[TERRA] Mobile Infantry Secures Washington

cat danny 25

c088f57ca4c646a0b117c3dcf2b80dd3.jpg

112th MOBILE INFANTRY (WASHINGTON D.C, [CIRCA DECEMBER, 2298])

At 0200 hours December 9th 2298, a crushing blow was landed against the Progenitor forces still occupying Earth. The 77th, the 21st and the 112th Mobile Infantry battalions in tangent with combatants from the 71st Air Cavalry Division set out to perform the impossible task of fighting back a Progenitor army nearly three times their size in the interest of defending the National Mall from hostile counterattack following the destruction of an aerial gun platform. Federation forces spearheaded by the 112th Mobile Infantry led an attack against the fortified city of Arlington, where they destroyed a Progenitor shield relay site, which proved vital to the operation.

With an enemy counteroffensive led against the UCF's staging ground located in the centre of Washington D.C, the aforementioned soldiers fought bravely in order to reclaim the territories which were lost in the push. With gruelling odds and limited support, the forces on the ground held out long enough for support to arrive, before proceeding onward to raise the Federal flag high above the city atop the Washington Monument, claiming the city rightly for the Federation.

Acting Commander of the operation Major Ingram Porter, working out of the forward headquarters gave a speech upon returning to the CV-748 'Euphrates';

"My fellow Citizens. Today we fought, bled and for some - died for the soil which was reclaimed for humanity. This will serve as naught but a foundation for our operations to reclaim our world, but it is a foundation upon which we will build our cities, our statues and the monuments of our heroes; Our fallen brothers and sisters. I served in the original attack, I fought with courage in my heart when the late Sky Marshall John Hudson promised we would retake our world.

It is in his memory that we fought today. It is in his memory that we raised our flag above one of our beloved cities. It is in his memory that we will kill every single alien with the gall to walk our lands of yore. I promise you friends, brothers, men and women of the Federation! It is the late Winston Churchill's words which shall guide us to victory in this quest; We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

We will fight until the end. Some will die so that others may live. Such is our duty. Such is our obligation when it comes to defending the bodied politic of our great empire. We will fight, we will win; And if you should find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face and stalks of wheat between your fingertips. Do not be troubled, dear friends; You will know peace, for you are in Elysium."

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE!?

• Like 1
  • Winner 3