[CASSANDRA CHRONICLE] Governor speaks about the 112th's defection.

StevieJr

kfLQkum.jpg

[-Transmission Begun-]

[April 23, 2299]

[Voice of: Governor Marcus Bracken]

"Citizen of Cassandra, I am addressing you today after the alleged betrayal of the 112th. It hurts my heart to have seen such a competent and famous unit defect from the Federation. To be traitors. They helped us in desperate times, and spent life and limb on our surface against the arachnid menace.

I am shocked to hear that they have now escaped justice, and fled Federal Jurisdiction. But, I do not believe that everything I hear is factual, citizens of Cassandra. They saved our world from certain death many times, and defended the citizens and civilians alike here, losing life and limb to do so. How could they have done this? Are they really traitors? Or are there other traitors to our great Federation? Did they really cause this war? Or was it them acting on orders like soldiers do?

I have full confidence in our Sky Marshal to answer these questions, as a citizen and a loyal servant of our great Federation, this is General and Governor Marcus Bracken telling the people of Cassandra to fight to the end, do not let the Arachnid Empire seize our home."

[-Transmission End-]

Governor Bracken spoke Tuesday of the traitors known as the 112th. After questioning by journalists he explained his position officially as neutral on the defection, and he will urge the Mobile Infantry to stay on Cassandra and fight the Arachnid threat rather than leave the planet defenseless to hunt down the 112th, who escaped from justice several days prior.

He later told Federal journalists how the 112th has helped Cassandra many times, and their exploits against the Arachnids on our home world. The Governor has stated how he does not believe the 112th could have betrayed the Federation so suddenly, and wishes for them to be tried and those guilty found guilty, and those innocent released. The people of Cassandra view the 112th as saviors and heroes, as they held back Arachnid attacks time and time again on the planet and sent the bugs running. Polls show a 64% approval rating of what the 112th has done on our planet, and another poll says 40% have changed their minds after the alleged betrayal of the famous infantry battalion.