Rohan 'Rafale' Mandella

Banana

I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.

- Pre-Disorders Naval Captain

tacwing19may.png

Basic Information

Name: Rohan Mandella

Place of Birth: Halifax, Arne

Date of Birth: 16 May 2275

Height: 6’0”

Physical Description:

Weight: 180lbs

Hair colour: Black

Eye colour: Brown

Military Information

RankFlight Lieutenant

Branch: Fleet (TAC)

Date of Enlistment: 24AUG95

Years of Service: 2 years, 8 months

Service Record:

• Recruit, Mobile Infantry: 26AUG95; Mobile Infantry Recruit Depot, Trainee

• Private, Mobile Infantry: 04NOV95 ; 42nd Battalion, Rifleman

• Private First Class, Mobile Infantry: 29APR96 ; 42nd Battalion, Rifleman

• Lance Corporal, Mobile Infantry: 24AUG97; 42nd Battalion, Rifleman

• Officer Cadet, Fleet: 02JAN98 ; Fleet Academy, Officer Candidate

• Officer Cadet, Fleet: 01MAY98; Pallas Dockyards, Officer Cadet (Awaiting Orders)

• Officer Cadet, Fleet: 04MAY98; Pallas Dockyards, Officer Cadet (Awaiting Orders) -- Unaccounted for.

• Ensign, Fleet: 14MAY98; Charles H. Upham, TAC Pilot
  • Flight Lieutenant, Fleet: 6JUL98; Charles H. Upham, TAC Pilot

latest?cb=20120414144034 Ace Ribbons: 3

dW-85PC-np0w1Srlt1g23OWZtWAWaGqVjymlRngl Combat Action Ribbon: 1

Personal Information

Family:

• Niels Breton, Father

• Amelia Breton, Mother

Backstory: Rohan Mandella was born on the colony of Arne, but was abandoned to an orphanage in the first few days of his life. He has speculated he was born to merchant marines, passing through the colony on a trading mission, or perhaps at least just the father was. Either way, he finds no point in speculating on the topic. Instead, his legal family was the ones who adopted him at the age of 7, and unlike many other foster families, gave him a good upbringing. His foster parents, though civilians, worked hard to ensure they passed down a strong sense of honor and ethics. In his academic career, he did particularly well, receiving good marks in general and especially on the service aptitude battery. In 2295, a little over a year after graduating high school, he decided to enlist in the Mobile Infantry, lured in by a promise of adventure and brotherhood, both of which he felt he was missing from his fairly quiet and easygoing upbringing. Upon enlisting he chose to change his surname to signify his independence (and subconsciously, always recognized that he wasn’t truly family with his foster parents), choosing the name of a character from his favorite science fiction novel, a character with which he felt was relatable.

Mandella’s term of service in the Mobile Infantry had passed mostly without note. Having the misfortune (or fortune) to be assigned to a battalion which spent most of its time in colonial defense missions, and never involved an actual combat drop. The young Trooper proved once again proved himself perceptive and intelligent in his duties, and a good section leader when necessary, but otherwise lost motivation over time in the boredom of patrols of friendly space. Impressed by the sharpness of the Fleet crewmen which he occasionally got to observe, admiring of their apparent technological prowess, and envious of the what seemed the constantly stimulating challenge that came with operating a Fleet vessel, Mandella applied for and was accepted as an Officer Candidate in the Fleet Academy.

Officer Cadet Rohan Mandella, now having completed his studies at the Academy, was originally assigned to the docks at the colony of Pallas, awaiting assignment. This was interrupted during the crisis at Dundreary and throughout Pallas, where he found himself caught up with the 112th Battalion and participated in their acquisition of the Charles H. Upham. He undertook duties as Officer Cadet of the Bridge Staff, awaiting Division Assignment and Specialty Qualification, when he was selected for and received a commission as an Ensign in the Upham's TAC wing.

Characteristics: Perceptive, curious, honest. Often wears an apathetic face, sometimes even to unintended social detriment. To those he knows well, he's been known to engage in a bit of friendly banter. However, as of late, the stress of the Upham's position and nature of their being has been eating away at the young Ensign, and the cracks have shown through a few incidents. Fortunately, this hasn't yet affected his ability to carry out his actual job, but it may be a matter of time.

Strengths & Weaknesses: Sometimes operates by-the-book (+/-), primarily when working on something he's inexperienced in. His curious and perceptive nature bodes well to his role as an officer, but sometimes can get caught up in his role: more often seen in his workspaces than being sociable with his less-than-close colleagues (that being just as important for an officer), and sometimes even skipping meals and workouts in order to keep up with his shifts and studies. He probably wouldn’t make the best Ship’s Captain, but he will probably make for a damn fine subordinate officer.

Personal Relationships

Friendly | Liked | Neutral | Disliked | Hated

Cmdr. LupinacciA clearly competent man of profession. I imagine he'll go far as an Officer; hell, he's already Lieutenant and CO of Upham's Weaponry Crew. *Now the First Mate of the Upham, well done. I look forward to continue working with him.

WCdr. Helstrom - My first wingman, and who vouched for me to Sawyer to be considered for TAC -- and now my Commander. I wish her promotion were under better circumstances, but nevertheless she will do well in the position.

WCdr. Sawyer - I owe my commissioning and placement into the TAC Wing to her fighting on my behalf against the Captain for my transfer. Beyond that, I've seen her work on the Bridge and in the TAC Simulators, and I have no doubt as to why she's the Wing Commander. I'm happy to have her as my CO, plain and simple. *It's truly a shame to have seen her leave, in the way she did. Here's to you, Fox -- see you on the ground.

Lt. Nejem - A welcoming member of the Bridge Crew. Don't interact with her much myself, but pleasant where I do. However, it does seems she has some crosses to bear in her interactions with other members of fleet. *I wish you the best, shipmate.

MCPO. Setu -  A bit stand-offish to me, probably due to me being newer. Still a bit undecided about him, but I have no doubt as to his competency.

Sgt. Praedyth - I know nothing about her, other than she was the only person to shoot me down in the flight sims. Hardly.

Capt. Nash - Seems to be an alright Commander, though maybe goofy (?) once in a while. Haven't interacted much with him otherwise. *Now the ship's Captain, and doing an alright job. I interact with him once in a while, but I wouldn't say enough to give good judgement. Alright so far.

PO2 Imperius - A petty officer of the Bridge Crew. Although I don't interact with him much due to having different shifts, he's a pretty alright guy.