The Corkboard

Silly goose

Speaking of medical: I've had a complaint that requests for medevac aren't being acknowledged, and that medics aren't being given the time to check for minor wounds and stop them becoming major ones. I know it's difficult to keep medical needs in mind when you're worrying about the rest of your guys getting eaten, but I've seen wounded left behind, and apparently troopers have died due to medevac not being called. I'm aware this goes both ways and I'm continually passing on to medical that we need time estimates and mobility reports from them - but do ask for them if they're not coming. As always, it's a communication thing.

-Vickers

• 2 weeks later...

I've demoted Mr. Amukama from his position as a Lance Corporal due to a carefree attitude when it came to the safety of others. Don't consider this as a one-off punishment. We have a massively important time directly ahead of us. People are going to die - people you are responsible for. Do not lose sight of the human element of that. Negligence is not just a legal term, it's about not considering risks. I have no issue with combat leaders taking considered risks with full view of potential consequences. I take severe issue with anyone who doesn't respect the risks, especially if they're putting other people in a position of danger. I don't want to ever hear words like 'pussy' or 'coward' used to demean people who are taking a measured and professional approach to what they are doing. We are a fully trained, fully paid, personally responsible fighting force, not a rabble of thugs. We kill Separatists all the time because of their poor training and disregard for the risks. Controlled aggression is the name of the game. Fuck up the enemy, but always on your own terms.

We're petting a burning dog, here. Anyone not wearing gloves is an idiot. If you see the same danger-friendly attitude cropping up anywhere else, crush it. 

-Vickers

I've asked medical to list Private Samantha Louis as unfit for operational duties. I've had a report, corroborated by two others, that she had on her person unprescribed medication, and, as retribution for a prank, locked other troopers in one of the ship's airlocks and threatened to space them. She's currently under watch. I'm up-chaining this to the officers, but keep an eye out.

-Vickers

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick one. Yesterday evening a quarrel broke out between Lance Corporal Samantha Ruse and Emry Gentry, a recruit. Having been advised by Zeem to check it out, I found the two in the enlisted barracks yelling at one other. I managed to step in before anything got physical, however, I would keep a watchful eye on the two of them. Especially Lance Corporal Ruse. Their behavior recently has been unpredictable which can be alarming seeing their short temper.

-Ernest Miller

• 3 weeks later...

The Armory has received an influx of 40mm Grenade variants designed for use in the UGL attachment & Triple Barrel Grenade Launcher. I've attached a link to your PDAs that lead to an overview of these new toys.

Expect more information on their usage & qualification process in the near future. For now, a personal tip: the M430A1 HEDP is capable of penetrating into enemy Marauder suits.

Questions go to Gunnery Sergeant Wells.

- Westervelt

// 

• 3 weeks later...

I've bumped Layland down from Lance. He's writing an essay about what he did wrong - attitude and discipline issue. Once he's finished, I'll consider giving him his rank back. In the meantime, I'd appreciate anyone who feels tempted to consult with me first.

Oh, and if you could let me know if he tries to sneak past me to get his rank back, that would be useful. I don't think he will, but it's worth saying.

-Vickers

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to tag onto that, she's a ten year vet. The issue is that her attitude is one of fuel for the meatgrinder. I'll have to be pretty fucking convinced that's not going to needlessly endanger anyone before I rubber-stamp any step up from lance. Keep it in mind, keep an eye on it, and watch how she treats anyone in her squads. Cynicism is fine. Treating these people as expendable is not.

-Vickers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Secret Santa is on. If possible, do some ceremonies/events for gift giving. Make a song and dance of it.

-Vickers

P.S
January will be the platoon's moustache competition. Don't make anyone shave off anything they've already worked on, but start policing stubble a little more so they're all used to being clean shaven.

Since the platoon's been handling itself well lately, I've decided now's as good a time as any to ship off to OCS. I'll be gone for a while, but I've asked Sgt. Maj. Moss to keep an eye in and make sure everything stays ship-shape. He's more strict than I am, but I trust SSgt. Caffrey to keep you all up to speed on meeting his exacting standards.

If there's any business which needs to be handled with me directly, bring it to me today, or it'll be waiting until I return.

-Vickers