to see people getting cut down or insulted when all they're doing is offering input politely. your response was really uncalled for.