LARSEN TO FACE JUSTICE

Xalphox

• Executive Administrator

IskanderHerald.png

TUESDAY APRIL 16 2299

LARSEN TO FACE JUSTICE 

General Larsen, the war hero turned accused murderer, has formally been charged, and has arrived on Iskander to face a court-martial, or so the federal authorities announced last night.

A military intelligence spokesman announced the following,

"Following the death of a 19-year old active duty infantryman here in Iskander in February of this year, General Brian Charles Larsen has been indicted on a single charge of second-degree murder, although there are several other active investigations into a number of other unexplained deaths. General Larsen surrendered himself to federal authorities here on Iskander at roughly midday today. Noting the severe and capital nature of the offence, General Larsen will face a 5-officer general court-martial as soon as one can be convened. General Larsen may be a war hero, but no man is above the law, and justice must be served."

It seems however that members of the public do not feel so strongly. A poll in this paper of our readers showed support for the General at 40-34, in support.

Image%202019-04-16%20at%2010.01.28%20PM. 

Fig 1. a poll of our readers (14 April, 2298)

The Sky Marshal's office refused to issue a statement.

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Dear Sirs,

I am deeply concerned with media's hounding of Brian Larsen, a good, honest man who I had the honour of serving with. There is no finer public servant than General Larsen, and this political hit job, I fear solely designed to divert attention away from the Sky Marshal's appalling premiership, is most profoundly unfair, disgusting and dangerous. 

If General Larsen is found guilty the Sky Marshal will not only personally be betraying the man who propelled her into high office to begin with; indeed the whole-Federation will be collectively betraying the General.  

Colonel Jim 'Jimmy' Marsher (Ret.)  

----

Dear Sirs,

I served under the butcher, Larsen, and I must say I am delighted to hear that he is finally facing his comeuppance.

There is no punishment fit for a monster like Larsen. May he rot in hell.

Anonymous   

The Iskander Herald is a registered third party news vendor, authorized under docket number 161, and protected under section (6)(2) of the Iskander Accords, which permits a limited number of approved third party organisations the right to publish news independent of the Federal state. Any complaints should be directed to the Regulation of Press Committee, Federal Council, ISK SW1A 1AA