Out

Silly goose

I'm posting this just to notify people. I won't be sticking around to read replies.

For mental health reasons, I don't think I can stick around any longer. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that the past few weeks things haven't been the same. I've burned out, and forcing myself to stay past that has led to me becoming angrier with friends, generally less patient, and mentally unhealthy. Those of you who know what I do for a living will understand that I can't allow that. My priorities if I'm being honest are more with myself - I hate living like this, and I'm worried about what will happen if I allow it to continue.

Sorry, it sounds very dramatic. Truth is I've wrestled with similar issues before, and I will be fine - but this is part of the process that needs to happen for me to be better. 

I'm incredibly grateful to the people who gave me a shot, and for the opportunity to try some stuff out with the MI. I know it was a short tenure. I enjoyed the hell out of it while I could, but when work hit again, I just lost the spark. At that point I was decided that I'd have to throw in the towel. Since then, most of my close friends here have departed, and while I still do enjoy the server, I feel very isolated and lonely without them. 

I don't know for sure whether this is goodbye for good, but I expect that leaving like this will (rightly) upset a fair few people. For the sake of transparency, I made this decision a while ago, but promised I'd stick around to ensure the MI would reside in good hands. I'm breaking that promise now, which will make some people's work here much harder.

I do want to let everyone know that I have enjoyed roleplaying with you a lot. One of my favourite things has been going around having random conversations, sharing remarks during drops, and generally just having a laugh. The people who I haven't enjoyed interacting with know who they are, and it's a very small group. I think you guys are great, and I urge you to keep the passion in what you're doing. Don't make it too cold or clinical or measured. Do what you love. It's a hobby.

I'll be removing pretty much everyone here from steam, purely for the sake of a clean break. If you do want to re-add me, feel free, but I'll probably be avoiding talk about SST.

• Sad 8

I recently joined and you’ve always been helpful to me both IC and OOC. I’ve had all great interactions with you and I hope we can remain friends still! Please take care of yourself and I’m glad you’re doing what’s right for your mental health. Take care and glad to have met you! ❤️

vickers was such a good char! (also i would not have enjoyed my time back on SST and would have probably left again if pilot was not here i appreciate it my guy) we'll miss u. ur probably the best MI CO we've ever had. also influential and essential in making mah char ily ;) no homo

But if u need time off no one can blame u. SST for some reason is very unhealthy bc its addicting once u get into it. i learned to balance mine XD hope u can too :P

• Useful 1
On 1/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, Pilotfish said:

I'm posting this just to notify people. I won't be sticking around to read replies.

For mental health reasons, I don't think I can stick around any longer. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that the past few weeks things haven't been the same. I've burned out, and forcing myself to stay past that has led to me becoming angrier with friends, generally less patient, and mentally unhealthy. Those of you who know what I do for a living will understand that I can't allow that. My priorities if I'm being honest are more with myself - I hate living like this, and I'm worried about what will happen if I allow it to continue.

Sorry, it sounds very dramatic. Truth is I've wrestled with similar issues before, and I will be fine - but this is part of the process that needs to happen for me to be better. 

I'm incredibly grateful to the people who gave me a shot, and for the opportunity to try some stuff out with the MI. I know it was a short tenure. I enjoyed the hell out of it while I could, but when work hit again, I just lost the spark. At that point I was decided that I'd have to throw in the towel. Since then, most of my close friends here have departed, and while I still do enjoy the server, I feel very isolated and lonely without them. 

I don't know for sure whether this is goodbye for good, but I expect that leaving like this will (rightly) upset a fair few people. For the sake of transparency, I made this decision a while ago, but promised I'd stick around to ensure the MI would reside in good hands. I'm breaking that promise now, which will make some people's work here much harder.

I do want to let everyone know that I have enjoyed roleplaying with you a lot. One of my favourite things has been going around having random conversations, sharing remarks during drops, and generally just having a laugh. The people who I haven't enjoyed interacting with know who they are, and it's a very small group. I think you guys are great, and I urge you to keep the passion in what you're doing. Don't make it too cold or clinical or measured. Do what you love. It's a hobby.

I'll be removing pretty much everyone here from steam, purely for the sake of a clean break. If you do want to re-add me, feel free, but I'll probably be avoiding talk about SST.

I know sometimes we had our differences but you were my favorite NCO ICly and OOCly. I hope your mental health gets better, I know how it feels to fight against those kind of issues. 

I know you probably won't see this, but hopefully if you come back you will :)

Thank you Pilotfish.