Rolling and Roll Bonuses

Orwell

• Executive Administrator

Hey guys. I just want to make it abundantly clear that any time you are in the field, you absolutely positively have to roll for the success of whatever it is you're attempting.

I will reiterate that the roll bonuses apply for psychic antics only, and your regular roll bonus belonging to your corresponding infantry rank is meant to be used in PVP scenarios, and what have you. 

ON THAT NOTE, the roll bonuses have been nerf'd, as they only exist to keep more experienced psychics from having their brains turned into soup by an unlucky roll (this doesn't mean you will not be adversely affected, though)

Here are the bonuses as follows:

Lt. +5

MSpc. +5

SSpc. +4

Spc. +3

2Spc. - +2

3Spc. - 0

Why so low? See the above, and reference the rolling range here.

I'm placing this here in this thread again so both MIPOD and admins have a clear understanding of the guidelines.

The following is a guideline on what you can do with the result. If you would rather use a straight 50/50 then you may, or some other result system, you are welcome to do so, this is merely a suggestion.

If the result is 1-10, the Psychic has over-exerted him / herself and cannot conduct any further psychic activities that mission in addition to being dazed and concussed.

If the result is 11-40 you can give them bad, inaccurate or outright wrong information.

If the result is 41-70 you can give them a vague or useful bit of information. It must be accurate to some degree and can be misinterpreted by the psychic.

If the result is 71-100 you can give them precise information. This information can be precise to a point where it can cause a problem (E.G, they see who stabbed who but absolutely nothing about whether it was self defence or not.)

If there is no chance to fail, or the result is binary (they do or don’t), then you as the event runner can dictate the result as you see fit.

@Heresiarch Grimm   

• Executive Administrator

AMENDMENT:

Hey guys, I'm gonna be retooling the roll bonuses over the weekend to accomodate the more experienced members of the faction while still allowing for some risk. It's gonna be a process, so feel free to reach out to me for input so we can make a system that everyone is satisfied with. I'm pretty busy with classes and exams this week and the next, so bear with me please!

Further on that line of thinking, psychics no longer have to roll when it comes to retrieving/sending information via skin contact as long as it is CONSENSUAL. If the other party resists, the psychic does indeed have to roll. But if you want to tell your brain friend you love them with your mind, you do not have to risk your mental health to do so.