[IC] What now?

A message is pinned to the wall near the Mess Hall on the Cargo ship, available for all on the ship to read.

THIS NOTE WILL BE REMOVED UPON OUR DEPARTURE OF THIS VESSEL.

Greetings, What's left of Alpha Company. 

As you are all aware, on Friday the 19th of April, 2299, the Ulysses S. Grant, our home for the past few years, has perished. With it, went Second, Third and Fourth Platoon, as well as a lot of our crew and many of First Platoon. 

To add onto that, our Sky Marshal, Ortiz, the very same woman who sent us into the Arachnid Quarantine Zone, leading to this disaster, has subsequently started a new war against the Arachnids, leading to a full frontal invasion from our Alien friends. Hundreds of thousands are now dead and we caused it. Or so the Sky Marshal says.

Of course, this is not the truth. We went in there under her orders, alone. The bitch has thrown us under the bus to save her skin, sentencing us all to death. Of course, if you're reading this it means you managed to escape prison with us. Now we are alone. No Federation to support us, no weapons, it's just us. 

So, you may ask yourself, what now?

I have a plan for us, but I can't do it alone. I, of course, can not force you all to follow me. We're all outlaws now, no longer bound to Federal laws. If you want to leave, you may. If not? This is the plan.

First, we will get off of Karrus in a ship. There is a new ship, the Charles Upham, sitting in a dock on Pallus, waiting for us. But to get that, we will need weapons. I plan to take the ship in a few weeks. (OOC: it will most likely be Friday the 26th.) However, on the way, we are going to stop by a few smaller colony planets to secure supplies.

Our first stop is an abandoned Federal planet, now home to the Arachnids. There is an old military base there that we can secure some rifles from. (OOC: This will be on Monday, tomorrow after writing this. Roughly 9PM GMT.)

After that, we will go to planets along the way to make sure we have as much gear as we can get our hands on so we are fully prepared to take this ship.

Once we have the Upham, we're heading for the Galactic Rim, OR the border of the Skinnie Quarantine Zone. The Federation are distracted with the Arachnid assault, so their main focus is the AQZ. The people near Galactic Rim have been long since abandoned by the Federation, they are unlikely to out us should we offer them our help. We will, in a sense, be mercenaries. Doing jobs for people in exchange for supplies. Guns, armour, vehicles, food, water, alcohol, anything. 

It's going to be rough, it will be a hard few months going forward, maybe even years. But I promise you, all of you, we will take down Ortiz. If it's the last thing we do.

I thank each of you who follow me going forward. Let's avenge our fallen.

- Colonel Sebastian Bently.

• Like 1
  • Creative 1