[SCARVIS] Planetary Re-Occupation Begins!

Gazza

Rn7KLdSXjldsQmxyKDl28nGrAcVkCOk0yfjsMbnz

-BREAKING NEWS-

"It was revealed only minutes ago that the planet of Scarvis, known recently to have been overtaken by occupying Arachnid forces, has been successfully and officially taken back by the Federation! Joint operations between the 112th Infantry Battalion and Scarvis' own 68th Infantry Battalion were immensely successful in retaking the planet over the past few months. Today, both battalions fought and made one last push on the last remaining hive, before eventually letting the bugs meet their doom!"

"The Commander of the 68th Battalion's Delta Company and Armored Group 'Mjolnir's Mark', Captain Jeffrey Collins, Jr. reportedly gave his life, staying behind to manually detonate the explosive device to destroy the Arachnid Hive and rid the Arachnid plague on Scarvis. The Military Intelligence officer overseeing Scarvis operations, Lieutenant Marshall Chambers, gave a few words in memory of the Captain, as did the 112th's Master Sergeant. A funeral and memorial will be held in the coming weeks in honour of the 68th's Delta Company, along with those lost from the 112th, and everyone else who lost their lives during the Fall of Scarvis."

"The re-occupation of Scarvis will begin in the next week, sending construction workers and engineers to help get cities and towns back in working order, before sending down the rest of the population."

"Our FedNet reporter stationed aboard the Ulysses S. Grant interviews a few infantrymen after they returned, let's take a look at the footage."

Interviewees: LCpl. Frederick Stokes, 2Spc. Ajax Drivas, LCpl. Lily Parker

Spoiler

Reporter: "Maxwell Jennings here, reporting from the Ulysses S. Grant, home to the Federation's beloved 112th Battalion. They have just returned from the planet of Scarvis, and as we've just heard, the entire planet is now bug-free! Troopers, what's your take on this? Knowing you've just made the planet habitable once more."
A female voice yells in the distance "Woo! One-Twelfth!"

Frederick Stokes shuffled in his seat for a second as to get himself comfortable, perking his head up at the question; ceasing their movements. "I'll say. There was a mass infestation that's been there for some time. You ever seen more than two Royal's at one time? I know I haven't!"
Ajax Drivas: "Honestly; Its hard to put into words. We've been fighting so long, its strange. God do I feel good though; we payed back those goddamn bugs in kind for everything they done."
Ajax Drivas: "Only wish we could of made'm feel it."
Frederick Stokes: "They put up a fight, I'll say. But - as you've seen? Clearly it isn't enough to stop the Mobile Infantry."
Ajax Drivas: "Yeah. Bug's aint shit when they're facing the barrel of a Marauders gattling gun."

Frederick Stokes: "Like they always said, just hit the nerve stem and they whole thing goes down."
Ajax Drivas: "It's weird especialy for me though; Before I signed up to become a Marauder, I was part of the 68th. Small world."
Reporter: "Oh, really?"
Ajax Drivas: "Yeah. It's where my career first started."
Reporter: "So you knew the 68th? What was it like to fight alongside them once more?"

Ajax Drivas: "Nostalgic."
Ajax Drivas: "It was great. Even got to see the captain one last time."
Lily Parker holds the sign in front of the camera. "RIP JEFFREY COLLINS JR. WE MISS YOU."
Ajax Drivas: "Don't mind the Private here; she's just celebrating."
Frederick Stokes: "--Even though we all put a hand into taking down their infestation, I'd say the Captain was the real hero there."
Reporter Maxwell Jennings nods. "I understand it was he who gave his own life to destroy the arachnid hive?"
Ajax Drivas: "Yes. Someone had to stay behind of the strike team who planted it, so it could be detonated."
Frederick Stokes: "We covered him for as long as we could."
Ajax Drivas: "But, because of him; we're all here. I hope I can make it to his Funeral."
Frederick Stokes: "If it were up to me- I'd give him a medal."
Lily Parker would pretend to go down the stairs, lowering her body with every slight step forward until she was completely down under the counter.
Lily Parker held the message in front of the camera once more. It would say, "Lillian Flowers." And a huge heart around it.
Ajax Drivas would suddenly sit down, slowly at first, he leaned into his hands for a minute, sucking in a breath. He'd wipe away a tear and look up to the camera again.
Reporter Maxwell Jennings nods. "Of course. To give ones own life in order to save millions more is something most Infantry would only dream of, if I'm not mistaken?"
Lily Parker would do a little dance.
It was actually pretty good.
Ajax Drivas: "I think we all dream of, when the final curtain closes, we do something meaningful with it."
Frederick Stokes: "Mhm. We're all capable and willing to do something like the Captain."
Lily Parker would point at Jennings awkwardly, trying to get his attention. She'd then mouth, "Drink?" before charading it.
Lily Parker would nod, aggressively.
Lily Parker would take the bottle of tequila, holding it in front of the camera.
Lily Parker kissed it, before pretending to love and snuggle it.
Reporter: "Of course, of course.. Would either of you like to add anything? A message to the rest of the Mobile Infantry stationed across the galaxy?""
Lily Parker would raise her hands up in the air, before swaying them back and forth.
Ajax Drivas: "Never stop fighting. Because you're not fighting just for the federation; you're fighting for your BROTHERS and SISTERS in arms."
Frederick Stokes: "You're fighting a war against a dangerous foe- but a beatable one. One thing about us as Human's, is that we're smart resilient creatures. Nothing can stop our spirit."
Ajax Drivas: "Bugs, or anything else that dares to even look at us."

Lily Parker would make a check mark with her thumb and index finger, before placing it under her chin. She tried her best to look like she was thinking.

Lily Parker moved her hands to her face, she would create a box around her face kind of. She would be vogueing.
Ajax Drivas stands up. "Hold on. We gotta do this right."
Frederick Stokes stands up as well, nodding.
Ajax Drivas: "PARKER."
Lily Parker: "What's up."
Ajax Drivas: "Two beers, and a rootbeer."
Ajax Drivas: "Stat."
Lily Parker went to the fridge, pulling out three beers and a ginger root.
Lily Parker would offer up the contents held in her hand. "Here we are."
Ajax Drivas he'd then proceed to open the bottle quicky-
Frederick Stokes takes the beer that was offered, getting the thing set up and preparing himself for what is to come next.
Reporter Maxwell Jennings takes the rootbeer with a nod.
Ajax Drivas raised his beer.
Ajax Drivas yells "Here's to the dead!"

Frederick Stokes yells "And to the next man to die!"
Reporter Maxwell Jennings raises his own bottle and joins in with their "And to the next man to die!", before taking a drink from it.

Frederick Stokes brought his beer down to his lips, tipping it back to take a swig from it.

Ajax Drivas chugged the beer upon the completion, before sitting the empty bottle on the table. "Woo!"

Lily Parker yells "Woo 112th!"

Frederick Stokes set his drink down on the table joining in the match of woo hoo.
Shaun C. Morello yells from out of the shot "OH FUCK!"
Shaun C. Morello yells "APPLE JUICE HEAD ASS!"
Ajax Drivas started laughing at the outburst of Morello, assuredly picked up on camera.
Reporter: "Alrighty. Thank you all for your input. I'm sure the rest of the Infantry will look forward to seeing it broadcast."
Reporter: "And that was the One-Twelfth Infantry! The Federation's finest! Stay tuned to see what they get up to next time. I'm Maxwell Jennings, and this is FedNet."

And so, they've done it again. The Mobile Infantry have rid an entire planet of a Bug infestation! Do you think you've got what it takes to join them?

Do you want to save lives like they do?

Would you like to know more?

• Like 2