Idea: Martial Arts

HoneyElk

wow so how about instead of proposing this idea AND roll bonuses

you jsut fucking do it instead?

whoa

its like

you can do things on your own

just ask an nco "hay sgt faggot can i make sparring thing and train people in hit with fist" and  they will probably say "yes i would love to take credit for this but not have to actually train anyone myself"

baddabing baddaboom its easy

1 minute ago, yahtz said:

wow so how about instead of proposing this idea AND roll bonuses

you jsut fucking do it instead?

whoa

its like

you can do things on your own

just ask an nco "hay sgt faggot can i make sparring thing and train people in hit with fist" and  they will probably say "yes i would love to take credit for this but not have to actually train anyone myself"

baddabing baddaboom its easy

rSDbEri.jpg

H1hQPuZ.jpg

already ahead of you fam

Also the points about hand to hand combat being useless except for hoomans...ofc it is. the MI is a fucking terrible military in the movie. we're baised off the movie mostly so...the MI's doctrine of training or whatever is also fucking terrible, thats just an rp reason lmao

7 hours ago, Arrow said:

Also the points about hand to hand combat being useless except for hoomans...ofc it is. the MI is a fucking terrible military in the movie. we're baised off the movie mostly so...the MI's doctrine of training or whatever is also fucking terrible, thats just an rp reason lmao

The training is actually pretty solid. 

The fact they went up against something they'd never seen before with shit Intel and a bad plan is a different matter. 

Example of when training goes well, Rhodesian Bush War. 

Example of when training doesn't help, literally the films Predator, Aliens and War of the Worlds. 

May notice something there with the examples. 

1 hour ago, yahtz said:

CONSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCES, the mi did pretty well at big K considering it was a massive fleet fuck up (in the book dunno about the movie), the main char didnt even die!

and then AFTER that they completed ALL the objectives they had on all their other planets

the federation actually adapted to the bug's pretty damn quick. as soon as they found out they couldn't just send MI down to fight the bugs 1 on 1, the sky marshal resigned, the new sky marshal said 'okay we glass them and the MI kill the stragglers'. hence 'fleet glasses the planet, MI mops up'. also if the MI and fed were incompetent at war why would they seek to interrogate a potential source of intel on how 2 fight bog better??? 

10 hours ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

The training is actually pretty solid. 

The fact they went up against something they'd never seen before with shit Intel and a bad plan is a different matter. 

Example of when training goes well, Rhodesian Bush War. 

Example of when training doesn't help, literally the films Predator, Aliens and War of the Worlds. 

May notice something there with the examples. 

Bear in mind the first movie was pretty much the 'first contact' with the bugs and nobody expected them to be an intelligent lifeform at that point

8 hours ago, Tony said:

the federation actually adapted to the bug's pretty damn quick. as soon as they found out they couldn't just send MI down to fight the bugs 1 on 1, the sky marshal resigned, the new sky marshal said 'okay we glass them and the MI kill the stragglers'. hence 'fleet glasses the planet, MI mops up'. also if the MI and fed were incompetent at war why would they seek to interrogate a potential source of intel on how 2 fight bog better??? 

the federation is adapting to bugs, but the bugs are adapting faster.

10 hours ago, El Excellente said:

he federation is adapting to bugs, but the bugs are adapting faster.

ya but it's wrong to say the mobile infantry is totally incompetent. if they were they would just try the same things over and over. in the 3rd film (even if it's trash), we see that the MI have learned to use rank and file tactics against waves of bugs along with cycling their shooting so they have a wave of bullets mixed with grenades.