Squad Plugin Thing

Bav

So, on a few RP servers I've been on, they had this feature where you could create up to 4 squads. You would invite who you wanted and each squad had their own color.

It also had these little circles at the feet of the squad members and a green square above the squad leaders head. 

Is there a reason we stick to the color system instead of this?

I don't have any screenshots of it but it looks similar to this:

squad.png

(I apologize for how autistic the image looks but it's the best way I could visualize it)

Having been on the SST server it was used on I can say with confidence that without some optimisation it will stack against individual FPS on mid to low tier systems. By all means try one, just relaying first hand experience. During a server population of 20+ it would drag back the game response time considerably, but on smaller scales it was fine.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, alright sassy said:

Yes but atleast that is IC, seeing colourful circles around fellow troopers can not be taken IC. 

I get what you're poking at, but theres been too many instances where I've literally missed crucial drop moments because every trooper looks the same. No PAC to differentiate my squad leader, no rank patch, nothing.

If the circles being intrusive is a problem we can always find something that is more subtle.

1 minute ago, Bav said:

I get what you're poking at, but theres been too many instances where I've literally missed crucial drop moments because every trooper looks the same. No PAC to differentiate my squad leader, no rank patch, nothing.

If the circles being intrusive is a problem we can always find something that is more subtle.

Yeah but you're not always gonna be able to tell your troopers, thats more realistic then this idea and in a way the coloured names are noticeable enough while being subtle and its something that has worked always 

• 2 weeks later...