New Questline?

El Excellente

What should be the theme/main opponent of a potential new questline?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the theme/main opponent of a potential new questline?

Hello

my LOA ends on September 13th so I was considering to attempt to run a little campaign or a questline then. It's most likely to be a questline as I end up with more flexibility when it comes to timeslots with that. I was going to use the time until then for a little creative brainstorming (amongst other things) but couldn't quite decide on a enemy/theme myself, so I'll just gauge community interest in different settings.

Obviously there's the much neglected main enemy of the Federation, the Arachnid empire, with all its potential for new castes and little quirks you don't see in the average mission

There's the Skinnie Hegemony which is split into many many tribal clans which like to abduct and enslave people with their psychic influence

And lastly, there's the possibility of a seperatist faction which would probably resort to guerilla warfare as opposed to spamming 4 tanks into your face

These can usually be mix-matched very well and all combinations are possible.

Another option would be a story-driven questline, where we go on a journey to find precursor/progenitor technology

You're free to pitch your ideas, concerns or other requests/wishes. I can already promise you though that I won't run your concept 1:1, but I'll take little parts from it that I like.

Skinnies ought to see some form of resurgence. At least after the Sol campaign. They've been kind of 'sleeping' for the majority of the server's lifetime, and it'd be neat to see them make a comeback, or at least have some introspection into their side of the bigass space war.

2 hours ago, Jun Nagase said:

Maybe mixed sep/prog questline where we have to prevent seperatists from capturing progenitor tech while getting it for ourselves?

This is a really good idea, actually. Progenitor tech would be highly sought after, and those separatists that are still angry about losing the Civil War would likely want to get the advantage for any future insurrection in the works.

The skinnies are a far more interesting and undeveloped piece of lore, for the server that is, and having a questline about them would be amazing. Who they are, their motive, what they do, etc. As skinnies are basically humanoids themselves and have the ability to think for them selves, unlike the hive mined Neons or Arachnids. And they make more sense, and fun, than a seperatist faction we can just stomp into submission. Plus it could lead to even more campagins, like Firestorm.

Afterall, we delt with Seperatist factions for over 6 months, and the neons even longer. If you keep using them people will get burnt out. And to me, fighting neons is just like fighting a sep party, and the major difference is just their OP tech and such.

Xe6gevq.png

21 minutes ago, Lalatina said:

The skinnies are a far more interesting and undeveloped piece of lore, for the server that is, and having a questline about them would be amazing. Who they are, their motive, what they do, etc. As skinnies are basically humanoids themselves and have the ability to think for them selves, unlike the hive mined Neons or Arachnids. And they make more sense, and fun, than a seperatist faction we can just stomp into submission. Plus it could lead to even more campagins, like Firestorm.

Afterall, we delt with Seperatist factions for over 6 months, and the neons even longer. If you keep using them people will get burnt out. And to me, fighting neons is just like fighting a sep party, and the major difference is just their OP tech and such.

10 minutes ago, Rook said:

I’d like to see a Skinnie campaign. I feel like we’ve spent enough time in the present fighting seps. XD 

ya i agree guys. i like playing against the skinnies and i feel like we don't do anywhere near enough w them

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Skinnies ought to see some form of resurgence. At least after the Sol campaign. They've been kind of 'sleeping' for the majority of the server's lifetime, and it'd be neat to see them make a comeback, or at least have some introspection into their side of the bigass space war.

u dont even play here

4 hours ago, The_Harmacist said:

This is a really good idea, actually. Progenitor tech would be highly sought after, and those separatists that are still angry about losing the Civil War would likely want to get the advantage for any future insurrection in the works.

Implying Separatists make sense after we literally destroy the aliens that shattered the Federation and retake Earth in the Sol campaign. That should be the biggest unification effort humanity has ever seen.

44 minutes ago, cat danny 25 said:

Implying Separatists make sense after we literally destroy the aliens that shattered the Federation and retake Earth in the Sol campaign. That should be the biggest unification effort humanity has ever seen.

In addition to this, while there will always -technically- be some kind of a seperatist group hiding out there, it makes no sense to send a spearhead platoon like 112th to deal with minor pockets of factions that may as well not exist at this point.

1 hour ago, cat danny 25 said:

I would love to so this during the campaign this weekend tbh it would be an awesome story arch