Victory over the bugs! [Cassandra Chronicles]

StevieJr

6G6fmCo.jpg

[3rd PDF Regiment 'Screaming Eagles' . Circa 2298]

[-Transmission Begun- Governor Elect Speech after Victory]

[December 16, 2298]

[Voice of: General Marcus Bracken]

"After 10 years, the arachnid threat on Cassandra has finally been destroyed, through the sheer will of our planetary defense forces, and the bravery of the Mobile Infantry, Fleet, and Intelligence personnel of the Federation who put their lives on the line for our planet."

"We owe much to the Federation, the One Hundred and Twelfth Morita Regiment, the 37th Artillery Battalion, the 75th Engineer Battalion, the 13th Marauder Detachment... They helped us when no one else would, and from this day forth I declare a new friendship between our planet, and the United Citizens Federation."

"Under my governance, we will rebuild our beautiful planet. We will build infrastructure, and repair the infrastructure that has been damaged. We will rebuild the cities that have been destroyed from the Civil War, and the arachnid incursion, and I will not back down until I see that this is done."

"Last, but not least, to our brave P.D.F. You have been fighting for years, some of you probably your entire lives to defend this... Your homeworld. You did not let up, you held the line at whatever cost, and those arachnids didn't make a dent in your spirits. You held when no one else would, and you fought harder than I have ever seen anyone fight, despite the lack of modern weapons, advanced firing systems... The list goes on, but you persevered. As a man who has been fighting with you side by side through this. I want you all to know you are the baddest, bravest sons of bitches I have ever had the pleasure of killing arachnids with."

"God bless the federation, and I look forward to being a competent and beneficial governor to you, the people of Cassandra."

[-Transmission End-]